Windows 10: Cannot access the Sound control panel

Discus and support Cannot access the Sound control panel in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; No, there wouldn't be instructions since it's an inf (driver) file. What setup? What do you get right clicking the sound icon in the systray? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DENMON, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Tony K Win User

Cannot access the Sound control panel

No, there wouldn't be instructions since it's an inf (driver) file.

What setup?

What do you get right clicking the sound icon in the systray?

Tony K, Oct 2, 2017
  2. DENMON Win User

AsusSetup; I still can't access the sound panel from there

DENMON, Oct 2, 2017
  3. Tony K Win User
    Right click the sound icon and choose "Troubleshoot sound problems".

Tony K, Oct 2, 2017
  4. DENMON Win User

It said I should disable enhancements but I wasn't able to open anything, nothing happened when I clicked the button it wanted me to do. Then it tried to reinstall a driver and test if i can hear anything but I never heard anything, so I have the problem "Generic Audio Driver" and it is not fixed

DENMON, Oct 2, 2017
  5. Here is a link on how to do a Refresh of Windows 10.
    This should correct the problems you have.

It will also install the best drivers MS can determine for the hardware found.
    Which means you will not have to search for or install any drivers yourself.

I suggest you do the Option 2.

Refresh Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

When you get to step 7, choose "Keep My Files"
    It will do this to your PC .

• This is to refresh Windows 10.
    • Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.
    • Removes apps and drivers you installed.
    • Removes changes you made to settings.
    • Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

COMPUTIAC Guest, Oct 2, 2017
  6. DENMON Win User
    Now the volume is connected to the speakers which don't even work properly so I lost my sound now

DENMON, Oct 2, 2017
  7. DENMON Win User
    Oops didn't see the windows refresh thing, I'll start that now

DENMON, Oct 2, 2017
  8. DENMON Win User

The reset couldn't finish and no changes were made ):

DENMON, Oct 3, 2017
  9. Did it give any message or error code ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Oct 3, 2017
  10. DENMON Win User
    You it had a message when it failed, and that is pretty much what it said.

DENMON, Oct 3, 2017
  11. Go to Start > scroll down to Windows Admin. Tools > Right click on Disk Cleanup > Click on more >
    Click on Run as Admin.

It will take a bit, when it opens, check all the box's on the left, you may have to scroll down some
    to see all of them.

Click OK.

Cannot access the Sound control panel [​IMG]

Then Delete, this might take a couple of minutes to finish but it should give you more room
    on your C: drive.

Cannot access the Sound control panel [​IMG]

When you are done with this Run Refresh again, if it fails, post the message or error code.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Oct 3, 2017
  12. Please Right click on Start > Run > type in winver > click OK > post a pic of what it shows.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot access the Sound control panel - Similar Threads - Cannot access Sound

2. Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds: I am not sure what the game play is between Microsoft, Realtek, and the motherboard manufactures, but I've gotten tired of it. This has been going on for years now and needs to be addressed. To the point that this issue has been reported to the Consumer Affairs Division,...
  3. Sound control panel not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound control panel not opening: So I just noticed that the sound control panel is not opening, I tried right clicking the volume icon on the taskbar, and click sounds. I also tried opening it from the sound settings. Anything I can do?...
  4. I cannot access the NVIDIA control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot access the NVIDIA control panel: I have uninstalled the driver, reinstalled the driver multiple times, updated the driver, downloaded a device driver uninstall/cleanup tool, reinstalled windows and I still cannot access the NVIDIA control panel. I keep getting the message saying "NVIDIA display settings are...
  5. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  6. Sound Control Panel

Sound Control Panel: Ever since the new windows updates, Sound Control Panel , also known in the bottom right (from sounds - speaker) as Playback Devices / Recording Devices, this tab has been taken out and we were given some option not many care about (even if they do, a lot of people never...
  7. Control Panel Sounds

Control Panel Sounds: Device Disconnect makes a sound while computer is in sleep mode. How do I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-sounds/4c65c3d3-48e9-43c9-8531-bb29344b98a1
  8. Cannot open sound settings from control panel

Cannot open sound settings from control panel: Hello, for the longest time I have been unable to open the sound settings in the control panel. My sound works perfectly fine and I can change the speaker and microphone through other methods. I can here sound and my microphone works fine but since windows 10 I am unable to...
  9. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Control Panel: Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right click to show disabled and...
  10. No sound, No Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound, No Control Panel: Installed Win10 and have the following problems. 1) I have no sound; Sound icon on task bars says "No audio Output Device Installed." When I run troubleshooter, it says Troubleshooting couldn't detect the problem. 2) Control Panel: When I click on control panel it...