Windows 10: Cannot access Task Bar - or Device Install Reboot

Discus and support Cannot access Task Bar - or Device Install Reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How do I install the Microsoft Windows Plug and Play Device Install Reboot?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CrumblyTrash153, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Cannot access Task Bar - or Device Install Reboot

How do I install the Microsoft Windows Plug and Play Device Install Reboot?

:)

CrumblyTrash153, Dec 26, 2018

2. Unable to access Start menu, Search bar, notification buttons on Task bar after install the Update KB3139907 on Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for responding.

We are glad to know that you are able to access Search bar and notification center after performing the above troubleshooting steps.

For the issues with Start menu, try the below steps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the below PowerShell command to re-register Start menu and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Right click on the Taskbar and select
      Task Manager
      from the context menu.

• In the Task Manager window, click on
      File
      and on Run new task.

• Type powershell, place a check mark on
      Create this task with administrative privileges
      and click Ok.

• In the administrative Windows PowerShell window, carefully type the below command and hit Enter key from the keyboard.

• Get-appxpackage -all *shellexperience* -packagetype bundle |% {add-appxpackage -register -disabledevelopmentmode ($_.installlocation + “\appxmetadata\appxbundlemanifest.xml”)}
    5. Once the command execution is completed successfully, close the PowerShell window and reboot/ restart the computer.

NOTE: When you are running the PowerShell command, I recommend you to close all the apps on your system and try.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Get help with the Windows 10 Start menu

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Cannot access Task Bar - or Device Install Reboot

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

Cannot access Task Bar - or Device Install Reboot

1. Cannot access Task Bar - or Device Install Reboot - Similar Threads - Cannot access Task

2. Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language: Nothing I do brings up the language bar. I had it working and now it is not.I've tried settings Use the desktop language bar when it is available, everything in "Language bar options" "Input language hot keys", windows settings doesn't work....
  3. Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language: Nothing I do brings up the language bar. I had it working and now it is not.I've tried settings Use the desktop language bar when it is available, everything in "Language bar options" "Input language hot keys", windows settings doesn't work....
  4. Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot Move the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Move the Task Bar: I just received my Alienware M15-R6 loaded with Windows 11 and after a rocky setup where somehow I had to do it twice, I found right away that there is no more feature to move the taskbar. I want it on the side, like I have with ALL my OS desktops, for years. Why would they...
  6. Cannot Move the Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Move the Task Bar: I just received my Alienware M15-R6 loaded with Windows 11 and after a rocky setup where somehow I had to do it twice, I found right away that there is no more feature to move the taskbar. I want it on the side, like I have with ALL my OS desktops, for years. Why would they...
  7. Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language

Cannot see the language bar in the task bar and cannot switch language: My OS is windows 10 Home 19041.572. I've installed all updates, and the recent updates may break the language. The 1st problem is I cannot see the language icon in the task bar anymore, even if the language is on in the taskbar settingsby default it is on and I didn't touch...
  8. Task Bar/Navigation access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Bar/Navigation access: I searched for answers to this question on the forum, and found some answers, but none of them worked for me. So I am posting now hoping someone can provide me some sort of assistance. I have an HP touchscreen laptop I bought last year and I upgraded from Windows 7 to...
  9. cannot access task manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot access task manager: I blocked Recovery through the GPO with “hide: Recovery” because I need to remove access to advanced startup. Everything worked fine but I have found out recently that the task manager is blocked. I am not sure if it is the blocking of Recovery caused this issue or not. But...
  10. cannot access task manager

cannot access task manager: [ATTACH] what i can do about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cannot-access-task-manager/8dd70abb-6365-4199-a7bc-5197f71134a8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not access task bar