Windows 10: Cannot access windows 10 settings.

Discus and support Cannot access windows 10 settings. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Community Support, My problem is I cannot access windows 10 settings. I have tried most of the recommendations. Even tried to reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stewart Lothian, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Cannot access windows 10 settings.

Hi Community Support,

My problem is I cannot access windows 10 settings. I have tried most of the recommendations. Even tried to reinstall application without success. Please help. Thanks

:)

Stewart Lothian, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 30, 2020
  3. access BIOS settings in Win 10

I have an 8-year old computer running Win 10. I need to access the BIOS settings. It used to be the holding down the F2 key during startup would bring up the BIOS screen in Windows computers. But this no longer works. A web article listed a complicated
    series of steps leading to a reboot . . . but still no access to BIOS. Any suggestions?

R BruceBeckner, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

Cannot access windows 10 settings.

Cannot access settings in Windows 10

Hi Deepankar,

Apologize for the delay in response.

• Can you help us with the specific model number of your computer?
    • Are you facing any display issues on your computer?
    I suggest you to login to your system and check if you are able to access settings option.

Refer the below link to boot in safe mode.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...mode-and-other-startup-settings-in-windows-10

If you are able to access settings in safe mode I would suggest you to boot the computer in clean boot state and check if any software conflicts or third party program is causing the problem.

You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135?wa=wsignin1.0

If the issue does not occur in “Clean Boot”, then you may determine which application/service on the computer is causing this issue. This can be done by following the instructions for “Windows 8.1 and Windows 8” given in the section
    “How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a Clean Boot”
    from the same given link.

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting. Above article is applicable for Windows 10.

Try the above suggestions and get back to us for further assistance.

Darshan J, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Cannot access windows 10 settings.

1. Cannot access windows 10 settings. - Similar Threads - Cannot access settings

2. Cannot access Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access Windows 10 Settings: My problem is: I cannot access Settings in Windows 10. Blue Settings windows flashes on and then disappears. I have tried all the suggestions on the Microsoft site, including DISM, new account creation, restore health, scannow, etc. Please help!...
  3. Cannot access Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access Windows 10 Settings: My problem is: I cannot access Settings in Windows 10. Blue Settings windows flashes on and then disappears. I have tried all the suggestions on the Microsoft site, including DISM, new account creation, restore health, scannow, etc. Please help!...
  4. Cannot access Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 reset, all users cannot access settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 reset, all users cannot access settings: Is there a method of performing a Windows 10 reset, where all user accounts are corrupted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reset-all-users-cannot-access-settings/010216ab-4f2d-4be9-b496-64f2f570b63d
  6. I Cannot Access Windows 10 Settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I Cannot Access Windows 10 Settings: I am a victim of the October/November 2020 Update debacle. It has been a very bad few weeks. I'm trying to open up Windows 10 settings. Windows Start button = Unresponsive Keyboard Windows + i = Unresponsive Taskbar Search Box = Unresponsive Run prompt ms-settings: =...
  7. Cannot access device manager or settings due to "Windows cannot access the speccified...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot access device manager or settings due to "Windows cannot access the speccified...: Hi, as the title says I am having this issue. I looked up some solutions and they involve files, however, device manager and my settings are not files so I'm not sure how to fix it. Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/TheEpicBox [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 1903 - Cannot access Settings (Microsoft Sucks)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 - Cannot access Settings (Microsoft Sucks): Every single computer in my company can no longer access the settings app. Which means they can no longer join a wifi, access printer settings, run windows updates, you get the picture. I see a lot of questions from over a year ago but nothing current. I'm sure it was a...
  9. Cannot access User Account control settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot access User Account control settings in Windows 10: I did the following in my laptop running Windows 10 home. 1. I was not able to download a software to the Program Files folder because access was denied due to "you don't have permission..." (I could download to a folder whose name is the same as the account that was...
  10. Cannot access 'Background' or 'Personalization' Windows settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot access 'Background' or 'Personalization' Windows settings: ISSUES Accessing 'Personalization' from Windows settings screen I open Settings and click Personalization from the available options. I can open all the other options, but for this one, nothing happens. Once I click on it, the window 'freezes' and I can't do anything but...