Windows 10: Cannot access This PC and Onedrive in Office 2016 programs

Discus and support Cannot access This PC and Onedrive in Office 2016 programs in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; They are stuck on "Loading..." and do nothing at all. Resetting the programs or the computer has no effect. I can open and edit files through... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by eddman, Mar 15, 2017.

1. eddman Win User

Cannot access This PC and Onedrive in Office 2016 programs

They are stuck on "Loading..." and do nothing at all. Resetting the programs or the computer has no effect.

I can open and edit files through windows explorer or the "Browse" button in office but cannot access the abovementioned.

Cannot access This PC and Onedrive in Office 2016 programs [​IMG]

Cannot access This PC and Onedrive in Office 2016 programs [​IMG]

:)

eddman, Mar 15, 2017

2. Batch file command returns error

Here is the code and error

IF NOT EXIST C:\Users\Visitor\OneDrive\Documents\Office 2016\Excell 2016\Expense Manager. (

echo C:\Users\Visitor\OneDrive\Documents\Office 2016\Excell 2016\Expense Manager

goto :Return

)

:Return

pause

cls

exit

The error code returned is: The system cannot find the path specified

I hard coded this code rather than use %USERPROFILE% and still got the error code so it didn't matter what I used.

When I used the variable and echoed it to the screen it showed exactly what it should so it was parsed correctly into

c:\Users\Visitor\OneDrive\Documents\Office 2016\Excell 2016\Expense Manager

What gives?

JMiller1958, Mar 15, 2017
  3. DavidAA60 Win User
    windows phone 8.1 has stopped accessing office docs held on OneDrive.

cannot open word excel or OneNote files held on OneDrive. Can open pdf.

says I do not have authority to access and suggested I contacted the owner of files -me.

have checked for update for phone on 8.1, OneDrive and office.

have also reset OneDrive and office on the phone.

as can access pdf my password, user name must be ok.

appears access to office does not accept login via OneDrive.

have there been any changes to OneDrive or office for windows phone 8.1, in last week, which are causing the problem.OneDrive log 30099815009 cannot help.

OneDrive

DavidAA60, Mar 15, 2017
  4. eddman Win User

Ok, never mind. Apparently MS messed up excel and word with the previous updates. I installed the latest two office updates and that fixed the issue.

These two: KB3178673 and KB3178674.

eddman, Mar 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Cannot access This PC and Onedrive in Office 2016 programs - Similar Threads - Cannot access Onedrive

2. Office 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2016: I have Office 2016 and want to dictate to text in word, But am unable to turn it on through the File/options/general pathway, however there is no Office intelligent services listed under General for me to turn it on. So does my Office 2016 bundle include the necessary word...
  3. Office Programs cannot access network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Office Programs cannot access network drive: I have a pc with a mapped network drive. Office programs will not access the drive directly. If I use excel to open an excel file on the network, I get a permissions error. However, if I browse to the drive with windows explorer, I can double click the file and it opens....
  4. OFFICE 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OFFICE 2016: RESPECTED SIR/ MA'AM I WANT TO ASK A QUESTION THAT IS MICROSOFT OFFICE 2016 STILL AVAILABLE TO BE DOWNLOADED FOR FREE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/93c5c231-94de-44e9-a78b-35e78eed65ae
  5. Cannot login to OneDrive on PC or online at Office 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot login to OneDrive on PC or online at Office 365: I cannot login to OneDrive on both online site and on PC. Get message "Sorry, there is a problem with the OneDrive servers" Error Code 0x8004def5 What is problem?...
  6. Office 2016

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Office 2016: I had pruchased from Office Depot a license for Office 2016. My computer crashed and I had to reinstall and can't find my license number. Is there any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-2016/6dfb2c1e-e29d-49c8-95a4-d58bc2809253"
  7. Installing office 365 (office 2016) and onedrive, PC username replaced

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Installing office 365 (office 2016) and onedrive, PC username replaced: Hi, Before installing Office 365 (office 2016) and onedrive, my username to logon to my laptop, was "AJ ANNING" and a specific pAasswAord. Now my username does not show up at logon. "JAMES ANNING" is what shows up, and the username is now my email "xxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com" and...
  8. Office 2016 - Uninstall Individual Programs?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2016 - Uninstall Individual Programs?: I've just replaced Office 2010 with Office 2016. Office 2010 had an option to selectively install individual Office components but I can't find a way of doing this in Office 2016. Has anyone found a way of selectively configuring Office 2016 to remove some of the bloatware I...
  9. Remove Onedrive -Personal from Office 2016?

Remove Onedrive -Personal from Office 2016?: Does anyone know how to remove it as a save place or at least as the default save as place? I lose track of more files that way. When in a hurry I think I am saving to documents and I end up saving to onedrive. I have removed it from file explorer but can't figure out how to...
  10. cannot see microsoft office 2016

cannot see microsoft office 2016: hello i have installed microsoft office 2016 but i cannot find it anywhere,i have gone to all apps and i have typed in word but no luck and when i go to the store it says i have already got the latest version,any ideas please? thank you. 84172