Windows 10: Cannot Activate After Upgrading Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot Activate After Upgrading Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I purchased a Windows 10 machine from Lenovo a YogaC940 and then bought an upgrade directly from Microsoft to Windows 10 Enterprise. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RobF839, Dec 25, 2020.

1. RobF839 Win User

Cannot Activate After Upgrading Windows 10

Hello,

I purchased a Windows 10 machine from Lenovo a YogaC940 and then bought an upgrade directly from Microsoft to Windows 10 Enterprise. No license key came with the email confirming my upgrade, and my machine upgraded and updated seamlessly.

However, I now get following error message in Settings:

"We cannot activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. Error code 0Xc004c003"

The invalid Product Key in the error message is "XXXX" out, except the last 5 digits.

I have tried to enter the original Product Key found on the machine using: <wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey>

But this key doesn't work. It is also different than the one in the error message.

My MS account online recognizes my machine and reports "No issues found".

Is it possible my upgrade changed the product key, and if so, how do I get the new one? If not how do I get the correct one to clear the error message?

Thank you!

:)

RobF839, Dec 25, 2020
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From Why can't I activate Windows?

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Cannot Activate After Upgrading Windows 10 [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Dec 25, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot Activate After Upgrading Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot Activate Upgrading

2. Cannot activate windows 10 after upgrade from windows 8.1.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate windows 10 after upgrade from windows 8.1.: After upgrading windows from 8.1 pro to Windows 10 pro. i encountered activation issue.Activation status: Windows is not activated. I run slmgr /dlv and result shows Software licensing service version: 10.0.19041.2965Name: WindowsR Operating System, OEM_DM channelProduct Key...
  3. Cannot activate windows 10 after upgrade from windows 8.1.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate windows 10 after upgrade from windows 8.1.: After upgrading windows from 8.1 pro to Windows 10 pro. i encountered activation issue.Activation status: Windows is not activated. I run slmgr /dlv and result shows Software licensing service version: 10.0.19041.2965Name: WindowsR Operating System, OEM_DM channelProduct Key...
  4. Cannot activate windows 10 after upgrade from windows 8.1.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Activate upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Cannot Activate upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: I purchased an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Microsoft Store on my computer. I was charged for the order but no Product Key came with the order, which seemed odd. I can see the paid receipt in my order history, but cannot activate Windows. It keeps...
  6. Cannot Activate Windows after upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise

Cannot Activate Windows after upgrade to Windows 10 Enterprise: I have recently upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro and now I keep getting the message that I should activate Windows. I tried activating Windows, using my Product Key and I get the error (0X80041023). The Product Key you Entered did not work, Try again. This...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - Cannot activate

Windows 10 Pro Upgrade - Cannot activate: Hi, I purchased window 10 pro on the Microsoft store for one of the laptops in our small business. The installation ran fine but I was unable to activate despite troubleshooting / following online guides etc. When I checked the windows version it is representing as windows...
  8. Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade

Cannot re-activate Windows after hardware upgrade: Hi, so I've recently upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and RAM and my Windows requests to be activated. Immediately on opening the Settings>Activation page I'm greeted with error code 0x80072EE2. Solutions tried: I've read the FAQs and tried to use...
  9. Cannot activate after upgrade from Windows Store

Cannot activate after upgrade from Windows Store: I had Windows 10 Home on my Dell desktop. Yesterday, I purchases Windows 10 Pro through the Store and now the upgrade will not activate. When I checked, my System setting (and the Store) is reporting that Windows 10 Enterprise was installed. I get activation error code...
  10. Cannot activate Windows after upgrading my PC

Cannot activate Windows after upgrading my PC: I got a new motherboard, CPU, RAM etc.. A few hours after I got my PC up and running, I get this notification to activate Windows. It said that I don't have a valid digital license or product key, with error code 0xC004C003. When I click the troubleshoot option, followed by...