Windows 10: Cannot access USB drive

Discus and support Cannot access USB drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Community, I have a USB and I used it to store some important data there. After a few days, it was inaccessible and showed the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Orange Management, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Cannot access USB drive

Hi Microsoft Community,

I have a USB and I used it to store some important data there. After a few days, it was inaccessible and showed the following below regardless of what computer I used (including different OSses) Cannot access USB drive 445f1212-a6fc-4d64-a74c-e1457be42c3f?upload=true.png Cannot access USB drive a19c4118-4d4e-4312-996b-31e5512612bc?upload=true.png

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ANSWERING. The Disk Management software does not show the following USB drive (DCannot access USB drive :) so I cannot use it.

I would be grateful if you could give me a solution (preferably one that allows me to retrieve my data) as I would not want to get rid of it by smashing it.

Thank You.

:)

Orange Management, Oct 4, 2019

2. USB Drive Access Permission

Let's try a different approach. Since the updating the driver does not work, see if changing the Security settings on one of the USB drive. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the USB's drive on File Explorer and select Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Select an Owner/User and click Edit.
    • Check all the options on the Allowed column, select OK and then Apply.

Update us on the result.

Radney Dri, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Can't Access Either of My External Drives After 14393

Hi Michael,

To better assist you with your concern, I would like to ask if you're getting any error messages when accessing your external drives? If yes, can you provide us with the exact error message?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Click on USB Mass Storage.
    • Right click on your USB, and then click on Update Driver Software.
    • Once done, check if you can access your external drives.

Regards.

Ruizell Rey, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Cannot access USB drive

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Cannot access USB drive

1. Cannot access USB drive - Similar Threads - Cannot access USB

2. Win 11/64 cannot access USB DVD drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11/64 cannot access USB DVD drive: I have a Asus external dvd drive that I cannot access from windows 11:No drive letter is assignedDevice manager shows the DVD, and the "General" properties states the status is "This Device is working Properly"Driver version is 10.0.22621.1, dated 2006-06-21Tried adding the...
  3. Win 11/64 cannot access USB DVD drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11/64 cannot access USB DVD drive: I have a Asus external dvd drive that I cannot access from windows 11:No drive letter is assignedDevice manager shows the DVD, and the "General" properties states the status is "This Device is working Properly"Driver version is 10.0.22621.1, dated 2006-06-21Tried adding the...
  4. Cannot access the USB drive, its corrupted or something.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot access the USB drive, its corrupted or something.: Im not able to access my USB drive data because it wont open. The USB icon on the Windows Explorer is greyed out and when I try to access it, it gives me the following error:When I go into Disk Management, the USB disk shows up with the 'No media' error. The only option is to...
  5. My USB drive is not ACCESSIBLE?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My USB drive is not ACCESSIBLE?: It is coming up with the message 'the disk structure is corrupted or unreadible'. THIS IS URGENT AS I NEED TO ACCESS THE USB BY TOMORROW AS I NEED SOME INFORMATION / FILES ON IT....
  6. USB drive not accessible in Win10

USB drive not accessible in Win10: I have several drives that I use for backups. I am finding that when I unplug and replug them that I get a dialog the they are not accessible, access denied. I do use the hardware eject to remove them safely. When they are plugged in, they come up with the previously assigned...
  7. USB Drive not accessible

USB Drive not accessible: Phantom USB Drive not accessible - not connected to system - visible only on THIS PC and no security tab in properties Drive is maxed. How do I get rid of this drive?...
  8. Unable to access USB drive

Unable to access USB drive: Hi, I tried inserting my flash drive & external driver to my Acer Aspire E13 laptop but it is not responding. it says " Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file...
  9. cannot access the USB

cannot access the USB: I receive the message -you don’t currently have permission to access this folder- when I try to access the USB. I was recommended to open the security tab on this USB but I cannot find any security tab there....
  10. Unable to access USB drive

Unable to access USB drive: Hi, I'm using windows 10 enterprise x86 on my HP laptop (15-AC122TU). For last few days I'm unable to copy/delete any file to/from my pendrive, not even able to format it. While formatting (fat32/NTFS/fat) : "Windows was not able to complete the format" While...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i access my usb stick