Windows 10: Cannot access VPN

Discus and support Cannot access VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to remote into my work computer using VPN. The error message I get is "Internal authentication error". I called the IT company the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by beckypark, Mar 2, 2020.

1. beckypark Win User

Cannot access VPN

I am unable to remote into my work computer using VPN. The error message I get is "Internal authentication error". I called the IT company the organization uses and they told me there was a problem on my end that I needed to figure out. I have followed several troubleshooting suggestions from a few websites. Does anyone have any suggestions of what the issue could be so I can try and troubleshoot this?

:)

beckypark, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Mar 2, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin Cannot access VPN :D

P4-630, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Cannot access VPN

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

AirVPN

In contrast to all the big names such as IPVanish, TorGuard, Hide My Ass!, PIA etc, AirVPN has been the most useful in terms of performance, cost, privacy and service.

• No torrent (or other format) throttling
    • No region/server locking
    • Full server stats live, with reports and repair ETAs
    • Packages include complete tunneling and multiple protocols
    • Can be setup for virtually any platform(including a easy to use Windows package)[also user guides exist for bespoke arrangements, such as pfSense, which I run]
    • Their website/user portal is very thorough and flexible. You can build custom VPN configuration files
    • Cost is extremely good for what you get
    • Service is often quick and prompt
    • Forums are active
    • They tick all the privacy qualifications, no record keeping

newconroer, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Cannot access VPN

1. Cannot access VPN - Similar Threads - Cannot access VPN

2. No internet access on VPN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet access on VPN: Hi Guys, so i have a collegae who often works from home. when you work from home you need to establish a VPN connection. he can connect to our VPN server at work but doesn't get to see the mapped drives like the :G\ disk. now when i go into his inter settings i see that he...
  3. VPN Connects but cannot access remote network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN Connects but cannot access remote network.: I am connecting to a remote network via VPN. I can make the connection but cannot access the remote's local network even though I have allowed access on the Server's Incoming setting. The login account has read/write permissions to the local shares. Both Remote and Client...
  4. VPN remote access

VPN remote access: Hi all, I am new to the platform. I was very excited to find the group. I've been given a situation of cleaning up a contractors config and they arent being very forthcoming, so any assistance is greatly appreciated. I have a situation with WIndows 10 pro laptops with mapped...
  5. cannot download vpn

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot download vpn: im trying to download "proXPN" and every time i run the installer it will get stopped halfway through and ill be left with a half filled bar and a message that says "Extract: tap0901.sys... 100%" does anyoneme know how to fix this?...
  6. Cannot access Express VPN or any other VPN websites.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot access Express VPN or any other VPN websites.: Hello, Im off on me hols soon and i need to set up my VPN access. I normally use express vpn but for some reason I can't connect to their website. I've disabled my antivirus, checked my firewalls status, rebooted the laptop several times but still can't connect. Any...
  7. VPN and remote access

VPN and remote access: Hello all, It is possible to VPN to a secondary network while using my local network's internet connection AND keep the ability to remote to machines on the secondary network? Accomplishing the first two steps in not and issue....
  8. VPN (cannot post a reply)

VPN (cannot post a reply): CraigLong, sent me a response to my question about VPN. When I attempted to reply I got a "oops something went wrong, please try again." I tried to post a reply several times and get the same error message. ??? Dan...
  9. Cannot connect to VPN

Cannot connect to VPN: Hi, Since a while ago I cannot connect to a VPN connection. I get the error “Can’t connect to … The modem or other connecting device is already in use or is not configured properly”. I have seen many, usually old, posts, but they all have to do with dial-up modems. I am...
  10. Cannot access SMB shares via Windows VPN

Cannot access SMB shares via Windows VPN: Hi, I have set up a VPN on my server at home. I am not using a domain. I can ping IP's on the network I am connected to and access things like my router using a local IP address. I can't however access any of my mapped drives. I've tried allowing all SMB rules in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. vpn error element not found

2. cant access shared drives on vpn