Windows 10: Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP

Discus and support Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 64 bit professional and using Firefox as my web browser. Whenever I put in the IP address of either my BT Hub 2 router or my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pompeyexile2, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP

I am running Windows 10 64 bit professional and using Firefox as my web browser.

Whenever I put in the IP address of either my BT Hub 2 router or my QNAP NAS all I keep getting is 'server not found' even though when I do the same on my mobile phone I can access them with no problems.

I also run the QNAP Qfinder Pro to try and access my NAS but i just keep getting a message that says 'cannot connect to the device, check to see if the device and your computer are on the same subnet'. I'm assuming that is 255.255.255.0 which I believe they are.

Two weeks ago I could access my NAS and router with no issues. I have not changed anything just turned it on one day and could not connect to them. I have tried using Chrome and Edge but have the same issue.

I have contacted the Firefox forum but they are saying as I cannot access these IP addresses using any browser, it is a Windows issue.

Please can anyone help with this as all my music and photos etc are on my NAS and I am in the process of burning my 1500 plus CD's via my laptop on to iTunes which sits on my NAS. I am not very computer literate so any information such as where to find things if I need to change anything would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul.

:)

pompeyexile2, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Pauli O Win User

NAS Drive IP

1) Check you NAS Drive manuals how to change IP address to static.

2) Change your router settings so that DHCP Server is manually assigned to give that NAS predefined IP address linked to NAS MAC address.

Pauli O, Jul 7, 2020
  3. brainiii Win User
    IP camera issue with wireless Access Point

well I connected the second router as you said, indeed it stayed on the same subnet, but wouldn't give ip address to the camera, not in router or in AP mode.
    However, I managed to solve the problem even with 2 subnets.
    On the primary router, I port forwaded port 80 to the ip address of the secondary router.
    On the secondary router, I port forwaded port 80 to the ip address of the ip camera.

Now I can access the ip camera from the mobile app AND from any pc/browser externally.

solved, thanks for the suggestions

brainiii, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Karamas Win User

Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP

IP accessing

I have a program hat i use to block certain ip address from accessing my router/switch and computer...but i was looking and it seems that there is always a person trying to access the computer whether i have a program up or not i can be do nothing and there is an ip adress trying to access the computer. Why is this. I know that the computer is tries to send out data but it shows ips coming in are these response from me sending out the data???

Karamas, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP

1. Cannot access Router IP or NAS IP - Similar Threads - Cannot access Router

2. Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible: Hi, I've been having an issue recently, that seemed to just have popped out of nowhere. I have 2 windows PCs, a main, and a secondary one which I'm using as a temporary quick network storage solution. I change my network settings to private, then turn on sharing in the...
  3. Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access network drive - IP is not accessible: Hi, I've been having an issue recently, that seemed to just have popped out of nowhere. I have 2 windows PCs, a main, and a secondary one which I'm using as a temporary quick network storage solution. I change my network settings to private, then turn on sharing in the...
  4. Windows 10 cannot connect to static IP NAS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 cannot connect to static IP NAS: Hello, I’m in bit of a trouble here. I have a WD MyCloud NAS which is connected to my local network over a static IP (192.168.0.107) setup within my router DHCP settings. Everything works as expected from my mac and the NAS is easily accessible from there, but my Windows 10...
  5. Is my ip my PC's IP or my routers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is my ip my PC's IP or my routers: If I search what is my il on google I get the same answer on my phone and pc, does everyone get the same answer if they are on the same wifi? submitted by /u/ImKimkoli [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffsidd/is_my_ip_my_pcs_ip_or_my_routers/
  6. Server network cannot access with name but accessible with ip

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Server network cannot access with name but accessible with ip: I have a Server and a few windows 10 computers in my office. Usually i can access the server network from all computers by typing \\"servername". I restarted the server today morning and after that two of my windows 10 computers dont connect to server when I type...
  7. Media Disconnected, New Router, Cannot Renew IP

Media Disconnected, New Router, Cannot Renew IP: I just bought a netgear router to create a new access point for a mother-in-law apartment in a new home. There is one level above me where the owners live. They also use a netgear router and are assigned the same ip. I realized the internet wouldn't connect past the...
  8. Ip router hide

Ip router hide: Hello . I need some help. I use monthly internet service with wlan routers connected to optics . my question is 1.does the server see my internet service provider ip, or see my ip router, or see ip on my laptop?? if I use VPN on my laptop. Will the server still see my IP?...
  9. NAS not accessible for writing from Win10 IP

NAS not accessible for writing from Win10 IP: I have two VMs in a VirtualBox Win7 Host. One is an upgrade of a Win7 machine and the other is a conversion of a IP install to the ISO download. I am having a problem accessing my NAS (an old Netgear ReadyNAS) from these machines. I read in another thread about someone who...
  10. Cannot access Network drive by IP

Cannot access Network drive by IP: As the title, my Windows 10 Enterprise PC cannot access to my company's network storage at \\10.63.0.250. In the previous edition like windows 7 or 8, I can access easily by enter \\10.63.0.250 in the Address box in File Explorer or in Run windows (Window button + R)....