Windows 10: Cannot access the Sound control panel

Discus and support Cannot access the Sound control panel in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Oh it has the link I am supposed to go to! It actually is useful. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DENMON, Sep 26, 2017.

1. DENMON Win User

Cannot access the Sound control panel

Oh it has the link I am supposed to go to! It actually is useful.

DENMON, Sep 28, 2017
  2. DENMON Win User

Also what should I do about the drive with the *Warning thing, I still can't access its properties

DENMON, Sep 28, 2017
  3. Tony K Win User
    It's by a drive?

Do you get anything like this?

Cannot access the Sound control panel [​IMG]

Tony K, Sep 28, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

This is the direct download link to the driver: MAXIMUS VI HERO Driver+%26+Tools| Motherboards | ASUS USA

When you download, it goes into your Downloads folder. You may just press run when your download window opens or go to your downloads folder and click on the .exe.

It should be version 6.0.1.7899.

Tony K, Sep 28, 2017
  5. DENMON Win User
    Sorry I haven't been able to get on my comp yesterday! But Device Manager is white not red, and I did download the driver. Should I install it?

DENMON, Sep 29, 2017
  6. It makes no difference what color the Device Manager is, the info is what counts.
    Yes, install the driver and report back if it corrects the problem or not.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Sep 29, 2017
  7. DENMON Win User
    Well then the info is pretty much the same, also I am not sure if it installed on its own already as the *Warning from the Audio bus thing is gone, however I still can't access the sound panel

DENMON, Sep 29, 2017
  8. Cannot access the Sound control panel

Please post a pic of the Audio bus you are referring to in Device Manager.
    We need to see exactly where it is.

9. DENMON Win User
    Under "Other Devices"

DENMON, Sep 29, 2017
  10. Please right click it and post a pic of what this says.

11. DENMON Win User
    I have mentioned in an earlier post that I can't get into the properties :\

DENMON, Sep 29, 2017
  12. Have you installed the driver ?
    If you did what was the result I asked for in my post #64 ?

In your post #65, you said you "were not sure if it installed on its own" .
    You must install it yourself.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Sep 30, 2017
  13. DENMON Win User

Sorry for not being on recently, but from my understanding from the internet, I am supposed to go to the driver I downloaded and update it manually, however in post #35 (i think) I uninstalled it which i have never gotten back still. Did I screw up here?

DENMON, Oct 1, 2017
  14. Tony K Win User
    Hi there, DENMAN. I was out of town for a long weekend.

So you haven't manually installed the new driver?

Please click on the down arrow to open the hierarchy of "Audio inputs and outputs" and post a screenshot.

You say you can't get to properties of the Audio bus?

Tony K, Oct 1, 2017
  15. DENMON Win User

I noticed that re plugging the headphones didn't actually bring the driver back. And I have noticed I can't access properties anywhere.

Where did everything go wrong?

DENMON, Oct 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Cannot access the Sound control panel - Similar Threads - Cannot access Sound

2. Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds: I am not sure what the game play is between Microsoft, Realtek, and the motherboard manufactures, but I've gotten tired of it. This has been going on for years now and needs to be addressed. To the point that this issue has been reported to the Consumer Affairs Division,...
  3. Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds: I am not sure what the game play is between Microsoft, Realtek, and the motherboard manufactures, but I've gotten tired of it. This has been going on for years now and needs to be addressed. To the point that this issue has been reported to the Consumer Affairs Division,...
  4. I cannot access the NVIDIA control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot access the NVIDIA control panel: I have uninstalled the driver, reinstalled the driver multiple times, updated the driver, downloaded a device driver uninstall/cleanup tool, reinstalled windows and I still cannot access the NVIDIA control panel. I keep getting the message saying "NVIDIA display settings are...
  5. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  6. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Control Panel: Ever since the new windows updates, Sound Control Panel , also known in the bottom right (from sounds - speaker) as Playback Devices / Recording Devices, this tab has been taken out and we were given some option not many care about (even if they do, a lot of people never...
  7. Control Panel Sounds

Control Panel Sounds: Device Disconnect makes a sound while computer is in sleep mode. How do I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-sounds/4c65c3d3-48e9-43c9-8531-bb29344b98a1
  8. Cannot open sound settings from control panel

Cannot open sound settings from control panel: Hello, for the longest time I have been unable to open the sound settings in the control panel. My sound works perfectly fine and I can change the speaker and microphone through other methods. I can here sound and my microphone works fine but since windows 10 I am unable to...
  9. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Control Panel: Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right click to show disabled and...
  10. No sound, No Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound, No Control Panel: Installed Win10 and have the following problems. 1) I have no sound; Sound icon on task bars says "No audio Output Device Installed." When I run troubleshooter, it says Troubleshooting couldn't detect the problem. 2) Control Panel: When I click on control panel it...