Windows 10: Cannot access the internet after completing a system restore

Discus and support Cannot access the internet after completing a system restore in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer was compromised two days ago from an attachment to an email from one of my contacts. After having several issues I completed a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zeroquill, Jun 5, 2020.

1. zeroquill Win User

Cannot access the internet after completing a system restore

My computer was compromised two days ago from an attachment to an email from one of my contacts. After having several issues I completed a system restore that was able to resolve the issues that I was having. However, after completing the system restore, I can no longer access the Internet. I have tried connecting through Wi-Fi and by using an ethernet cable. My computer shows that I am connected either way but when I try to access the Internet through Google Chrome or through Microsoft edge it tells me I cannot connect. I have tried going to several different websites nothing seems to work. My PC is running Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I can do to restore my access to the Internet?

Best,

Zeroquill

:)

zeroquill, Jun 5, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

System restore will not complete

Hi, what exactly do you believe you've done? Clearing the cache should have no consequences, and is sometimes a fault-finding step. How did you do that?

Or do you mean you deleted a folder?

However
    - this suggests something more serious is wrong. Could you post the exact message?

If you don't have a disk image you can restore (we constantly urge users to use disk imaging e.g. Macrium Reflect (free)) then try from an admin command prompt
    SFC /SCANNOW
    which might restore the missing file, depending on what it is.

Post back the result.

If it is successful, try System Restore again.

dalchina, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Failed to complete System Restore

Hello Passegua,

The error code 0x80070005 may indicate a few things that are causing System Restore Failure. It could be corrupted system files, conflict with other programs such as Anti-virus protection, and etc. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest
    that you perform System restore in Safe Mode. Kindly refer to this link for more information and steps.

Another step that I can suggest is Clean Boot, if the above step fails.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot access the internet after completing a system restore - Similar Threads - Cannot access internet

2. How do I get internet access after system restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get internet access after system restore?: Hello! Is someone available to help me troubleshoot? I did a system restore on my ACER, I have Windows 10, it shows the internet is connected but it will not allow me to connect.. tried resetting the Network too. No luck. I have McAfee security....
  3. How do I get internet access after system restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get internet access after system restore?: Hello! Is someone available to help me troubleshoot? I did a system restore on my ACER, I have Windows 10, it shows the internet is connected but it will not allow me to connect.. tried resetting the Network too. No luck. I have McAfee security....
  4. How do I get internet access after system restore?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. System Restore did not complete

System Restore did not complete: error message says it could not access a file. Error 0x80070005. What is that and how do i fix it. Hopefully an automatic fix by Windows 10 itself? Thank You...
  6. System restore is stuck on complete????

System restore is stuck on complete????: So this is odd, I did a system restore, had to do it in safe mode to get this far but after several hours is says “ please wait while your windows files and settings are being restored System Restore is Complete.”… ‘is complete’ makes it sound like ‘please wait’ isn’t not...
  7. System Restore and SIR not completing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore and SIR not completing: At about install 9 with at least 3 including format. Some point after installing office SR fails with message of being unable to extract a file. SRI also fails. On more than one install I've tried doing the recovery boot to use SIR and it will not recognize my password. And...
  8. can not complete system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can not complete system restore: error during directory restoration origin: AppxStaging destination: %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps unspecified error: (0x80070005) I tried several different restore points getting the same error Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.228]...
  9. System restore will not complete

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore will not complete: I screwed up and deleted my DNS cache. Now I'm trying to get it back. It's come down to using system restore which will not complete a restore because, it says, it is not finding a file that it needs. I had this problem once before and ended up just giving up on using system...
  10. System restore will not complete

in Windows 10 Support
    System restore will not complete: I screwed up and deleted my DNS cache. Now I'm trying to get it back. It's come down to using system restore which will not complete a restore because, it says, it is not finding a file that it needs. I had this problem once before and ended up just giving up on using system...