Windows 10: Cannot access User Account control settings in Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot access User Account control settings in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did the following in my laptop running Windows 10 home. 1. I was not able to download a software to the Program Files folder because access was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HarryChi, Aug 20, 2019.

1. HarryChi Win User

Cannot access User Account control settings in Windows 10

I did the following in my laptop running Windows 10 home.

1. I was not able to download a software to the Program Files folder because access was denied due to "you don't have permission..."

(I could download to a folder whose name is the same as the account that was created on the machine but wanted to download to program files...). So I did the following stupid thing: I changed the Account settings using "netplwiz" command at Run. I think I checked "Other" instead of "Administrator". I think I restarted the machine.

2. Now I can't access anything! I can't access UAC since whenever I try I get the message " To continue enter an admin user name and password" but the Yes button is grayed out. I also cannot download anything and get the same message but can't enter a username and passwd. I tried to reset this PC but end up withe same problem at some point.

Please Help!!

:)

HarryChi, Aug 20, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Cannot access User Account control settings in Windows 10

User Account Control in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check if you can access Safe mode and go to the elevated command prompt from there.

To go to Safe mode follow the steps below:

a. Click on Windows key, and in the Power Options
    click on Restart while pressing the shift key.

b. A blue screen will appear with a few options.

Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings >
    Startup Settings
    > Restart.

c. Your system will automatically restart, press relevant keys to go to the Safe Mode with Command prompt.

Once you have access to Elevated Command prompt, follow the steps:

1. Type "net user administrator /active:yes" and click
    Enter

You will get a message stating that "The Command completed successfully"

2. Go to the normal mode now and sign in from the administrator account.

3. Give administrator privileges to your new account by following the steps:

• Press Windows key and type Control. Click on Control Panel from the list of options.
    • Click on User Account > Manage another account.
    • Select the appropriate user account you want to give administrator rights to and then click on
      Change account type.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Cannot access User Account control settings in Windows 10

1. Cannot access User Account control settings in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot access User

2. user account control settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    user account control settings: how we change user account control settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-account-control-settings/f2945ddc-6104-440f-9aed-897b92ac34fb
  3. Can't access User Account Control (Win 10 Home)

Can't access User Account Control (Win 10 Home): 1. I was not able to download a software to the Program Files folder because access was denied due to "You don’t have permission to save in this location. Contact the administrator to obtain permission..." (I could download to a folder whose name is the same as the username...
  4. User account control settings

User account control settings: I get a message every time I open Chrome. The message asks if I allow it to make changes to my computer. If I check no, it doesn't open. I try changing the notification settings but it always revert back to high security. Am I getting the message because Chrome is not in the...
  5. User Account Control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User Account Control: OK, what did I do wrong? I cant troubleshoot because something is wrong with THAT! Disclosure....I've not been able to download Win10 update because of low disk space though I've tried everything. So far, that hadn't really been a problem Now This!! Anyone? [ATTACH]...
  6. Access users ability to access Control panel and Windows Settings

Access users ability to access Control panel and Windows Settings: Hello All, Here is the issue I could really use some help with. I know you can use GPO setting to Show only specified Control Panel items, and you can Prohibit access to Control Panel and PC settings. But what I am trying to do is Block my end users from Accessing the...
  7. Cannot access or find user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot access or find user account: I'm currently on the latest Insider Preview version of Windows 10 Pro. I've experienced a weird issue for at least past 2-3 Preview versions. Firstly, when I try to log in with pin code, I get something like 'object info not found'. When I try go via Settings or System Panel...
  8. User Account cannot access server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User Account cannot access server: I originally posted this at Seven Forums but haven't yet gotten a response. I'm wondering if the experts haven't all migrated to W10. Anyway If some could please have a look at it and possibly give some insight: My PC at work can access the company server since this...
  9. Change User Account Control (UAC) Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change User Account Control (UAC) Settings in Windows 10: UPDATE: When you are prompted to enter your credentials or elevate a program starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328, you will notice the dialog now has a fresh and modern UI to align with the design language in use across Windows 10. And now when prompted to...
  10. User Account Control

in Windows 10 Support
    User Account Control: I used to run W7 with a hdd supplemented by a Sandisk 32gb Readycache. It ran automatically on bootup, there was a desktop icon to check up on it. W7 is now running from an ssd and the Sandisk is now with the old 80gb hdd for W10. Every time that W10 gets to desktop, the User...