Windows 10: cannot access the USB

Discus and support cannot access the USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I receive the message -you don’t currently have permission to access this folder- when I try to access the USB. I was recommended to open the security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kellner Celine, Nov 6, 2018.

1. cannot access the USB

I receive the message -you don’t currently have permission to access this folder- when I try to access the USB. I was recommended to open the security tab on this USB but I cannot find any security tab there.

:)

Kellner Celine, Nov 6, 2018
  2. maglite Win User

Usb devices not accessible

I do not know which button I punched but my USB's are not accessible. Ex: G:\not accessible access is denied
    All suggestions greatly appreciated.

*cry

maglite, Nov 6, 2018
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Ben Myers Win User

cannot access the USB

Usb devices not accessible

Try the USB device on a different computer.

Ben

Ben Myers, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

cannot access the USB

1. cannot access the USB - Similar Threads - cannot access USB

2. Accessing USB's.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accessing USB's.: How do I access an external hard drive (in USB), also a flash drive in another USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-usbs/67ae9476-edb4-4b2e-8da4-da1a99462eb1
  3. Cannot access files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access files: For some reason I cannot access files since updating Office. When I try I get a standard message advising that I don't have permission to access the file. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-files/6cda0a33-597c-42dc-a894-b4c91f74cca8"
  4. Cannot Access Files on my USB Drive or any external devices.

Cannot Access Files on my USB Drive or any external devices.: I am trying to open files on an external USB drive and I keep getting the message: 'You don't currently have permission to access this file.' You are supposed to click continue to permanently get access but then I get a message: 'Yu have been denied permission to...
  5. Cannot Access USB folder through cmd because of the credentials

Cannot Access USB folder through cmd because of the credentials: Hi All, Today i pluged my USB flash drive to my router and enabled media/file sharing on my router's USB settings. When i enter my gateway directory through cmd (win+r > \\192.168.1.1) it asked me for the credentials of my router and i entered. (admin / xxxxx) It was...
  6. Cannot access youtube

Cannot access youtube: This question might be very boring, but i need help. Last night Im still can access youtube from any browser, chrome and egde. But after turn on my laptop this morning I cant access youtube. It said This site can’t be reached www.youtube.com took too long to respond....
  7. Cannot access UAC

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot access UAC: I was Admin but changed to Standard user. UAC had been off but I switched it to 'recommended', wish I hadn't cos now I cannot elevate anything. Cannot even access UAC to switch it off. Cannot access elevate cmd prompt. Nada. Has anyone knowledge of how to get back to...
  8. Usb devices not accessible

Usb devices not accessible: It sounds like you may have set permissions wrong try taking ownership of the folders with our tutor Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
  9. Cannot boot from USB or DVD and cannot access UEFI

Cannot boot from USB or DVD and cannot access UEFI: HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX. Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.540) I've already posted about the usb part Will Win 10 pc boot from usb? - Windows 10 Forums but I'd like to expand the scope. In brief, no combination of key presses at bootup will...
  10. Cannot access internet

Cannot access internet: Just bought a new computer and after I set it up, everything indicates that I am connected to the internet. Yet when I try to access it I can't get on. Verizon DSL 81917