Windows 10: cannot access the USB

Discus and support cannot access the USB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I receive the message -you don’t currently have permission to access this folder- when I try to access the USB. I was recommended to open the security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kellner Celine, Nov 6, 2018.

1. cannot access the USB

I receive the message -you don’t currently have permission to access this folder- when I try to access the USB. I was recommended to open the security tab on this USB but I cannot find any security tab there.

:)

Kellner Celine, Nov 6, 2018
  2. maglite Win User

Usb devices not accessible

I do not know which button I punched but my USB's are not accessible. Ex: G:\not accessible access is denied
    All suggestions greatly appreciated.

*cry

maglite, Nov 6, 2018
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Ben Myers Win User

cannot access the USB

Usb devices not accessible

Try the USB device on a different computer.

Ben

Ben Myers, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

cannot access the USB

1. cannot access the USB - Similar Threads - cannot access USB

2. Cannot restore access to USB Ports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot restore access to USB Ports: I had an issue where a usb port for my house wasn’t being registered, so I followed troubleshooting steps and removed the drivers. However this lost me access to both mouse and keyboard so I restarted computer. Now I cannot access my keyboard or mouse when logging in to my...
  3. Cannot restore access to USB Ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot restore access to USB Ports: I had an issue where a usb port for my house wasn’t being registered, so I followed troubleshooting steps and removed the drivers. However this lost me access to both mouse and keyboard so I restarted computer. Now I cannot access my keyboard or mouse when logging in to my...
  4. Cannot restore access to USB Ports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot access the USB drive, its corrupted or something.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot access the USB drive, its corrupted or something.: Im not able to access my USB drive data because it wont open. The USB icon on the Windows Explorer is greyed out and when I try to access it, it gives me the following error:When I go into Disk Management, the USB disk shows up with the 'No media' error. The only option is to...
  6. I cannot access my USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cannot access my USB: When I go to the security tab in the properties of the USB, I click on Everyone but I am not able to edit its permissions e.g. Full control and modify I cannot fix this problem, pls help.I also have the new windows....
  7. Cannot Access USB Storage on ASUS Router

Cannot Access USB Storage on ASUS Router: I have a router, serving as an access point. It is an ASUS RT-AC87U. Connected to it via USB 3.0 is a 5TB portable drive. My initial setup with this allowing anonymous logins worked just fine. I've so far disabled Anonymous Logins for both FTP and Media Share. The FTP side of...
  8. Cannot access USB drive

Cannot access USB drive: Hi Microsoft Community, I have a USB and I used it to store some important data there. After a few days, it was inaccessible and showed the following below regardless of what computer I used (including different OSses)[ATTACH][ATTACH] PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ANSWERING....
  9. Cannot access any files on external USB backups

Cannot access any files on external USB backups: Hi, I have a small network with Server 2019 and 3 Windows 10 PCs. The server had backups of all the data from the Windows 10 PCs. The mainboard on the server failed so the data on the RAID 1 array is not available. I have 2 backups of all the data from the server on to 2...
  10. Cannot boot from USB or DVD and cannot access UEFI

Cannot boot from USB or DVD and cannot access UEFI: HP HP Pavilion Desktop PC 570-pOXX. Windows 10 Home (X64) Version 1703 (build 15063.540) I've already posted about the usb part Will Win 10 pc boot from usb? - Windows 10 Forums but I'd like to expand the scope. In brief, no combination of key presses at bootup will...