Windows 10: Cannot access yahoo mail via Outlook 2010

Discus and support Cannot access yahoo mail via Outlook 2010 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 1909, Outlook 2010, Yahoo full featured mail, no account key or 2-step verification enabled I have several yahoo mail (full featured)... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dmcmillen, Mar 18, 2020.

1. dmcmillen Win User

Cannot access yahoo mail via Outlook 2010

Windows 10 Pro 1909, Outlook 2010, Yahoo full featured mail, no account key or 2-step verification enabled

I have several yahoo mail (full featured) accounts and I have never been able to access them through Outlook 2010. No problems with web access thru any browser. Here are the settings:

Incoming Mail (POP) Server
    Server - pop.mail.yahoo.com
    Port - 995
    Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
    Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Port - 465 or 587
    Requires SSL - Yes
    Requires TLS - Yes (if available)
    Requires authentication - Yes

Login info
    User Name: everything to the left of the @ sign in the email address
    e.g., name for [email protected]
    Password - Account password.
    Requires authentication - Yes

Server always rejects the logon attempt:

Cannot access yahoo mail via Outlook 2010 [​IMG]

I have read where yahoo requires an app password or DMARC authentifcation but I don't know whether that is true or not. If so I don't think I would be able to access my yahoo account through Outlook 2010. Any way I would appreciate some help here. Note: I have configured many email accounts via Outlook (now 2010) thru pop servers and currently have gmail accounts receiving and sending mail thru outlook as well as emails that I host thru my own domain.

The reason I would like to get the yahoo accounts working thru Outlook is that I have a need to use alias addresses and yahoo supports 500 disposable (alias) email addresses per account.

:)

dmcmillen, Mar 18, 2020
  2. 1Strive Win User

Is Yahoo Mail Down, Right Now?

I can't get into my Yahoo Mail. Tried on 3 different computers, and it doesn't seem to be my router.

I also tried YPOPs w/ Outlook 2007. But no joy.

CAN ANYONE ACCESS THEIR YAHOO MAIL, NOW?

Thanks,
    1STRIVE

1Strive, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Mar 18, 2020
  4. geercom Win User

Need Outlook 2010 to work or get Mail & Cal to import contacts

I don't understand what it means by "Create one or more folders in the list of folders that synchronize with your Outlook.com account". What does that mean? Are you saying you can create these folders somewhere inside Outlook.com and that the folders have to have the same names as the WLM folders? I don't understand. What folders are the ones that sync with Outlook.com? Where are these?

geercom, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot access yahoo mail via Outlook 2010 - Similar Threads - Cannot access yahoo

2. Why am I required to use Outlook Mail via Yahoo Mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I required to use Outlook Mail via Yahoo Mail?: I recently changed my email client from Windows 11 Mail to Outlook Mail via the button that appears at the top right of the Windows mail client. I have 5 email accounts at Eastlink as well as a few email accounts at Outlook plus one account on Hotmail as well as one account...
  3. Why am I required to use Outlook Mail via Yahoo Mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I required to use Outlook Mail via Yahoo Mail?: I recently changed my email client from Windows 11 Mail to Outlook Mail via the button that appears at the top right of the Windows mail client. I have 5 email accounts at Eastlink as well as a few email accounts at Outlook plus one account on Hotmail as well as one account...
  4. Can no longer access Yahoo Mail through Outlook 365

Can no longer access Yahoo Mail through Outlook 365: I'm having trouble connecting to my Yahoo Mail account using Microsoft Office 365. Everything was working perfectly until Windows 10 did an update. Now I keep getting an Outlook send/receive error 0x800CCC0e and cannot connect. I have tried researching this and tried a few...
  5. Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook: Export contacts from Yahoo gives CSV no options. Import in Outlook fails. Tried re-save from excel.Really wanted "mailto:" to send to Yahoo Mail which IMAP lets me do, but need Contacts also.Is there a mail client that will access Yahoo contact list?...
  6. Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook

Yahoo Mail contacts into Outlook: Export contacts from Yahoo gives CSV no options. Import in Outlook fails. Tried re-save from excel.Really wanted "mailto:" to send to Yahoo Mail which IMAP lets me do, but need Contacts also.Is there a mail client that will access Yahoo contact list?...
  7. yahoo mail not working on outlook

yahoo mail not working on outlook: i have a yahoo email and its not working on outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail-not-working-on-outlook/09f277ef-9d62-4254-adad-dad2f98b9a27
  8. Cannot manage mail rules and notifications in Office 2010 Outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Cannot manage mail rules and notifications in Office 2010 Outlook: Hi folks, couple of days ago I noticed that my Outlook rules for sorting incoming mail into folders are no more honoured. I went to "manage rules and notifications" in the menu, and after clicking on it something blinked on the screen and I received notification "operation...
  9. yahoo mail access

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    yahoo mail access: Can´t access yahoo mail anymore from this pc page is redirected to "https://guce.yahoo.com/" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/yahoo-mail-access/aa37f791-d0ea-41ae-970b-545725b912bd
  10. Cannot access my Yahoo mail

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot access my Yahoo mail: Using windows 10, I have suddenly been unable to open my Yahoo mail. I can access the Yahoo.com website, SOMETIMES I can successfully sign into my Yahoo account and even preview my mail when clicking on "Mail". Other times I cannot even sign into the account. On the times I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. outlook 2010 error 0x800cccd2 yahoo