Windows 10: Cannot access shared Windows 7 files from Windows 10 PC The network path was not found...

Discus and support Cannot access shared Windows 7 files from Windows 10 PC The network path was not found... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 PCs, one running Windows 10 named A10 and one running Windows 7 called B7. I need to be able to access B7's files from A10 I don't need to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JABui, Jan 29, 2020.

1. JABui Win User

Cannot access shared Windows 7 files from Windows 10 PC The network path was not found...

I have 2 PCs, one running Windows 10 named A10 and one running Windows 7 called B7. I need to be able to access B7's files from A10 I don't need to be able to access A10 from B7. No, I am not going to upgrade from Windows 7. Yes, I know support has ended for it.

If I try to access B7 from the network, it tells me the network path was not found. Neither PC uses a password to log-in.

I have already found this answer and done everything listed: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/the-network-path-was-not-found-error-code/da93afa8-8d8f-4a5c-b000-a665e68fd71e

The solution for that user was to add the IP address to the hosts file but that isn't working for me.

I can ping the Windows 7 PC using either the IP or the hostname B7, but I can't access it via explorer.

If I boot my Windows 10 PC A10 into Windows 7, I can access the shared folders without a problem.

I have the following services running automatically:

- Function Discovery Provider Host

- Function Discovery Resource Publication

- SSDP Discovery

- UPnP Device Host

Advanced Sharing Settings as follows:

- Private & Public Network Discovery to ON

- Private & Public File and Printer Sharing to ON

- All Networks Read and Write to ON

- All Networks 128-bit encryption to ON

- All Networks Password Protection to OFF

Appropriate Data Drives on both PCs are set to Share with Permissions set at FULL CONTROL for EVERYONE and Security set to FULL CONTROL for EVERYONE.

Both PCs have automatic Windows updates and are fully updated.

:)

JABui, Jan 29, 2020
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

Windows 7 & XP Networking Problem

I have two PCs in my room connected to a Linksys router, both had Windows 7 on them and had file sharing enabled through the Homegroup feature. Now I have XP on one PC, and still Windows 7 on the other. I setup the network on my XP PC and had the Windows 7 PC setup properly so that they could network together.

In 'My Network Places' I can see both PC's listed, I can double click the Windows 7 PC from my Windows XP PC and see the folders that I have set to share, but when I double click any of the folders I get an error message saying "\\PC-2\MP3 is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied.

However, on my Windows 7 PC, I can go to network and browse all of the files I have set to share on the XP PC. So what do I need to do so that I can access the files on my Windows 7 PC on my Windows XP PC?

OrbitzXT, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Cannot access shared Windows 7 files from Windows 10 PC The network path was not found...

Windows File share bug (7 and vista)

Short version.

We have an internet PC in the house, which downloads into a shared folder on the network for everyone to access the files.

Since its on one of my machines, when i access the share it uses my username and i see all updated files and everythings happy.

When other people access, they either use "everyone" (vista) or "homegroup" (7) as permissions, and they only see files added BEFORE the share was created. If i download new files, i have to un-share and re-share the entire folder (which sucks) for them to see the latest files.

Someone else has had this problem, here.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? its pissing me off having to reshare the same folder every day. (FWIW, i had this issue on this machine when it was on vista, and the problem is still there on 7)

Mussels, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot access shared Windows 7 files from Windows 10 PC The network path was not found... - Similar Threads - Cannot access shared

2. Windows 10 local area network path not found - cannot share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 local area network path not found - cannot share: Hi, I'm stumped with this one. I have 2 Windows 10 PCs and a fairly ordinary LAN but I cannot get them to share reliably. I get "network path not found". I have tried all suggestions I've found on the web but no joy. This is the weird part: if I restart one of the 2 PCs, it...
  3. Windows cannot access {share path}. You do not have permission to access {share path}....

Windows cannot access {share path}. You do not have permission to access {share path}....: Hello All!I hope you're doing good. I have Active Directory set-up on Windows Server 2019 and a NAS on a separate server with SMB shares, authenticated using Active directory. As long as the systems Joined in the Domain are connected to the network, they are able to access...
  4. Windows cannot access \\serverName\\share path

Windows cannot access \\serverName\\share path: For some time now for about 3 years, users report an error message “Windows cannot access \\file share path” The work around that has always worked until today, is to have the user reboot, and then they could access the share with no problems. Today I have a case, where...
  5. Cannot access any network shares from Windows 10.

Cannot access any network shares from Windows 10.: I host some network shares via samba on an Ubuntu server, for my local network, and I'm not able to access it. Originally I assumed it was a problem with the samba server, but after trying many things, and searches all leading to dead ends, I eventually tried using a...
  6. Windows Flie Sharing Issues, "The network path was not found"

Windows Flie Sharing Issues, "The network path was not found": I am about to pull my hair out, been trying to network 2 computers for most the day and still am not having any luck... Here is what I have done, and with the new SMB change im not even sure what is and isnt needed.. I have on both computers, opened sharing to public,...
  7. Windows 10 cannot access a Windows 7 share

Windows 10 cannot access a Windows 7 share: Trying to access a Win 7 share from Win 10 - note: a Win 7 can access a Win 10 share Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and Windows 7 Professional 64 bit both machines in same Workgroup, same subnet and gateway ping works between Try to map a drive and use Browse server is there but...
  8. Network path not found after 1803 update (Windows file sharing)

Network path not found after 1803 update (Windows file sharing): Hello! I have a home network consisting of 3 desktop PCs and 1 laptop. 3 of these are running Windows 10 1803 right now, 1 PC is running WIndows 7. I just updated 1 PC and 1 laptop to 1803 yesterday, the third one was already on 1803. Since then, I cannot access my older...
  9. Cannot Access Windows Network Shares

Cannot Access Windows Network Shares: Three machines: Surface Pro 4 - fully updated Surface Pro 3 - Windows 10, fully updated Lenovo X220T - Windows 8.1 Fully updated All three machines can see all available network devices, including each other. All three machines can successfully access and interact...
  10. Accessing a shared folder/file from a networked Windows 7 PC

Accessing a shared folder/file from a networked Windows 7 PC: 2 computers; 1 recently upgraded from W7 Pro, 64-Bit to W10. The other computer is still running W7 Pro, 64-Bit. I had been able to access shared folders and files without entering a username/PW between the 2 PC's. Now, when I try to access a shared folder/file on the W10...