Windows 10: Cannot access start menu after update 1804 in Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot access start menu after update 1804 in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It appears after installing build 1804, that the Start menu, edge, explorer, and my audio device no longer work. I hope not to reset my Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rafael_Castro, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Cannot access start menu after update 1804 in Windows 10

It appears after installing build 1804, that the Start menu, edge, explorer, and my audio device no longer work. I hope not to reset my Windows system. Are there reports of other people having this problem? I cannot access settings to try to download updates.

:)

Rafael_Castro, Oct 24, 2018
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Cannot access start menu after update 1804 in Windows 10

Unable to access Start menu, Control Panel with File System Error: 1073740940 on Windows 10

Hi Roy,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused to you in accessing the Start menu, we will help you with this issue.

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried the above mentioned troubleshooting steps to resolve the Start menu issue?

If you are still facing the issue, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article try the troubleshooting steps mentioned and check if it helps.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Cannot access start menu after update 1804 in Windows 10

1. Cannot access start menu after update 1804 in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot access start

2. After Windows 10 update, it cannot start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Windows 10 update, it cannot start.: Every time it keeps going to the recovery options. When I go to the advanced options, it asks me for a password, and when I enter it, it says that it is incorrect. I tried using Shift on startup, it goes to advanced options, and when I try Safe Mode it restarts and throws the...
  3. Cannot access account after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot access account after windows 10 update: [IMG] Hello, I cannot login to my account after a windows 10 update. There is no space given to type my password. When I click sign in it acts like it's going to load but then quickly stops and goes to the screensaver. Please help! Thanks in advance!...
  4. Cannot access search bar in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access search bar in start menu: I cannot access the search bar in the start menu. Additionally, the multiple desktops icon on the taskbar is no longer available. This bug started yesterday, updating and restarting did not fix it. I would go to the searchbar, type in "microsoft feedback", and download the...
  5. Start menu issues after updating Windows 10

Start menu issues after updating Windows 10: I had a notification for updates on my pc. I updated and restarted my pc however since that time the start menu and all system functions from tool bar stopped working. I can use the pinned apps for browser and other stuff. If I right click on the start menu I can restart pc...
  6. Cannot start windows 10 after update.

Cannot start windows 10 after update.: I have an HP Pavilion pc that worked perfectly before the latest update, but now I can't even get to the stage where windows little revolving circle appears. When I switch on the first thing that appears on my Benz monitor in the right hand lower corner is no signal...
  7. Windows 10 asking for activation after attempt to update from 1804

Windows 10 asking for activation after attempt to update from 1804: Jeepers...trying to attach files, and lost the whole she-bang. Well, here goes again. After an attempt to update W10 pro...everything went as we say in Germany, crooked in the pants...(schief in die Hose) Office Apps stopped working, (error opening, repair option no result)...
  8. Problems with eGPU after update to 1903 from 1804

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with eGPU after update to 1903 from 1804: hey! got problems with my eGPU. before update to 1903 - everything worked fine. now in device manager its said video card installed, but in display properties said "display 1 connected to microsoft basic video driver"... i dont know what to say... i deleted all monitors...
  9. HELP! Unable to start Windows 10, cannot access boot menu or BIOS menu, out of options!

HELP! Unable to start Windows 10, cannot access boot menu or BIOS menu, out of options!: HELP! Can't start Windows 10, cannot access boot menu or BIOS, out of options! I booted up my PC this afternoon, and the computer didn't start up. It normally shows the manufacturer, and goes onto a login menu. Instead of the login, it shows a red window saying: "Secure boot...
  10. I cannot access the settings for the Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    I cannot access the settings for the Start menu: Hello everyone, This is pretty straightforward: I cannot access the settings for the start menu. When I do a right click on the task bar and then click on "properties", I should have a "Start menu" tab in the window. The problem is : I don't have that tab. Also, I don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to access start menu in windows 10

2. cannot access start menu

3. cannot access start menu in windows 2019