Windows 10: Cannot access the web interface of local devices

Discus and support Cannot access the web interface of local devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I have an interesting issue which I hope I can get help with. I'm running Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.535. When my network profile is set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by boydfields, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Cannot access the web interface of local devices

Hello all,

I have an interesting issue which I hope I can get help with.

I'm running Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.535.

When my network profile is set to 'Private' I am unable to access the web interface of any of my local devices such as my router or NAS but I can ping them and access file shares. Public websites such as Google load without any issues. It only affects local devices.

What's interesting is if I change my network profile to 'Public' then all the issues are resolved. I can get access to all local devices and public websites. This puzzles me as 'Public' should be more restrictive than 'Private'.

I've tried various netsh and winsock reset commands and performed network and firewall resets.

The issue remains even if I turn off the firewall.

When switching from Private to Public, something else must be happening besides changing firewall rules. I'm leaning towards a routing issue where local requests are being sent to the wrong gateway or interface.

I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Many thanks
    Boyd

:)

boydfields, Jan 10, 2020

2. Unable to access Local Disks (CCannot access the web interface of local devices :), (DCannot access the web interface of local devices :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Can't login to my windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to login to Microsoft account or local account?

• If its Microsoft account are you able to login using the web interface?
    I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and check if issue persists.

Please get back to us with the results of the above instructions.

Giridhar J, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Cannot access the web interface of local devices

Remote access to my (local) server's folders

I am running a simple local fileserver. Windows based.

I would like to access (load, save, modify) what's on this server when I am away on business trips. Laptop -- internet -- router - server

What is the best way to do this? Setup WebDAV or ftp-server or something else? I would prefer direct access, ie. being able to load/save from an application rather than using ftp as a separate step.

Completely Bonkers, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Cannot access the web interface of local devices

1. Cannot access the web interface of local devices - Similar Threads - Cannot access web

2. Connected to internet and can surf the web, but cant access any local devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected to internet and can surf the web, but cant access any local devices: Hi everyone.I have a weird issue that has me stumped.I have a brand new windows 11 laptop, When connected to my Wifi I can browse the web as per normal BUT here comes the problem, I cant access any of my local devices. I cant ping the default gateway or browse to it via my...
  3. Connected to internet and can surf the web, but cant access any local devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected to internet and can surf the web, but cant access any local devices: Hi everyone.I have a weird issue that has me stumped.I have a brand new windows 11 laptop, When connected to my Wifi I can browse the web as per normal BUT here comes the problem, I cant access any of my local devices. I cant ping the default gateway or browse to it via my...
  4. Web interface to manage Active Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web interface to manage Active Directory: Does microsoft provides any web interface to manage Active Directory ? i am running Windows 2016 AD and would like to manage it remotely through web interface.Can you point me into the right directiion please?FG...
  5. Web interface to manage Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web interface to manage Active Directory: Does microsoft provides any web interface to manage Active Directory ? i am running Windows 2016 AD and would like to manage it remotely through web interface.Can you point me into the right directiion please?FG...
  6. Creation of user that cannot access web pages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Creation of user that cannot access web pages: I would like to create a user in my windows 10 Home 64 bit, that will not have access to certain pages. For example I would like to create a non-admin user that would not be able to access the youtube but is allowed to access other pages. How can I do that?...
  7. Cannot load web pages on local area network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot load web pages on local area network: I am encountering an annoying problem after updating to Windows 10 2004. I cannot access any web pages on my local network, e.g. router web page. [ATTACH] Description - Access to any web pages on my local area network is blocked, e.g. 192.168.1.1 - Access to my...
  8. cannot access web site

cannot access web site: When I try to access my bank, I am given this message: sua/devicetag/error? This began to happen after I had cleared history and cache. It only happens with firefox. There is no problem with chrome. Is there a solution?...
  9. Cannot access local device via any browser

Cannot access local device via any browser: I have multiple computers on my local home business workgroup. One machine is blocked from accessing any local devices like my NAS, router or printers via name or ip address. I have tried many solution including the latest of reinstalling windows. I can successfully ping or...
  10. Web Interface

in Browsers and Email
    Web Interface: Need Internet Explorer 11.103.10586.0 for work. I have higher version. Solved with compatibility view. 54735