Windows 10: Cannot access some file shares through Wifi

Discus and support Cannot access some file shares through Wifi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The problem only occur when connected through Wi-FI but when connected via Ethernet its working. The files are visible but not accessible. Any help is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alsopranos, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Cannot access some file shares through Wifi

The problem only occur when connected through Wi-FI but when connected via Ethernet its working. The files are visible but not accessible. Any help is much appreciable

submitted by /u/alsopranos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alsopranos, Feb 11, 2020
  2. DTG1 Win User

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Cannot access some file shares through Wifi

LaCie Introduces File Access and Sharing for Families

Today LaCie announced an all-new network storage solution that connects the entire family to their music, movie and photo files. The LaCie CloudBox stores files in a single location so family members can easily share them with friends, and access them from anywhere on any device.

ONE-PLUG, ONE-CLICK SETUP
    The LaCie CloudBox makes setup worry-free thanks to its two-step set-up process. Simply plug the LaCie CloudBox into a power outlet and connect the Ethernet cable into a router. The LaCie CloudBox does the rest with no software to install. In just a few minutes, the LaCie CloudBox will appear on the user's Mac or PC just like a connected device.

Cannot access some file shares through Wifi lacie_cloudbox_01_thm.jpg

SHARE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS
    With the LaCie CloudBox, all files are stored in one place, enabling convenient file access and sharing. The CloudBox includes UPnP capability so Dad can stream Zombie movies to the Xbox 360, iPad, or any network-connected computer and TV.

Sister can use LaCie's MyNAS application to access her brother's dubstep music collection from her college dorm room. Once brother grants her access to the music folder, she can play files directly from her desktop or smart phone.

Mom can share her photo albums with out-of-town family and friends by sharing a secure download link. She doesn't have to worry about privacy or size limitations. All the files are under her full control. Plus, parents can create private folders to keep business and tax files safe from prying eyes.

FILES ARE SAFE AT HOME OR ON THE GO
    The LaCie CloudBox goes beyond the home network. It can automatically back up multiple computers in the home. The included backup software for PC and Mac helps the family ensure all zombie movies, music collections and family photos are backed up should they experience a laptop, phone or tablet crash or loss. And for families that are always out and about, the LaCie CloudBox ensures they can access files from any network-connected smart phone, tablet or laptop. They never have to worry about syncing the latest music download because the files are always accessible.

CLOUDBOX IN ACTION: ONE FAMILY'S STORY
    Even though families live under the same roof, their gadgets and file locations are very different. For one such family, the LaCie CloudBox brings them and their files together in surprising ways -- .

AVAILABILITY
    The LaCie CloudBox, design by Neil Poulton, is available in 1 TB, 2 TB and 3 TB capacities through the LaCie Online Store and LaCie Resellers starting at $119.99.

Cristian_25H, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Cannot access some file shares through Wifi

1. Cannot access some file shares through Wifi - Similar Threads - Cannot access file

2. File sharing through network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing through network: For years I have been able to access my desktop from my laptop and vice versa. Now it only partially happens. I know that there have been Windows updates/changes, etc., but I can't see how that affects my situation. So far as I know I have taken all steps to share files....
  3. Cannot access network share

Cannot access network share: From my Windows 10 machine Machine 1, I cannot access folders that are shared on a Windows XP machine Machine 2. I don't think it is an OS incompatibility issue. For years, it worked. And, accessing shared folders on a second Windows XP machine Machine 3 is working, as it...
  4. cannot access a shared file/folder

cannot access a shared file/folder: I am having a problem on my new laptop computer trying to access a shared folder on my desktop computer. Both computers are on a private network along with two other laptop computers. When I start Internet Explorer on the new laptop computer and try to search the network for...
  5. File Sharing "Windows cannot access"

File Sharing "Windows cannot access": Problem: Only some clients cannot connect to Shared folder Configuration: My clients want to map network drive to connect the folder which is on my computer. One of my clients can connect, however, other 2 clients cannot connect by getting "Windows cannot access" error....
  6. Cannot connect to internet through SOME wifi

Cannot connect to internet through SOME wifi: So my laptop, which is a Lenovo Legion Y520, can't connect to the internet through the instaconnect wifi. It can connect to the wifi, but it says no internet. However, some of my other devices work very well on the same wifi. What confuses me is that the Lenovo Legion Y520...
  7. File Sharing Through the Network

File Sharing Through the Network: I've got two computers on my network. One of them has files that the other needs to access. The computer that hosts the files is a Windows 10 machine. The other one recently upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. Ever since that upgrade the computer that is trying to access the...
  8. Cannot access Samba share

Cannot access Samba share: Hi, I have a few Windows 10 computers and some linux computers on my network. I use Samba to enable sharing between the Windows and Linux computers. On one of the Windows computer I have a Storage Spaces drive set up as a Samba share. I can access some of the folders on this...
  9. Cannot access files over Network Sharing

Cannot access files over Network Sharing: After a good deal of bad words about the removal of homegroup and about the "easy" Windows 10 file sharing, squeezing my brain to the last neuron and thanks to the help of the community too ... *** I succeeded in having my 2 PCs on my home network visible one each other on...
  10. Cannot access Admin shares

Cannot access Admin shares: I have two Windows 10 machines and a Windows 8.1 machine: - PCWIN10-01 - PCWIN10-02 - PCWIN8-03 I want to be able to open admin shares on PCWIN10-01 from PCWIN10-02 and I am getting access denied. Both machines have Creators update. I have searched online for the past...