Windows 10: Cannot Access Privacy Settings due to Browser Crash

Discus and support Cannot Access Privacy Settings due to Browser Crash in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Team, I was absent from home last week. After I returned this Sunday evening September 13, 2020 my Windows was updated when switching... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ravill, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Ravill Win User

Cannot Access Privacy Settings due to Browser Crash

Dear Microsoft Team,

I was absent from home last week. After I returned this Sunday evening September 13, 2020 my Windows was updated when switching off the computer I run WIndows 10.

The next day I imediately noticed that my microphone wasn't working anymore. After some research I found out that there is a bug which already occured in 2018. According to the description, the update changed the privacy settings so that my apps cannot use my microphone.

When I tried to access the privacy settings I noticed that my browser crashes if I select privacy settings in the left bar for most of the options anyway. I tried a workaround which I found here: https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2018/01/11/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17074-pc/ by running the elevated command prompt: "reg.exe add HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionCapabilityAccessManagerConsentStoremicrophone /v Value /d Allow /f". After I corrected the command prompt by changing to "reg add" and inserting backslashes, I received the message that the operation was successful. However the problem persisted.

Please give helpful advice how to solve the problem.

Greetings,

Aidan

:)

Ravill, Sep 15, 2020
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Browser Location Privacy- How to Set

Here's something I ran across you might find helpful if you're concerned about browser privacy and access to your location. It's easy to set virtually any browser to stop asking if it can access your location. There are steps outlined for Firefox, Chrome, Edge and IE. Firefox steps are also for any Mozilla based browser (i.e. Cyberfox , etc.) and Chrome steps for any Chromium based browser. This is the example for Firefox, all others are outlined in the article. No hacks, just settings. TC

How to Stop Websites From Asking For Your Location

Type geo.enabled into the Search box on the about:config screen. Double-click the “geo.enabled” preference that appears and Firefox will set it to “false”.
    You can close the about:config tab afterwards.

Cannot Access Privacy Settings due to Browser Crash ximg_58a60c6cdc483.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.T7VcO6yLYe.png

f14tomcat, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Privacy Settings Not Working

Hi Mahrin,

You may be having a hard time in accessing the website because of the browser you are using. Kindly answer the following questions so we can help you in resolving the problem:

• What browser do you use to access your Xbox account on the web?
    • Do you get a specific error code when you open the privacy settings link?
    • Did the problem start after applying changes on the PC?

If you are using Windows browsers to access the website, see if deleting the browser history will allow you to open the privacy settings page. Doing this will clear the stored Internet data that may be preventing you from accessing certain websites. Refer
    to these links to delete the browser history for Windows browsers:

It will also give us more information about the issue if you try signing in to your Xbox account and going to the privacy settings page using a different browser.

Let us know how it turns out.

Regards.

Ruz San, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Cannot Access Privacy Settings due to Browser Crash

cant open privacy settings

Hi Sean,

There are several possible explanations as to why you're encountering issues with accessing your Xbox account's privacy settings. Here's a list of the common factors:

• There's an ongoing Xbox Live server outage.
    • You're using a child account which needs a parent permission in order to change the privacy settings.
    • Access to Xbox Live is not yet available to your location.

For us to determine the root cause of this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a child or a parent account?
    • Have you made any changes to your Xbox account before encountering this issue?
    • Have you tried using a different web browser to access your account's privacy settings?
    • Are you encountering the same issue when accessing your account's privacy settings on a different device like an Xbox console?

Catherine Cus., Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Access Privacy Settings due to Browser Crash

1. Cannot Access Privacy Settings due to Browser Crash - Similar Threads - Cannot Access Privacy

2. I cannot access privacy and security settings on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot access privacy and security settings on Windows 11: I am unable to access my Privacy and Security settings, after a fresh windows install. I had a problem installing your latest cumulative update, so had to do a full Windows reinstall, I now get the following error message when trying to access my Privacy and Security...
  3. I cannot access privacy and security settings on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access privacy and security settings on Windows 11: I am unable to access my Privacy and Security settings, after a fresh windows install. I had a problem installing your latest cumulative update, so had to do a full Windows reinstall, I now get the following error message when trying to access my Privacy and Security...
  4. Cannot Access Microsoft Xbox Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Access Microsoft Xbox Privacy Settings: Hello, I've had this issue for some time and cant seem to find a fix to my issue. It always tells me that "The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available."...
  5. Cannot Access Microsoft Xbox Privacy Settings

Cannot Access Microsoft Xbox Privacy Settings: Hello, I've had this issue for some time and cant seem to find a fix to my issue. It always tells me that "The URL may be misspelled or the page you're looking for is no longer available."...
  6. Cannot access privacy setting on MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access privacy setting on MS account: Hi all,hopefully this is the right space for my question - if not, please move the thread to appropriate one.Intro: I'm using Edge browser and have a system option of auto login to MS account enabled. Usually, when I go to account settings through Windows system menu, Edge is...
  7. Cannot access privacy setting on MS account

Cannot access privacy setting on MS account: Hi all,hopefully this is the right space for my question - if not, please move the thread to appropriate one.Intro: I'm using Edge browser and have a system option of auto login to MS account enabled. Usually, when I go to account settings through Windows system menu, Edge is...
  8. Cannot access device manager or settings due to "Windows cannot access the speccified...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot access device manager or settings due to "Windows cannot access the speccified...: Hi, as the title says I am having this issue. I looked up some solutions and they involve files, however, device manager and my settings are not files so I'm not sure how to fix it. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/TheEpicBox [link] [comments]...
  9. Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot play online due to "Privacy settings": Me and a friend recently opened up a realm on Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, but since paying for it on the 31st of August I have only been able to play a total of 4 or so hours over a two-three day period, the first day was fine, the second day I couldn't sign in, after...
  10. Browser Location Privacy- How to Set

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Location Privacy- How to Set: Here's something I ran across you might find helpful if you're concerned about browser privacy and access to your location. It's easy to set virtually any browser to stop asking if it can access your location. There are steps outlined for Firefox, Chrome, Edge and IE. Firefox...