Windows 10: Cannot access the WindowsApps folder

Discus and support Cannot access the WindowsApps folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to open the WindowsApps (win 10, 2004) folder but am denied. I go through the various windows (security tab, etc.) but no dice. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by esebm, Jul 7, 2020.

1. esebm Win User

Cannot access the WindowsApps folder

Hi, I am trying to open the WindowsApps (win 10, 2004) folder but am denied. I go through the various windows (security tab, etc.) but no dice.
    Can someone help?
    Thanks

:)

esebm, Jul 7, 2020

2. windowsapp folder access in windows 10

I am trying to list the windowsapp folder to give access to a program stored there so that it will be the default program for the .vob extension

JMiller1958, Jul 7, 2020
  3. B_887 Win User
    Unable to access WindowsApps folder

I have the same issue accessing the WindowsApps folder.

I am running an admin account. Via the content menu I can change the ownership, but cannot save the change. I cannot change access permission, which I (as an admin) is set to have (read and execute from folder and "Full" inherited from drive)

Via the command prompt (CMD in admin mode) I am able to take ownership of the folder (using takeown). This is acknowledged in the content menu, but does not allow me to change the permissions there. I have also tried changing my user account access rights
    in CMD (using CALCS). This yields an access denied response.

I can open the drive in the CMD, but gets the message "Volume in drive <Drive letter> has no label".

The meta data from the folder indicates that it was made at the same time as KB3124200 was installed on my system if that helps.

It should also be noted that this is not the WindowsApps associated with

%ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps

But rather a separate folder in the root of one of my other drives

B_887, Jul 7, 2020
  4. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot access the WindowsApps folder - Similar Threads - Cannot access WindowsApps

2. Get access to a app folder in the windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get access to a app folder in the windowsapps folder: I would like to install mods using the curseforge app for Minecraft Dungeons but the launch button doesn't work and I know how to fix it but I can't modify anything in the Minecraft Dungeons folder and I already have access to the windowsapps folder...
  3. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing the WindowsApp folder: As the title states, I am trying to access the WindowsApp folder. However none of what I've found online has helped me acess it. I've tried changing owners, but I have failed. My PC is an HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Thanks for all of the help!...
  4. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing the WindowsApp folder: As the title states, I am trying to access the WindowsApp folder. However none of what I've found online has helped me acess it. I've tried changing owners, but I have failed. My PC is an HP Laptop with Windows 10 installed. Thanks for all of the help!...
  5. Accessing the WindowsApp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Cannot Delete folder in windowsapps

Cannot Delete folder in windowsapps: I'm trying to delete "C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HEVCVideoExtension_1.0.32762.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe". I have Full control under security, also checked advanced and it states Full control there. However when I try to delete any folder in windowsapps I get the...
  7. Can't Access WindowsApps Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Access WindowsApps Folder: [ATTACH] I'm trying to access this folder but it keeps giving me this message: https://preview.redd.it/hy5suprzyd561.jpg?width=1921&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=c9ef85f9dd131e1ddbfd0f012f1c5692795c202b I click Continue and the following window comes up:...
  8. Folder access denied windowsapps

Folder access denied windowsapps: I’m trying to add a file into a folder in my windowsapps folder however I just keep getting “Destination Folder Access Denied” I’m the admin I have ownership and full control submitted by /u/itsdopeyvp [link] [comments]...
  9. Folder access denied windowsapps

Folder access denied windowsapps: I’m trying to add a file into a folder in my windowsapps folder however I just keep getting “Destination Folder Access Denied” I’m the admin I have ownership and full control submitted by /u/itsdopeyvp [link] [comments]...
  10. Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder

Cannot access or delete old WindowsApps folder: Hi, So a few months ago I had a problem with an Insiders update so I had to reset my computer C: drive only. Prior to re-setting my computer, I had some official apps installed from Xbox Beta and Microsoft Store on the D: drive which is on a different hard drive than my...