Windows 10: cannot access shared folders on my server but i can use remote desktop

Discus and support cannot access shared folders on my server but i can use remote desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi i'm slowly going through various posts which are similar to my above problem but looking for a quick answer. Essentially my problem is this, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by razy60, Nov 2, 2018.

1. razy60 Win User

cannot access shared folders on my server but i can use remote desktop

Hi i'm slowly going through various posts which are similar to my above problem but looking for a quick answer.
    Essentially my problem is this, I have a home server, 3 PC's, 2 TV's and a bluray player which all used to be able to see each other i recently had to reinstall windows on one of the PC's due to a drive failure i cannot now access any shared folders on that PC, i also cannot see any shared folders on any of the other devices, i can however access the server via remote desktop from that PC. In libraries the Network icon shows connect devices. My other PC's are all running win 10 1803 plus one of them also has a fresh install but is not suffering the same problem.

Thanks for any help

:)

razy60, Nov 2, 2018
  2. Ross211 Win User

Remote access to my (local) server's folders

But what if he tries to access this mapped drive when he is not on the same subnet of his server ?

Ross211, Nov 2, 2018
  3. Shared folder access

Hi,

I have a shared folder in my remote desktop. But am not able to access the shared folder from my pc. Can you figure out a solution

NithaNaresh, Nov 2, 2018
  4. cannot access shared folders on my server but i can use remote desktop

Remote access to my (local) server's folders

I am running a simple local fileserver. Windows based.

I would like to access (load, save, modify) what's on this server when I am away on business trips. Laptop -- internet -- router - server

What is the best way to do this? Setup WebDAV or ftp-server or something else? I would prefer direct access, ie. being able to load/save from an application rather than using ftp as a separate step.

Completely Bonkers, Nov 2, 2018
Thema:

cannot access shared folders on my server but i can use remote desktop

1. cannot access shared folders on my server but i can use remote desktop - Similar Threads - cannot access shared

2. Remote Desktop has stopped working and I cant access my remote server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop has stopped working and I cant access my remote server: All of a sudden remote desktop has stopped working and I cant access it. Some background first:The remote server is running the latest version of Windows 11. Normally when I try to login from the client I open "OpenVPN" create a connection and then run the MRD app. The client...
  3. Remote Desktop has stopped working and I cant access my remote server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop has stopped working and I cant access my remote server: All of a sudden remote desktop has stopped working and I cant access it. Some background first:The remote server is running the latest version of Windows 11. Normally when I try to login from the client I open "OpenVPN" create a connection and then run the MRD app. The client...
  4. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:": This is the title of a 2018 "locked" question.I found this thread trying to search for my 2nd pc's network that gives me much trouble. I could no really find the solution. I can see my 2 pc under network / view tab, but my new and second pc called 'Desktop-blabla20' not real...
  5. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:": This is the title of a 2018 "locked" question.I found this thread trying to search for my 2nd pc's network that gives me much trouble. I could no really find the solution. I can see my 2 pc under network / view tab, but my new and second pc called 'Desktop-blabla20' not real...
  6. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot access remote desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access remote desktop: Hi there,I bought a desktop computer with win11 pro installed. I have enabled the remote desktop connection on this device. However, I tried to connect to this desktop with my win10 computer. After typing the computer name, an error message prompt that "it cannot find the...
  8. Cannot access remote desktop

Cannot access remote desktop: Hi there,I bought a desktop computer with win11 pro installed. I have enabled the remote desktop connection on this device. However, I tried to connect to this desktop with my win10 computer. After typing the computer name, an error message prompt that "it cannot find the...
  9. remote desktop access window server 2016.

remote desktop access window server 2016.: Hi i'm Arslan , i have question related to remote desktop access window server 2016. when i try to access remotely ,after authenticating it pop ups the message : access denied. kindly reply me as soon as possible ,thanks in advance....
  10. Cannot access the hidden folder share on my remote computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access the hidden folder share on my remote computer: Hello Everyone, I can't access hidden folders (like: \\ip_remote\c$ or d$) on a remote computer. Even though when the computer asks for a username and password I have entered it correctly. If I try to make a share folder on the same remote computer. That can be done. I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i can remote desktop but cant access shares

2. can i map my shared folders in windows server remotely?

3. remote desktop access shares from \\

4. can remote login but cant access shared folders,
  5. can remote desktop but can access file sharing,
  6. can remote desktop but cannot share,
  7. remote desktop cannot access network folders,
  8. can access folders on phone but not on desktop