Windows 10: Cannot access Store, among other things

Discus and support Cannot access Store, among other things in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have not been able to access the Microsoft Store, or run some of the tiled apps, for several days now. I think it started with the 1909 update. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LuscombeDriver, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Cannot access Store, among other things

I have not been able to access the Microsoft Store, or run some of the tiled apps, for several days now. I think it started with the 1909 update.

I noticed that OneNote, which I use daily, wouldn't sync. I uninstalled it, then went to the Store to reinstall it, but then I found I couldn't open Store. It just timed out, or gave the error message 0x80070426.

I tried uninstalling the 1909 update but that didn't help. Then I reinstalled it and everything is up to date (Version 1909, build 18363.657).

I'm using, and have always used, a Local Account. I tried changing to my Microsoft Account multiple times, but I can't do it. It times out. I tried creating a new account using my Microsoft Account - but the computer hangs when I try to log on.

I have tried all of the solutions I found online, including resetting the Store app, troubleshooting, checking time/date/region, wsreset.exe, using Powershell, etc. I used http://aka.ms/diag_apps10 and clicked "Reset and open Windows Store," but the "resolving problems" window just sits there with the blue bar going left to right forever.

We have 3 other computers in the office, all using Local Accounts, none of which have applied the 1909 update yet. We use local accounts so we can freely share files across the network. I am afraid to update any of those computers because of this problem.

How can I regain access to the Store, and to OneNote?

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Windows 10, version 1909, build 18363.657

:)

LuscombeDriver, Feb 19, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Yaqub K Win User
    window store not working

Hi,

What is the error message you get when you try to access Store ,Camera, Alarm ,Calculator apps?

I suggest you to reset Windows Store cache and check. Follow the steps:

• On the desktop screen, press
      Windows key and R to open run box.

• Type WSReset.exe and hit
      Enter.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 19, 2020
  4. sam02 Win User

Cannot access Store, among other things

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

Cannot access Store, among other things

1. Cannot access Store, among other things - Similar Threads - Cannot access Store

2. Network issues among other things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network issues among other things: I am running Windows 10, 21H2. For starters, I am missing a lot of app icons in the Start Menu. Network and Internet settings crash the moment I try to open them while connected to a network. Speaking of networks, the icon on the bottom right used to show Identifying...,...
  3. Network issues among other things

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issues among other things: I am running Windows 10, 21H2. For starters, I am missing a lot of app icons in the Start Menu. Network and Internet settings crash the moment I try to open them while connected to a network. Speaking of networks, the icon on the bottom right used to show Identifying...,...
  4. Network issues among other things

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Certain things in taskbar among other things don't work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain things in taskbar among other things don't work.: This happened after the new windows update on 4/14/21. Everything was working fine until then. I got the computer at the end of 2019. After the new update there are a number of bugs but the ones that really prevent me are the fact that pressing f4 does not open screen...
  6. Can't log into accounts, among other things

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log into accounts, among other things: Just recently, Ive been having trouble with access to sites. The most serious case is with my online access to my banks checking account. Ive never had a problem in the past, but a couple days ago I logged in and kept getting error messages saying Im entering incorrect...
  7. Can't log into accounts, among other things

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log into accounts, among other things: Just recently, Ive been having trouble with access to sites. The most serious case is with my online access to my banks checking account. Ive never had a problem in the past, but a couple days ago I logged in and kept getting error messages saying Im entering incorrect...
  8. Kernel Check Failure among other things!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Kernel Check Failure among other things!: Hello, Hopefully someone can help! Built the PC about three weeks ago, been working fine, then suddenly, all sorts of problems, such as Page fault in nonpaged area and Kmode exception not handled. After various ideas I decided to remaster it. I made a USB boot drive using...
  9. Lost admin privilages among other things.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost admin privilages among other things.: So i have been having major issues with my PC for a while now. All admin privilages have been lost and my computer fails to do basic things like shut off. I The option to shut the computer down in the menu is not there. It reads "There are no current power options available"....
  10. Store app and verify won't work among other things.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Store app and verify won't work among other things.: HELP! I cannot use my App store, help or verify my account on my computer. Everytime I try - the app store immediately closes, I get a gray box that immediately closes. I switched to a local account, and now I can't go back to my micro soft account because I get the gray...