Windows 10: Cannot Access USB folder through cmd because of the credentials

Discus and support Cannot Access USB folder through cmd because of the credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, Today i pluged my USB flash drive to my router and enabled media/file sharing on my router's USB settings. When i enter my gateway directory... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BarisKarakas, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Cannot Access USB folder through cmd because of the credentials

Hi All,
    Today i pluged my USB flash drive to my router and enabled media/file sharing on my router's USB settings. When i enter my gateway directory through cmd (win+r > \\192.168.1.1) it asked me for the credentials of my router and i entered. (admin / xxxxx) It was successful and i was able to see the contents of USB drive pluged on my router. Then i changed my routers password (admin/ yyyyy) but i cannot enter the \\192.168.1.1 location to see my files. How can i edit these credentials? Where is it kept? Thanks in advance.

Here is my error message(my win is not English so this is translated version);
    Windows Cannot access to //192.168.1.1
    You dont have permision to access //192.168.1.1 Contact your network administrator to request permission

i use windows 10
    media and network finding settings are all enabled

:)

BarisKarakas, Sep 7, 2018

2. Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Cannot Access USB folder through cmd because of the credentials

Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Access USB folder through cmd because of the credentials

1. Cannot Access USB folder through cmd because of the credentials - Similar Threads - Cannot Access USB

2. Cannot copy documents folder in cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot copy documents folder in cmd: My wife's computer died and won't boot. We plan on doing a fresh reinstall but want to save a few files first. Some of these files are in the documents folder. I have cmd running from a boot drive and when I try to xcopy to the folder it says "file creation error - the file...
  3. Cannot copy documents folder in cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot copy documents folder in cmd: My wife's computer died and won't boot. We plan on doing a fresh reinstall but want to save a few files first. Some of these files are in the documents folder. I have cmd running from a boot drive and when I try to xcopy to the folder it says "file creation error - the file...
  4. Cannot copy documents folder in cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. USB folder changed to gibberish name and cannot be accessed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB folder changed to gibberish name and cannot be accessed: I got some of the files and folders on my USB flash drive changed to gibberish name with date modified in the future such as 2079 and now I cannot access them cannot open, copy or delete. When I tried cmd window, it says the target of the symbolic link does not exist....
  6. Cannot access Onedrive - Personal folder through Quick Access of File Explorer

Cannot access Onedrive - Personal folder through Quick Access of File Explorer: Hi allI suddenly realised that I couldn't access my onedrive - personal through the quick access of file explorer.The ”>" to the left of the icon is grayed out and cannot be clicked and the properties windows is totally empty, see figure 1 for detials.firgure 1. Empty...
  7. Cannot access Onedrive - Personal folder through Quick Access of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access Onedrive - Personal folder through Quick Access of File Explorer: Hi allI suddenly realised that I couldn't access my onedrive - personal through the quick access of file explorer.The ”>" to the left of the icon is grayed out and cannot be clicked and the properties windows is totally empty, see figure 1 for detials.firgure 1. Empty...
  8. Cannot access Onedrive - Personal folder through Quick Access of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. cannot access the USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot access the USB: I receive the message -you don’t currently have permission to access this folder- when I try to access the USB. I was recommended to open the security tab on this USB but I cannot find any security tab there....
  10. Cannot clear network access credentials

Cannot clear network access credentials: OS: Windows 10 x64 I access a network server using a username + password. I'd like to use another username+password, but I cannot clear the old credentials. What I've done until now: there was nothing to delete in Windows credentials (Control Panel\All Control Panel...