Windows 10: Cannot access some SSL websites on one computer. I can access from another computer on same...

Discus and support Cannot access some SSL websites on one computer. I can access from another computer on same... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 - Latest Build. Attempting to navigate to https://www.goodhousekeeping.com This has been seen on other sites as well. From Chrome I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NeuronSec, Nov 26, 2019.

1. NeuronSec Win User

Cannot access some SSL websites on one computer. I can access from another computer on same...

Windows 10 - Latest Build.

Attempting to navigate to https://www.goodhousekeeping.com

This has been seen on other sites as well.

From Chrome I receive the error: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I have

1. Confirmed other computers on the same network can access the site

2. I am curious if this might have something to do with the certificate authority and a root cert issue as it is affecting multiple sites. I have not yet been able to confirm that the other sites I can't get to are on the same CA.

3. Uninstalled and reinstalled the browsers

4. Rebooted the computer

5. Confirmed Windows patches are current

6. flushed dns cache

7. Cleared SSL state

8. Reset TCP/IP

9. Confirmed no data in hosts file

10. Changed Wifi from public to private profile

11. Attempted with firewall disabled

12. attempted with disabled AV

13. Attempted using a different DNS server

14. Pinged goodhousekeeping.com = successful

15. tracert goodhousekeeping.com = successful

16. Connected to VPN and attempted over VPN

17. Added SSL 3.0 to firefox

18. Turned on all TLS version as a test

19. In firefox confirmed security.enterprise_roots.enabled is set to true

20. Cleared browser and site cache

21. Confirmed data time settings

22. Re-registered the following dlls

23. regsvr32 urlmon.dll
      regsvr32 wintrust.dll
      regsvr32 initpki.dll
      regsvr32 dssenh.dll
      regsvr32 rsaenh.dll
      regsvr32 gpkcsp.dll
      regsvr32 sccbase.dll
      regsvr32 slbcsp.dll
      regsvr32 cryptdlg.dll
      regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
      regsvr32 mshtml.dll
      regsvr32 browseui.dll
      regsvr32 jscript.dll
      regsvr32 vbscript.dll
      regsvr32 oleaut32.dll
      regsvr32 softpub.dll
      regsvr32 urlmon.dll
      regsvr32 actxprxy.dll

24. Added goodhousekeeping.com to trusted sites

25. Reset internet options to default

26. Possibly a couple of other things.

I am curious if this might have something to do with the certificate authority and a root cert issue as it is effecting multiple sites. I have not yet been able to confirm that the other sites I can't get to are on the same CA.

Any ideas?

:)

NeuronSec, Nov 26, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Nov 26, 2019
  3. IP accessing

How could a program on your computer block anything from accessing your router anyway?
    The router itself has to block things, I'd suggest using simple NAT and forwarding ports you need, the rest will be blocked.

DanTheBanjoman, Nov 26, 2019
  4. ASRockIQ Win User

Cannot access some SSL websites on one computer. I can access from another computer on same...

Unable to access website

hey guys, i seem to be unable to access THIS website. i'm a VIP there and i'm working on my sticky thread. the site maybe down or something. i tried turning my DSL Modem and Router off and that's a no go. tried restarting my computer and that also was a no go. lastly tried clearing DATA like Cookies, History, Etc. site maybe just be down.

ASRockIQ, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot access some SSL websites on one computer. I can access from another computer on same... - Similar Threads - Cannot access SSL

2. Cannot log onto a website on one computer but can on another issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log onto a website on one computer but can on another issue.: Hello, On my personal laptop, for some reason I cannot log onto some accounts online. I can get to the sites but when I enter my credentials, it simply loops back to the login again as if I did not do anything. These same accounts on the same sites, however, I can log onto...
  3. Cannot log onto a website on one computer but can on another issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log onto a website on one computer but can on another issue.: Hello, On my personal laptop, for some reason I cannot log onto some accounts online. I can get to the sites but when I enter my credentials, it simply loops back to the login again as if I did not do anything. These same accounts on the same sites, however, I can log onto...
  4. Cannot log onto a website on one computer but can on another issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot access documents folder on another computer which is on the same network

Cannot access documents folder on another computer which is on the same network: I purchased a new Dell laptop because the old tower desktop was giving problems. A batch file to copy files from a router USB thumb drive to another computer on the network used to work perfectly on the old tower. The first command in the batch file is: copy z:\kc8az9~q...
  6. Brand new computer cannot access websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand new computer cannot access websites: Hello, I built this new computer from the ground up, and I have an ethernet connection for it. I have established that the internet connection works fine, because I was able to make everything works with a separate laptop. For the problematic computer, I can do searches on...
  7. How to access one win10 desktop computer from another?

How to access one win10 desktop computer from another?: I have two Win10 desktop computers, each connected by a cable to a single modem/router. I would like to set up a "network" which will allow me to access files on one computer from another and vice versa. Any suggestions on how to do this?...
  8. Access all files from one drive on another computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Access all files from one drive on another computer: My HP laptop is no longer working due to water damage. I had all my files saved in Onedrive. I bought a new HP laptop, but I cannot access all my files from one drive on my new HP laptop. I'm only able to access files from 2017, but I cannot access none of my files from 2018...
  9. Access the directory tree on one computer from another computer

Access the directory tree on one computer from another computer: I have a laptop and desktop computer. Microsoft set an icon on each computer to access the directory tree on the other computer by clicking on the icon. This is no longer working. When I phoned Microsoft Support they gave me a case number and told me they were passing me on...
  10. Cannot access some websites

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot access some websites: Suddenly a couple of days ago while looking through Youtube, I suddenly had a blue screen of death. PC has never been the same since! System Restore and Reset your PC both fail. Also on Chrome I cannot access any https websites, on Edge I cannot access any websites, plus...