Windows 10: Cannot access Windows Recovery with password-less Microsoft Account

Discus and support Cannot access Windows Recovery with password-less Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I try to access recovery, I have to enter a password, when I enter my windows pin, it doesn’t work, when I enter the one time password from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ZacAttackedYou, Mar 5, 2022.

1. Cannot access Windows Recovery with password-less Microsoft Account

When I try to access recovery, I have to enter a password, when I enter my windows pin, it doesn’t work, when I enter the one time password from Authenticator, it doesn’t work, and entering my old password before I made my account password less, doesn’t work.

:)

ZacAttackedYou, Mar 5, 2022
  2. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Mar 5, 2022
  3. Recovery and account

Hi Sarang,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

I understand that you have upgraded to Windows again after performing reset.

Have you tried to restart the system again to check whether the Windows 10 is downgraded to previous version?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

As the Windows 10 creates the new user account automatically, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer to the following link to download and run the
    Microsoft Account troubleshooter:

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

As you have linked your Microsoft account in Windows 10, I suggest you to switch back to the local account if you wish.

How to switch to a local account from Microsoft account.

• Press “Windows + I” keys to open settings (When you get the error “Critical error-start menu and Cortana not working”).

• Select Accounts.

• On the right side, it will show your current account with an option "Switch to a local account”.

• Select “switch to a local account” and follow the steps to switch your Microsoft account into a local account. Once this is done your Microsoft account is safe and not linked with that computer anymore.
    Note:

• You may not delete the recovery drive, as it will help you to recover the Windows in future if the Windows is not working properly.

• If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can
      disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.
    Reference: Please refer to the below article and check if it helps.

Recovery options in Windows 10

Recovery options in Windows

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 5, 2022
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot access Windows Recovery with password-less Microsoft Account

Recovery of Microsoft Account, Impossible?

Hi,

You may need to reset your password for you to access your account again. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages when you tried to login?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Are you trying to log in to your Microsoft Account or to your Windows 10 local account?
    • Have you tried resetting your password?

Meanwhile, if you're trying to log in to your Microsoft Account, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

forum article
    shared by PaulSey on how to reset your password and recover your Microsoft Account.

If you're trying to log in to your Windows 10 local account, we suggest that you perform the instructions in this

article
    on how you can reset your Windows 10 local account.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the steps on how to recover your Microsoft Account by clicking on this
    link.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 5, 2022
Thema:

Cannot access Windows Recovery with password-less Microsoft Account

1. Cannot access Windows Recovery with password-less Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Cannot access Recovery

2. I cannot access my Bitlocker recovery keys In Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot access my Bitlocker recovery keys In Microsoft account: I cannot access my Bitlocker recovery keys. I kept getting this error TraceID: IAP6brYpRk6RLcfJ.14.102 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-access-my-bitlocker-recovery-keys-in/34549160-9224-4259-92d7-20a51d9f324e
  3. Cannot access Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access Microsoft Account: After creating new Microsoft accounts for my family @outlook.com, I forgot the password for one of them and cannot access it.I've followed the reset and get the code, bt cannot verify the account as it was new and never used, so nothing to verify it against.Each time I...
  4. Cannot access Microsoft Account

Cannot access Microsoft Account: After creating new Microsoft accounts for my family @outlook.com, I forgot the password for one of them and cannot access it.I've followed the reset and get the code, bt cannot verify the account as it was new and never used, so nothing to verify it against.Each time I...
  5. Cannot Access Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Access Microsoft Account: Hi! I am currently unable to gain access to my Microsoft account. The email that was used to make the account originally is an old email, I switched the old email to my current email, making the old account an alias. When attempting to login into the Microsoft account today,...
  6. Cannot Access Microsoft Account

Cannot Access Microsoft Account: Hi! I am currently unable to gain access to my Microsoft account. The email that was used to make the account originally is an old email, I switched the old email to my current email, making the old account an alias. When attempting to login into the Microsoft account today,...
  7. cannot access microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot access microsoft account: A couple days ago, I updated my Windows 11 computer cumulative update. About 30 minutes later, I got a blue screen. Maybe coincidence, but I never had a blue screen in the five months I've owned the LG gram. The computer started, and said "Something happened and your PIN...
  8. cannot access microsoft account

cannot access microsoft account: A couple days ago, I updated my Windows 11 computer cumulative update. About 30 minutes later, I got a blue screen. Maybe coincidence, but I never had a blue screen in the five months I've owned the LG gram. The computer started, and said "Something happened and your PIN...
  9. Cannot access Windows Recovery with password-less Microsoft Account

Cannot access Windows Recovery with password-less Microsoft Account: When I try to access recovery, I have to enter a password, when I enter my windows pin, it doesn’t work, when I enter the one time password from Authenticator, it doesn’t work, and entering my old password before I made my account password less, doesn’t work....
  10. Cannot access Windows Recovery with password-less Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot access Windows Recovery with password-less Microsoft Account: When I try to access recovery, I have to enter a password, when I enter my windows pin, it doesn’t work, when I enter the one time password from Authenticator, it doesn’t work, and entering my old password before I made my account password less, doesn’t work....