Windows 10: Cannot access user session after updating windows 10

Discus and support Cannot access user session after updating windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can somebody tell me how can I get back access to my computer.I was trying to make some windows update windows 20h2 which did not work for reasons...So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by PierreLovergne, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Cannot access user session after updating windows 10

Can somebody tell me how can I get back access to my computer.I was trying to make some windows update windows 20h2 which did not work for reasons...So I went on microsoft to download the update, I installed it, then it rebooted the computer and now I only have the "other user" user, which is asking me a username and a password which I don't have..I really don't know what to do here

:)

PierreLovergne, Nov 27, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Cannot access user session after updating windows 10 capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Nov 27, 2021
  4. deving Win User

Cannot access user session after updating windows 10

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Cannot access user session after updating windows 10

1. Cannot access user session after updating windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot access user

2. User Session Problem Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Session Problem Windows 10: Hello,I encounter a problem when opening a user session, particularly when launching the explorer which closes after a few minutes. How can I solve this problem? Please note, I have performed several system updates and when I open another session, everything works correctly....
  3. User Session Problem Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Session Problem Windows 10: Hello,I encounter a problem when opening a user session, particularly when launching the explorer which closes after a few minutes. How can I solve this problem? Please note, I have performed several system updates and when I open another session, everything works correctly....
  4. User Session Problem Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot access user session after updating windows 10

Cannot access user session after updating windows 10: Can somebody tell me how can I get back access to my computer.I was trying to make some windows update windows 20h2 which did not work for reasons...So I went on microsoft to download the update, I installed it, then it rebooted the computer and now I only have the "other...
  6. Cannot access user session after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot access user session after updating windows 10: Can somebody tell me how can I get back access to my computer.I was trying to make some windows update windows 20h2 which did not work for reasons...So I went on microsoft to download the update, I installed it, then it rebooted the computer and now I only have the "other...
  7. after updates windows 10 user cannot print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after updates windows 10 user cannot print: Hi, as i know and see on othe forums, the updates rolled out for windows 10 has spoiled the printing servvices. i have dont most of the work around but still having issue. some is okay as after i uninstall the updates it work as per normal. but some its giving errors when...
  8. after updates windows 10 user cannot print

after updates windows 10 user cannot print: Hi, as i know and see on othe forums, the updates rolled out for windows 10 has spoiled the printing servvices. i have dont most of the work around but still having issue. some is okay as after i uninstall the updates it work as per normal. but some its giving errors when...
  9. after updates windows 10 user cannot print

10. Cannot access user account after Windows 10 install

Cannot access user account after Windows 10 install: I had a main user account and one hardly used. No passwords. Before installing Windows 10 ISO download, I could access both accounts. Now I am denied access to the main account even when booting in safe mode. Surely Windows would treat the account from which I downloaded...