Windows 10: Cannot access Prefetch folder any longer - strange

Discus and support Cannot access Prefetch folder any longer - strange in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all - I am the (local) Admin of my system, yet I cannot access my Prefetch folder any longer in W10 Pro. No errors, except that Properties indicate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Compumind Win User

Cannot access Prefetch folder any longer - strange

Hi all -

I am the (local) Admin of my system, yet I cannot access my Prefetch folder any longer in W10 Pro.
    No errors, except that Properties indicate it as an empty folder.
    A mouse click does nothing.

When I login to my true Admin account, it is fully accessible and populated.

Any idea why and how to correct?

TIA

*Zip

:)

Compumind, Apr 23, 2019

2. Cannot access Prefetch folder any longer - strange

Check out the registry prefetch settings
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters

This is what mine looks like

Cannot access Prefetch folder any longer - strange [​IMG]

The 3 is the default setting for fully caching what prefetch does.
    --- Unfortunately I lost the link that provided that information.
    --- That source also mention to ensure SuperFetch is also set to 3

These are my notes from the link I had found
    0: Disable SuperFetch
    1: Cache applications only
    2: Cache boot files only
    3: Cache everything (default)

MeAndMyComputer, Jun 28, 2019
  3. Compumind Win User

Hi all -

I am the (local) Admin of my system, yet I cannot access my Prefetch folder any longer in W10 Pro.
    No errors, except that Properties indicate it as an empty folder.
    A mouse click does nothing.

When I login to my true Admin account, it is fully accessible and populated.

Any idea why and how to correct?

TIA

*Zip

Compumind, Jun 28, 2019
  4. Compumind Win User

Very strange...

I just went to check on my Prefetch folder as a regular local Admin and now it works fine.

I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks for the reply.

*Confused

Compumind, Jun 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot access Prefetch folder any longer - strange - Similar Threads - Cannot access Prefetch

2. app cannot access folder

in Windows 10 Support
    app cannot access folder: Aplication cannot access folder and say to check permissions, but i already launched it as admin and checked under which user it is running and give that user full control to the folder and tried to check replace all child permissions, but it unchecks, after i check it. I...
  3. I purchased Minecraft but cannot find it any longer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I purchased Minecraft but cannot find it any longer: It was about two years ago when I purchased this game in the Store. I got a free gift code for Minecraft windows 10 edition. But I cannot find the game anywhere and it keeps repeating that I should buy this game. Why?...
  4. Prefetch Files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Prefetch Files: My Windows 10 was extremely slow and I tried everything to make it faster. I was told NOT to delete the prefetch files BUT never the less I tried and like magic, my Windows 10 was at least a dozen times faster. I did find that the startup was slower but the fact that it ran...
  5. Cannot access any website with any videos or any videos on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access any website with any videos or any videos on my computer: I don't know what's going on with my computer. My computer suddenly stopped playing any video whatsoever. I can't access any video on my computer. What happens is it pulls up the video viewer thing and then the video viewer is blank for the entire time. I sent the video...
  6. Cannot access any programs after login

Cannot access any programs after login: Cannot open internet after login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-any-programs-after-login/4b38a4b8-54b2-4b8d-af2a-41dda89b5cb3
  7. Cannot access any programs after login

Cannot access any programs after login: Cannot open internet after login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-any-programs-after-login/81134f14-7de3-4530-8ee4-dcb29d366540
  8. Prefetch Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prefetch Question: Have a file in my prefetch I can find no info on. "dynrespri.7db" Anyone know what this associates with? Thanks. 44686
  9. I cannot access any settings

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot access any settings: Hi, I was reading Brink's post on changing account pictures in Win 10 as I cannot change my account picture on my Dell Optiplex. Noticed: C:\Users\Public\Public Account Pictures\S-1-5-21.......(GUID for user account). I have read Brink's: How to Fix Manage "File does not...
  10. cannot edit (or see) parameters in a shortcut any longer

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot edit (or see) parameters in a shortcut any longer: I have a shortcut to a program and pass the program a parameter, e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Beyond Compare 2\BC2.exe" @Syncit The shortcut works, however, since windows 10, I find that I cannot edit or even view the full command line using rightclick/properties. In...