Windows 10: Cannot access UEFI firmware setting in Advanced options (Troubleshoot) in Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot access UEFI firmware setting in Advanced options (Troubleshoot) in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Acer spin 7 (64 bit) system with windows 10 and currently trying to dual boot my system with Ubuntu 16. As Windows 10 was installed in UEFI mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by abhishekejam, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Cannot access UEFI firmware setting in Advanced options (Troubleshoot) in Windows 10

I use Acer spin 7 (64 bit) system with windows 10 and currently trying to dual boot my system with Ubuntu 16. As Windows 10 was installed in UEFI mode so I know that I need to install Ubuntu in UEFI mode as well. I am also aware that in order to that, firstly I need to disable quick boot/fast boot and then secure boot. However, I am having an issue in disabling secure boot. I followed <a href="https://www.appgeeker.com/" target="_blank">this</a> article to disable secure boot but I could not access Advanced options in Troubleshoot menu. After I click advanced options, my system will restart instead of showing the Advanced options.
    I am stuck here so can anyone help me, please?

:)

abhishekejam, Feb 21, 2019
  2. gugs Win User

UEFI firmware settings screen

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (32Bit), Since, I have lost access to my DVD drive. The Device Manager shows:

Cannot access UEFI firmware setting in Advanced options (Troubleshoot) in Windows 10 [​IMG]

The drive has always been connected and worked fine with Windows 7; the hardware has never been altered or messed about with.

So I decided to check the UEFI Firmware Settings via Settings>Recovery>Advanced Set Up>Troubleshoot>Advanced Options I don't get the option to enter UEFI Firmware Settings; All I get is the System Restore, System Image Recovery, Startup Repair, Command Prompt and Startup Settings

Any help on resolving this issue this will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

3. uefi firmware settings

I did have UEFI Firmware Settings under settings / update and security / recovery / advanced startup - restart now

and then under troubleshooting /advanced

but it is no longer listed... how can I get the UEFI Firmware settings back into recovery?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Jack Smook, Feb 21, 2019
  4. b52gunr Win User

Cannot access UEFI firmware setting in Advanced options (Troubleshoot) in Windows 10

Accessing BIOS (UEFI Firmware Settings)

Frequently, PC users have difficulty entering BIOS on a fast boot computer using OEM instructions, e.g., esc + f10.

In Windows 10 one method of accessing the BIOS is from the Settings menu of Start as follows:

Settings > Update and Recovery > Recovery > Advanced start-up > Restart Now > Troubleshoot >
    Advanced Options > UEFI Firmware Settings

b52gunr, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Cannot access UEFI firmware setting in Advanced options (Troubleshoot) in Windows 10

1. Cannot access UEFI firmware setting in Advanced options (Troubleshoot) in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot access UEFI

2. How to reach at "UEFI Firmware Settings" Option?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reach at "UEFI Firmware Settings" Option?: I am using Windows 10 Pro Enterprise Version and i am trying to reach at "UEFI Firmware Setting" option but i couldn't found that option in my PC.How to i can reach at "UEFI Firmware Setting" option?...
  3. Cant access UEFI firmware settings

Cant access UEFI firmware settings: I'm tying to access the bios to enable virtualization but clicking UEFI firmware settings => restart just boots my pc normally. None of the buttons that should boot my pc in bios does anything either.How can i access bios?...
  4. Advanced options cannot open Troubleshoot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Advanced options cannot open Troubleshoot: When i access the advanced options screen and click troubleshoot the screen goes black and my laptop restarts. Any information on how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-options-cannot-open-troubleshoot/268afa76-7813-4388-b7bf-530b3c9fa822
  5. "initiate UEFI Firmware" in Advance Restart

"initiate UEFI Firmware" in Advance Restart: Hi, I wanna ask this question because i cant access to my bios with my keyboard in normal startup or when i restart the pc. I was looking for options and when i choose to initiate my Bios with "advanced restart" i mean the option UEFI Firmware i noticed i dont have that...
  6. No advanced options in troubleshoot settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No advanced options in troubleshoot settings.: I installed Xubuntu but would now like to remove it. I hit restart while holding the shift key but when I click on troubleshoot there is only Startup Settings. Why? And how do I fix this submitted by /u/GuidonBedon [link] [comments]...
  7. uefi firmware settings windows 10 missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uefi firmware settings windows 10 missing: Hi, I want to install windows 7 on my HP EliteBook 8560p. Now I have Windows 10. To install it I have to go on troubleshooting advanced options and press uefi firmware settings windows 10 which do not shows there,but I saw that my laptop supports UEFI. How can I find it...
  8. UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10

UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10: Dear Friends, Why is UEFI Firmware Setting missing on Windows 10? [ATTACH] But in another Windows 10, I see this option. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uefi-firmware-setting-missing-on-windows-10/d5160b6d-53c0-4e4b-9a94-2ca80be2ba66
  9. UEFI Firmware settings missing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    UEFI Firmware settings missing on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]UEFI is one of the most important pieces of software when it comes to booting an operating system on a computer. BIOS being an alternative to UEFI already is less preferred when compared to it. Whether UEFI or BIOS is [...] This post UEFI Firmware settings...
  10. LOST troubleshooting option, advanced settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LOST troubleshooting option, advanced settings: Ok, this is one of the reasons I REALLY hate Windows 10. When I go to the RECOVERY menu get to ADVANCED SETTINGS the only option is to RESTART NOW.......there is NO SUB-MENU to choose USB BOOT, NO CD BOOT, no option to boot into UEFI...ETC....how do I fix???? 28657

Users found this page by searching for:

1. could not find uefi firmware settings on advanced startup

2. only one option in advanced options in troubleshoot

3. all uefi password prompts missing

4. cannot see uefi firmware options when i go to troubleshoot settings in windows 10?,
  5. cannot access uefi firmware settings windows 10,
  6. cant select firmware on advanced startup,
  7. uefi option windows 10 gone version 1809,
  8. cannot enter uefi using advanced restart settings