Windows 10: Cannot access some programs because of family restrictions

Discus and support Cannot access some programs because of family restrictions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I removed myself from a Microsoft Family and tried to log into my Microsoft account on a new computer. Previously I was registered as a child but I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Claudia Brown1, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Cannot access some programs because of family restrictions

I removed myself from a Microsoft Family and tried to log into my Microsoft account on a new computer. Previously I was registered as a child but I currently cannot download some software because of the family restrictions. I double checked, I really removed myself from the Family but the system requires me to get a permission from the adult.

:)

Claudia Brown1, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Cixoos Win User
    Restrict program access and startup for second user?

Is there any easy way to restrict program access and startup for second user?

I need to share my pc for a short time, and would want to restrict what programs show in startmenu and start at boot. Tried a new local account and new family member, but dont see any program restriction controls.

Was looking also for some software that maybe can control this?

Cixoos, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Laurijan Win User

Cannot access some programs because of family restrictions

Restrict access to Windows programs name?

Hi!

A year ago i had to set up an public internet PC and i installed a program from Microsoft but now that i have to install another public PC i have forgotten the programs name.. any idea which program from Microsoft restricts unnessasary access to Windows?

Lauri

Laurijan, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

Cannot access some programs because of family restrictions

1. Cannot access some programs because of family restrictions - Similar Threads - Cannot access programs

2. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  3. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  4. Family restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family restrictions: How can I turn off the requirement to ask for permission to access certain websites? I am already over 18 and I already removed myself from the family, but when I try to access certain websites it still tells me that I need to ask for permission to access the site....
  5. Restrict Hide access to programs by user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restrict Hide access to programs by user: We recently installed several new Win10 computers one of which will be shared by several users. More a matter of limited space than anything else.There are a couple programs on the one unit we do NOT want other users to have access to, let alone see in the start menu or as a...
  6. Cannot install a program because of some unknown administrator!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot install a program because of some unknown administrator!: I have just purchased a new computer and have been attempting to install a little add-on program for Word that I use when grading papers. I have used it on all of my computers since 2009 and never had a problem. Now when I try to install, it says an administrator is...
  7. Family Restrictions

Family Restrictions: I connot remove the rule where you need to enter a password to make changes to the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/6b3830db-904f-46bb-92ae-0d9c4665aaee"
  8. Family restrictions

Family restrictions: how do i remove a family account from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/afd6c005-d0a7-49d6-a52d-f6106c81c95f"
  9. Can't access family section to modify restrictions

Can't access family section to modify restrictions: Hello, For the last few weeks I cannot access the family section of my MS account to modify time restrictions, etc. When I attempt to log in I'm sent to a website that states: Give us a little while to fix this Something’s wrong on our side. For now, you may want to try...
  10. Family Restrictions while accessing apps

Family Restrictions while accessing apps: Recently I have removed my account from my family group and had it converted into an adult account. My age and birth date are up to date, which means this shouldn't be a child account However, when I try to access certain apps, I get this message: [ATTACH] If I try to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. family link cannot install programs to computer