Windows 10: Cannot access the hidden folder share on my remote computer

Discus and support Cannot access the hidden folder share on my remote computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, I can't access hidden folders (like: \\ip_remote\c$ or d$) on a remote computer. Even though when the computer asks for a username and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MyTron, Jul 8, 2020.

1. MyTron Win User

Cannot access the hidden folder share on my remote computer

Hello Everyone,
    I can't access hidden folders (like: \\ip_remote\c$ or d$) on a remote computer. Even though when the computer asks for a username and password I have entered it correctly. If I try to make a share folder on the same remote computer. That can be done. I have also tried to turn off the firewall but still cannot. I don't think the problem is in the firewall anymore.Can anyone provide a solution?Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro 2004 (OS Build 19041.329) 64-bit

Cannot access the hidden folder share on my remote computer [​IMG]

:)

MyTron, Jul 8, 2020
  2. MyTron Win User

Hello Everyone,
    I can't access hidden folders (like: \\ip_remote\c$ or d$) on a remote computer. Even though when the computer asks for a username and password I have entered it correctly. If I try to make a share folder on the same remote computer. That can be done. I have also tried to turn off the firewall but still cannot. I don't think the problem is in the firewall anymore.Can anyone provide a solution?Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro 2004 (OS Build 19041.329) 64-bit

MyTron, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Cannot access the hidden folder share on my remote computer

How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing a network folder on Windows 10 • Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot access the hidden folder share on my remote computer - Similar Threads - Cannot access hidden

2. Cannot Access \\Computer\\Shared Network Folders after Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Access \\Computer\\Shared Network Folders after Windows Update.: System is two Windows 10 computers on a network which also has a NAS drive, a printer and other computers, some of which aren’t always connected. Since I did the KB 4023057 update yesterday, the network is not working properly. Let’s call the two Win 10 computers A & B. In...
  3. cannot access a shared file/folder

cannot access a shared file/folder: I am having a problem on my new laptop computer trying to access a shared folder on my desktop computer. Both computers are on a private network along with two other laptop computers. When I start Internet Explorer on the new laptop computer and try to search the network for...
  4. Cannot access default Microsoft Windows hidden shares

Cannot access default Microsoft Windows hidden shares: Hello, Can someone helpme? I have a problem where when I want to access a shared folder from a remote computer like\\ip_remote\c$ it can't. Even though I have entered the username and password correctly. If I access the share folder from a remote computer I create...
  5. Access Share on remote pc

Access Share on remote pc: I tried to access shared folders on remote pc using " PC Name or IP Address " like this " CC-PC\D$ or 192.*.*.*\D$ " on windows 10 as i already do this on windows 7 using remote credentials but it not works it keeps me stuck i can't access shared folders on network i double...
  6. Cannot delete or add pictures to remote shared folder

Cannot delete or add pictures to remote shared folder: Desk has a few dents more right now. Several machines on the LAN. Two machines, both W10 machines. THAT machine has the WHOLE users folder set to be shared because I have need to access items in the user tree from just about all over it, from Desktop to Videos. Works fine for...
  7. No shared folder are accessible from lan or my computer

No shared folder are accessible from lan or my computer: I change my motherboard with windows 10 (1809) and all seem ok, but i find that all my share folder are inaccessible from others computer on my lan and also by me... i read a lot of web pages but not solution found. I problem is show: "The device or resource (xxx) is not...
  8. Computer cannot see the shared folders

Computer cannot see the shared folders: My laptop runs Windows 10---1809 which cannot see the shared folders. I believe this problem has appeared since the last Windows update. I checked the Advanced sharing settings and verified the SMB1 protocol, everything looks ok...
  9. cannot access shared folders on my server but i can use remote desktop

cannot access shared folders on my server but i can use remote desktop: Hi i'm slowly going through various posts which are similar to my above problem but looking for a quick answer. Essentially my problem is this, I have a home server, 3 PC's, 2 TV's and a bluray player which all used to be able to see each other i recently had to reinstall...
  10. Cannot Access Shared Folders On Network (With Pictures)

Cannot Access Shared Folders On Network (With Pictures): Hi all.. Background I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The upgrade was done OTA. While I was using Windows 7 I had no network problems. Network Issue After the upgrade I am no longer able to access my shared folders or even the other shared computers...