Windows 10: Cannot access user account after Windows 10 install

Discus and support Cannot access user account after Windows 10 install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a main user account and one hardly used. No passwords. Before installing Windows 10 ISO download, I could access both accounts. Now I am denied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BlancoMicro, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Cannot access user account after Windows 10 install

I had a main user account and one hardly used. No passwords. Before installing Windows 10 ISO download, I could access both accounts. Now I am denied access to the main account even when booting in safe mode. Surely Windows would treat the account from which I downloaded the ISO as the main account to preserve. I chose to save all personal files and apps before the install. How can I change permissions to access the main account or is there another way? If I have to reinstall, how do I stop the same thing happening again?

:)

BlancoMicro, Jun 27, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Cannot access user account after Windows 10 install :(

Zakin, Jun 27, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Cannot access user account after Windows 10 install

95Viper, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Cannot access user account after Windows 10 install

1. Cannot access user account after Windows 10 install - Similar Threads - Cannot access user

2. Cannot access user session after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access user session after updating windows 10: Can somebody tell me how can I get back access to my computer.I was trying to make some windows update windows 20h2 which did not work for reasons...So I went on microsoft to download the update, I installed it, then it rebooted the computer and now I only have the "other...
  3. Cannot access user session after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot access user session after updating windows 10: Can somebody tell me how can I get back access to my computer.I was trying to make some windows update windows 20h2 which did not work for reasons...So I went on microsoft to download the update, I installed it, then it rebooted the computer and now I only have the "other...
  4. Cannot access account after windows 10 update

Cannot access account after windows 10 update: [IMG] Hello, I cannot login to my account after a windows 10 update. There is no space given to type my password. When I click sign in it acts like it's going to load but then quickly stops and goes to the screensaver. Please help! Thanks in advance!...
  5. Cannot access other user accounts in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access other user accounts in windows 10: Hi, I was logging into a user and it was protected with a pin then I accidentally clicked I forgot my pin and then I was back on my first account and after that, I cannot see my user and cannot access it. It existed as it was showing up in the control panel. I deleted that...
  6. CANNOT ACCESS MY USER ACCOUNT ON WIN 10

CANNOT ACCESS MY USER ACCOUNT ON WIN 10: When powering on my Win 10 PC today, the desktop is different from normal. I cannot seem to access any of my features. It seems as though the wrong user account is open. I have tried signing out and and in, and logging in with both password and PIN, and still have the same...
  7. Cannot access User Account control settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access User Account control settings in Windows 10: I did the following in my laptop running Windows 10 home. 1. I was not able to download a software to the Program Files folder because access was denied due to "you don't have permission..." (I could download to a folder whose name is the same as the account that was...
  8. Cannot access or find user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot access or find user account: I'm currently on the latest Insider Preview version of Windows 10 Pro. I've experienced a weird issue for at least past 2-3 Preview versions. Firstly, when I try to log in with pin code, I get something like 'object info not found'. When I try go via Settings or System Panel...
  9. After Win 10 upgrade cannot access a local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    After Win 10 upgrade cannot access a local user account: After installing Win 10 and creating Microsoft accounts for both my wife and I it is possible to access both as well as my previous laocal account, but my wife's has disappeared. It still exists by searching the files but I cannot get to it. I have also lost access to the...
  10. User Account cannot access server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Account cannot access server: I originally posted this at Seven Forums but haven't yet gotten a response. I'm wondering if the experts haven't all migrated to W10. Anyway If some could please have a look at it and possibly give some insight: My PC at work can access the company server since this...