Windows 10: Cannot access to FriendlyName via DirectShow PropertyBag in AVStream WDK

Discus and support Cannot access to FriendlyName via DirectShow PropertyBag in AVStream WDK in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I'm developing a virtual camera based on AVStream Camera Sample Driver example from Microsoft available to download at the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andeb91, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Andeb91 Win User

Cannot access to FriendlyName via DirectShow PropertyBag in AVStream WDK

Hi everyone.

I'm developing a virtual camera based on AVStream Camera Sample Driver example from Microsoft available to download at the following link:

https://github.com/microsoft/Windows-driver-samples/tree/master/avstream/avscamera

After installing it, I try to read FriendlyName via DirectShow IPropertyBag IPropertyBag::Read"FriendlyName" but this return an error code 0x80070002 ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND. In the inf file of the Kernel Driver I set the Friendly Name of the interface.

Can someone help me to set in the Kernel Driver the Friendly Name in the correct mode to can read it vis IPropertyBag?

:)

Andeb91, Aug 3, 2020
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Aug 3, 2020
  3. groston Win User
    Cannot access Win10 machine via local network

I am 'birthing' my first Win10 machine, OS V1809, and must have goofed something up...

All machines in my home belong to the same Workgroup and the users/passwords are consistent across all machines. From my Win7 desktop, I:
    • Can access my Win10 machine, via Explorer, using its IP address
    • Can ping the Win10 machine using both its name and IP address
    • Cannot access the Win10 machine, via Explorer, using its name

From the Win10 machine, I can see all other computers on the network and access all of them.

I do not believe that this is a firewall issue as the issue persists when the firewall is disabled. I do believe that network and file sharing is enabled (but, I could be wrong). The issue exists with both the Ethernet and WiFi connections, so it is probably not interface-specific.

Please suggest what I can do to resolve this issue. Thx.

groston, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Cannot access to FriendlyName via DirectShow PropertyBag in AVStream WDK

Cannot Access Programs via Windows Button

I cannot access ANY PROGRAMS other than those that are on the taskbar. And I cannot access SETTINGS.

I tried to follow the steps that you listed but I can't get to even the command prompt!

Help!

A Semi Luddite, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Cannot access to FriendlyName via DirectShow PropertyBag in AVStream WDK

1. Cannot access to FriendlyName via DirectShow PropertyBag in AVStream WDK - Similar Threads - Cannot access FriendlyName

2. Windows 10 DirectShow "drivers"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 DirectShow "drivers": Hi! I have made a virtual webcam driver with DirectShow for my application, where it is better to place dll to make it accessible for Chrome, Zoom and etc.? Do folders Windows/SysWOW64/drivers for 64 bit version and Windows/System32/drivers suit for this kind of drivers?...
  3. Cannot access yahoo mail via Outlook 2010

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot access yahoo mail via Outlook 2010: Windows 10 Pro 1909, Outlook 2010, Yahoo full featured mail, no account key or 2-step verification enabled I have several yahoo mail (full featured) accounts and I have never been able to access them through Outlook 2010. No problems with web access thru any browser. Here...
  4. Cannot access Win10 machine via local network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access Win10 machine via local network: I am 'birthing' my first Win10 machine, OS V1809, and must have goofed something up... All machines in my home belong to the same Workgroup and the users/passwords are consistent across all machines. From my Win7 desktop, I: Can access my Win10 machine, via Explorer, using...
  5. Cannot access internet via Wifi

Cannot access internet via Wifi: Split from this thread. An automatic Microsoft update to Windows 10 disabled my WiFi switch so all WiFi on my lap top does not work. I could connect to the internet using a hard wire. Microsoft Tech Support (Windows) is in the process of trying to fix this but with no...
  6. Cannot access local device via any browser

Cannot access local device via any browser: I have multiple computers on my local home business workgroup. One machine is blocked from accessing any local devices like my NAS, router or printers via name or ip address. I have tried many solution including the latest of reinstalling windows. I can successfully ping or...
  7. Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI: I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed...
  8. Cannot access SMB shares via Windows VPN

Cannot access SMB shares via Windows VPN: Hi, I have set up a VPN on my server at home. I am not using a domain. I can ping IP's on the network I am connected to and access things like my router using a local IP address. I can't however access any of my mapped drives. I've tried allowing all SMB rules in...
  9. DirectShow Error Crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectShow Error Crash: I have encountered this error : DxDiag says “DxDiag has detected that there may have been a problem accessing DirectShow the last time this program was used. Would you like to bypass DirectShow this time?” If I click ‘Yes’ DxDiag appears to run normally. If I click ‘No’...
  10. Trying to change 'FriendlyName' in registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to change 'FriendlyName' in registry: I'm trying to change the name of a scanner in regedit via 'FriendlyName' in 'ControlSet001\Enum'. I have changed ownership to all Administrators, but the original value keeps coming back after a reboot. Any help on this? 83850