Windows 10: Cannot access \\server

Discus and support Cannot access \\server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; We have several Win 7 laptops which connect to our Win 7 Desktop (Server) and one Win 10 laptop that has never been able to connect to it. Attempting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tipiford, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Tipiford Win User

Cannot access \\server

We have several Win 7 laptops which connect to our Win 7 Desktop (Server) and one Win 10 laptop that has never been able to connect to it.
    Attempting to "Map a network drive" or "Add a network location," the Win 10 laptop sees the server but cannot access it, giving the 0x80070035 error (running Scottie's LAN Scanner also sees the Server).
    The entire network is shared, and with the exception of the Win 10 laptop, all of the Win 7 machines can see all folders in the Win 7 server, but cannot access the Win 10 machine, nor can the Win 10 machine access the server or any of the Win 7 machines.

:)

Tipiford, Jun 10, 2018

2. Unable to connect to Google servers

There are cases that web content are blocked due to proxy server settings. We suggest that you remove the check mark on the the proxy server box, follow the steps below:

• Type Internet Options in the Ask me anything bar.
    • Click on Connections tab.
    • Click on LAN settings.
    • Remove check in Proxy server box.
    Once done, access your Google apps and check if issue persist.

Send your post to keep us updated on how the steps goes.

Darwin Dim, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Error: "Server PC is not accessible", "The network address is invalild" on Windows 10

Hi Gavin,

Apologize for the delay in response to your issue.

• Do let us know if your device is connected to a Windows Server?
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested in the Microsoft help article in my previous post and check if it helps?

Step like: Run the Network troubleshooter, Update the rivers, Rollback the drivers, turn off firewalls etc..

Try the above troubleshooting steps update us the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Cannot access \\server

1. Cannot access \\server - Similar Threads - Cannot access server

2. DHCP server cannot update A records, access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DHCP server cannot update A records, access denied: Under normal situation when DHCP performing dynamic updates on behalf, the server itself has write permission to the records.But if client machine initiate a dns update eg. manually run ipconfig /registerdns, the A record resulted is not updatable by DHCP server eg. when IP...
  3. DHCP server cannot update A records, access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DHCP server cannot update A records, access denied: Under normal situation when DHCP performing dynamic updates on behalf, the server itself has write permission to the records.But if client machine initiate a dns update eg. manually run ipconfig /registerdns, the A record resulted is not updatable by DHCP server eg. when IP...
  4. DHCP server cannot update A records, access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot access a server on Windows 10 using ssh key

Cannot access a server on Windows 10 using ssh key: I successfully connected to the server on Linux but I could not connect to the same server with the same ssh keys that I copied to my Windows 10 computer. I have already did a lot of research on forums regarding this problem but could not find the answer. Here is the debug...
  6. Windows 10 Cannot Access Server 2000 Network Drive

Windows 10 Cannot Access Server 2000 Network Drive: Hi All my company purchase new PC with Win10 but i cannot access our old Server Windows 2000, i tried enable SMBv1, NLM Security, Encryption 128Bit etc still work, keep prompt user name password incorrect, did not support anymore?...
  7. Server network cannot access with name but accessible with ip

Server network cannot access with name but accessible with ip: I have a Server and a few windows 10 computers in my office. Usually i can access the server network from all computers by typing \\"servername". I restarted the server today morning and after that two of my windows 10 computers dont connect to server when I type...
  8. Cannot access folders on server - domain network

Cannot access folders on server - domain network: I am unable to access folders on my office domain server from my laptop, but can access devices. When I try to connect to the network drives I get a dialog box telling me that I don't have adequate permissions, but I definitely do, and can access everything from any other PC...
  9. Cannot Access NAS-server after Win10 update

Cannot Access NAS-server after Win10 update: I recently bought a laptop, and now it cannot access my Synology DSM213 in File Explorer. The NAS showed up on the network on my laptop, but not in File Explorer, and when trying to open it, it would have me access it through a web browser. I want it treated like a...
  10. User Account cannot access server

User Account cannot access server: I originally posted this at Seven Forums but haven't yet gotten a response. I'm wondering if the experts haven't all migrated to W10. Anyway If some could please have a look at it and possibly give some insight: My PC at work can access the company server since this...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone cannot access server