Windows 10: Cannot access the Sound control panel

Discus and support Cannot access the Sound control panel in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How did DISM go? You said you uninstalled everything under audio. Did you reinstall the Realteck driver? Does your mic work now? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DENMON, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Tony K Win User

Cannot access the Sound control panel

How did DISM go?

You said you uninstalled everything under audio. Did you reinstall the Realteck driver? Does your mic work now?

Tony K, Sep 27, 2017
  2. DENMON Win User

The DISM said there was no corruption or anything; how do I reinstall the realtek thing, unplugging and replugging is not doing anything anymore. The sound switched to coming from the headphones to the monitor, and I can't change it, so therefore can't test the mic.

DENMON, Sep 27, 2017
  3. Tony K Win User
    Ugh! I just saw this. I was focused on the post afterwards.

I take it that you reinstalled the Realtek driver then, correct? The one from the Asus site?

Tony K, Sep 27, 2017
  4. DENMON Win User

Asus site? Can you resend the link and I'm saying I haven't been able to reinstall it.

DENMON, Sep 27, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    It's in the post, but I'll post it again.

Another thing is that I don't know your audio wired configuration. Is it plugged into your onboard sound or in your video card?

Tony K, Sep 27, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Sep 27, 2017
  7. DENMON Win User
    I think... video card? It's all plugged into the back of my computer. How can I tell, I'm no tech guy (or I'm just dumb).

DENMON, Sep 27, 2017
  8. Tony K Win User

The onboard sound will have multiple colored RCA female plugs. Your video card will have audio out or similar. Look for you video cables coming out. It's in that area.

Tony K, Sep 27, 2017
  9. DENMON Win User
    It's all different colors so I assume onboard

DENMON, Sep 27, 2017
  10. DENMON Win User
    DENMON, Sep 27, 2017
  11. Tony K Win User
    OK. Yes, that's onboard sound of the MoBo.

And, eh, you're not dumb. We are all ignorant to something until we learn it. Not a single member here will know everything about a computer. And when we do learn an aspect of it, it changes. LOL!

On the MoBo page I linked > Click on "Support" at the top right > Click on "Drivers and tools" > Select the OS (Look on your Advisor page for what you have) > Scroll down to "Audio"

Cannot access the Sound control panel - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums

Tony K, Sep 27, 2017
  12. Tony K Win User
    Ok, again, I have to run out. Hate to leave you like this, but I will check on my phone to see how you're doing. No idea why the sound is coming from the monitor. Is that wired to the onboard audio? Can you reach the Realtek panel now? If so, there's configuration there. Good luck.

Tony K, Sep 27, 2017
  13. DENMON Win User

I found the download center which I assume you were trying to get me to, but where do I put the OS and audio. Sry I'm such a pain omg. I Also have to go right now too.

DENMON, Sep 27, 2017
  14. This is a link to another thread with a similar problem like yours, it might help you also.

Upgrade Killed My Sound ! - Windows 10 Forums

COMPUTIAC Guest, Sep 28, 2017
  15. DENMON Win User
    Well I haven't upgraded recently and I still have sound; The problem is that I can't access the Sound Panel to change my default audio thing.

DENMON, Sep 28, 2017
Thema:

1. Cannot access the Sound control panel - Similar Threads - Cannot access Sound

2. Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds: I am not sure what the game play is between Microsoft, Realtek, and the motherboard manufactures, but I've gotten tired of it. This has been going on for years now and needs to be addressed. To the point that this issue has been reported to the Consumer Affairs Division,...
  3. Sound control panel not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound control panel not opening: So I just noticed that the sound control panel is not opening, I tried right clicking the volume icon on the taskbar, and click sounds. I also tried opening it from the sound settings. Anything I can do?...
  4. I cannot access the NVIDIA control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot access the NVIDIA control panel: I have uninstalled the driver, reinstalled the driver multiple times, updated the driver, downloaded a device driver uninstall/cleanup tool, reinstalled windows and I still cannot access the NVIDIA control panel. I keep getting the message saying "NVIDIA display settings are...
  5. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  6. Sound Control Panel

Sound Control Panel: Ever since the new windows updates, Sound Control Panel , also known in the bottom right (from sounds - speaker) as Playback Devices / Recording Devices, this tab has been taken out and we were given some option not many care about (even if they do, a lot of people never...
  7. Control Panel Sounds

Control Panel Sounds: Device Disconnect makes a sound while computer is in sleep mode. How do I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-sounds/4c65c3d3-48e9-43c9-8531-bb29344b98a1
  8. Cannot open sound settings from control panel

Cannot open sound settings from control panel: Hello, for the longest time I have been unable to open the sound settings in the control panel. My sound works perfectly fine and I can change the speaker and microphone through other methods. I can here sound and my microphone works fine but since windows 10 I am unable to...
  9. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Control Panel: Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right click to show disabled and...
  10. No sound, No Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound, No Control Panel: Installed Win10 and have the following problems. 1) I have no sound; Sound icon on task bars says "No audio Output Device Installed." When I run troubleshooter, it says Troubleshooting couldn't detect the problem. 2) Control Panel: When I click on control panel it...