Windows 10: Cannot access the Sound control panel

Discus and support Cannot access the Sound control panel in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok. We need to back way up. If you uninstalled the audio drivers (which BTW no one told you to yet) it looks like Windows update may have installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DENMON, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Tony K Win User

Cannot access the Sound control panel

Ok. We need to back way up. If you uninstalled the audio drivers (which BTW no one told you to yet) it looks like Windows update may have installed generic drivers for your onboard sound circuit or sound card after you did. Look in your Belarc Advisor page > Does it have a sound card installed?

Here: Cannot access the Sound control panel - Windows 10 Forums you said you have a gaming headset (Realtek High Definition Audio). I was assuming you have Realtek for all your sound devices. That may not be the case.

The headphones themselves may have their own drivers, which was driven by a Realtek driver. Does this look familiar? XSplit - Live Streaming Recording Software for Games

We need to know if there's a sound card installed vs onboard sound. Onboard meaning it is part of the MoBo.

Are the headphones plugged in? if not, plug them in and run Belarc Advisor again.

Tony K, Oct 1, 2017
  2. Tony K Win User

I'm thinking that VX2457 audio device is a sound card. Not sure.

It's your monitor. Viewsonic VX2457-mhd 24 inch, Entertainment Gaming Monitor

We also need to know how everything is wired.

Edit #2:

Are you speakers hooked up to your monitor output? Headphones?

Tony K, Oct 1, 2017
  3. DENMON Win User
    It is connected to the computer not the monitor

DENMON, Oct 2, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Sorry. It's been awhile. Trying to read back and remember all that's been going on here. Yes, we already deciphered that you have onboard graphics and your sound system is plugged in there. How many leads go to that?.

Do you have a program called XSplit Broadcaster installed by any chance?

Where do you plug in your headphones?

Tony K, Oct 2, 2017
  5. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Oct 2, 2017
  6. DENMON Win User
    1) 2
    2) Haven't heard of it so probably not, unless its something I should look for in the device manager
    3) Back of the computer with the onboard sound thing

DENMON, Oct 2, 2017
  7. Tony K Win User
    Open the Settings app (hold WinKey then press I) > Choose "Apps" > Scroll down to S > Is it there?

Tony K, Oct 2, 2017
  8. Tony K Win User

Never mind. It's a internet game broadcaster. Sounds like you never used it.

What did you uninstall and under what category in Device Manager?

Tony K, Oct 2, 2017
  9. DENMON Win User
    I have XSplit Gamecaster

DENMON, Oct 2, 2017
  10. Tony K Win User
    Please see previous post on that.

Can you right click on "AMD High Definition Audio Device" to get properties?

Tony K, Oct 2, 2017
  11. DENMON Win User
    I uninstalled my headphones (Under Audio inputs and outputs. There was two thing both that had Realtek high def audio), mic (Under Audio inputs and outputs, and some realtek driver, forgot its title (under sound video and game controllers)

DENMON, Oct 2, 2017
  12. Tony K Win User
    Ok, so you haven't installed the Realtek driver that I linked on the Asus site. Please install it. That will give you the Realtek control panel. Hopefully you'll be able to open it from your systray this time.

Tony K, Oct 2, 2017
  13. DENMON Win User

Can you give me step by step instructions, I can't seem to find one on the internet that doesn't involve manually updating it

DENMON, Oct 2, 2017
  14. Tony K Win User
    Here's for your MAXIMS VI > Assuming you have 64 bit (Look on your Belarc page) Make sure the correct one is chosen > MAXIMUS VI HERO Driver+%26+Tools| Motherboards | ASUS USA

Download the audio driver under Audio there.

After it's finished downloading, go to your Downloads folder in File Explorer (WinKey/E) > Right click on the zip file > Choose "Etract all".

Cannot access the Sound control panel [​IMG]

When you do, this appears > Click on "Extract" and a new page will open.

Click on the AsusSetup.exe > If the UAC (User Account Control) asks you to allow, click yes > Follow instructions.

Tony K, Oct 2, 2017
  15. DENMON Win User
    I got to the AsusSetup but when I pressed yes nothing happened. It said that the driver was installing for like a brief second but no instructions, or was is supposed to be like that. Nothing in the device manager changed. I found the setup under the ACPIPatch folder if that means anything

DENMON, Oct 2, 2017
Thema:

1. Cannot access the Sound control panel - Similar Threads - Cannot access Sound

2. Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds: I am not sure what the game play is between Microsoft, Realtek, and the motherboard manufactures, but I've gotten tired of it. This has been going on for years now and needs to be addressed. To the point that this issue has been reported to the Consumer Affairs Division,...
  3. Sound control panel not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound control panel not opening: So I just noticed that the sound control panel is not opening, I tried right clicking the volume icon on the taskbar, and click sounds. I also tried opening it from the sound settings. Anything I can do?...
  4. I cannot access the NVIDIA control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot access the NVIDIA control panel: I have uninstalled the driver, reinstalled the driver multiple times, updated the driver, downloaded a device driver uninstall/cleanup tool, reinstalled windows and I still cannot access the NVIDIA control panel. I keep getting the message saying "NVIDIA display settings are...
  5. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  6. Sound Control Panel

Sound Control Panel: Ever since the new windows updates, Sound Control Panel , also known in the bottom right (from sounds - speaker) as Playback Devices / Recording Devices, this tab has been taken out and we were given some option not many care about (even if they do, a lot of people never...
  7. Control Panel Sounds

Control Panel Sounds: Device Disconnect makes a sound while computer is in sleep mode. How do I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-sounds/4c65c3d3-48e9-43c9-8531-bb29344b98a1
  8. Cannot open sound settings from control panel

Cannot open sound settings from control panel: Hello, for the longest time I have been unable to open the sound settings in the control panel. My sound works perfectly fine and I can change the speaker and microphone through other methods. I can here sound and my microphone works fine but since windows 10 I am unable to...
  9. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Control Panel: Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right click to show disabled and...
  10. No sound, No Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound, No Control Panel: Installed Win10 and have the following problems. 1) I have no sound; Sound icon on task bars says "No audio Output Device Installed." When I run troubleshooter, it says Troubleshooting couldn't detect the problem. 2) Control Panel: When I click on control panel it...