Windows 10: Cannot Activate - Keep waiting?

Discus and support Cannot Activate - Keep waiting? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Ive called tech support 4 days in a row now and have been told the 003 error is not because my key is blocked but because of issues with servers or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by brazosdog02, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Cannot Activate - Keep waiting?

Ive called tech support 4 days in a row now and have been told the 003 error is not because my key is blocked but because of issues with servers or something.

Is this still true?

I tried installing 3 times, the last time, I went back to windows 7 ultimate, activated it with no problems, and then immediately used my Windows 10 ISO DVD to install windows 10. It never asked for a key I dont think, which I thought was a good sign. I did not run any update for Windows 7. I selected "keep nothing" and it installed and all was well, but when I logged in it said it was not activated and it will currently not activate.

EDIT TO LIST SOLUTION:

Basically, I did what others on this thread stated and this issue was due to me not understanding what a 'clean install' was. I thought selected "keep nothing" from within an activated Windows 7 SP1 OS was still considered an upgrade. Not true. And that maybe was a stupid thought. After many failed attempts I did the following:

• Installed Windows 7 Ultimate
    • Activated it with my Key - make sure this takes
    • Installed SP1
    • Then I used my Windows 10 ISO disk that I burned to do an 'upgrade'. This means I selected "KEEP ALL" when it got to that point.
    • It installed
    • It then said it was activated. Make sure this happens.
    • Then I did a 'reset' which brought me back to a clean install state.

Many thanks to the support here. *Cool

:)

brazosdog02, Aug 10, 2015

2. Windows 10 build 10240 question?

is necessary to activate this version of windows 10 built? I keep receiving notifications about activating windows... and I tried using the product key provided at the community forum but it still cannot activate.

TshepoMatheera, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10 will NOT activate, Microsoft no help

I paid for the activation code (license) and still cannot activate. It keeps say reboot computer, but nothing happens. I am ticked off since I bought it.

RossGlover, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Bob Mind Win User

Cannot Activate - Keep waiting?

Same here. But today microsoft office downloaded Updates and asked for restart, on reboot windows was activated.
    Thought windows 10 was activated on your hardware not software as well.

Bob Mind, Aug 11, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    Try opening an elevated command prompt ("run as administrator" command prompt). Type slmgr /ato to force an online activation try. If it doesn't work the first time, try a few times. If it doesn't activate that way after 4 or 5 tries, type "slui 4" without the quotations. That will open the old phone activation screen and you can try over the phone. Please let me know if the second method works if the first one fails because I have not been able to try it.

NavyLCDR, Aug 11, 2015
  6. The first says my key is blocked. ITs said that for 3 days. Ill try the second, but not hopeful.

brazosdog02, Aug 12, 2015
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Just curious - what key does showkeyplus show for Windows 10 that is blocked?
    Showkey - Windows 10 Forums

To block all the keys as in the screen shot, just click on them.

NavyLCDR, Aug 12, 2015
  8. Cannot Activate - Keep waiting?

It would be my Windows 7 key i ASSUME. Im not sure. The one shown ends in VVT. This is utterly f-ing ridiculous. Seriously. This is a giant cluster...there is absolutely no excuse whatsoever for an install like this to have so many problems and failures to activate. This should be a non-issue. At the worst, I should be able to call them and give them my windows 7 key and they should be able to activate my windows 10...period...end of story...bar none...etc...etc...etc.

The fact that this has been so poorly implemented and organized is quite alarming. Sitting on hold, talking with horrible techs to get absolutely no where is just not acceptable.

9. NavyLCDR New Member
    That's strange. Windows 7 Ultimate should upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Did you download and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro? The generic key that you will get for the Windows 10 Pro free upgrade is:
    VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T

This is what my showkey for an upgrade looks like:

NavyLCDR, Aug 12, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    And what is really interesting is produkey shows my previous installed Windows 8.1 RTM key as being assigned to Internet Explorer....

NavyLCDR, Aug 12, 2015
  11. badrobot Win User
    Were you able to succesfully upgrade WIndows 7 to Windows 10 or did you go straight to doing a clean install using Win 7 key?

badrobot, Aug 12, 2015
  12. Im sorry. I have a typo. My key shown for Windows 10 is the 3V66T. But it is not activated.

I have my produkey from 8.1 which is shown to be IE, but that doesnt do anything either. I was told to wait by tech support, then the a-holes tried to tell me that I can't install from a CD ISO because it won't match something if I don't download it directly from the windows update. I CANT DO THAT because I am on a metered connection. I have to use a DVD ISO downloaded from a broadband connecttion. Its windows 10. WIndows is windows is windows is windows. You either have a generic key from upgrade or you have a key becuase you paid for it.

This should make absolutely no difference at all.

What I did was install windows 7 ULTIMATE THAT I PAID FOR, then I stuck my DVD for WINDOWS 10 64BIT in and it went through the install process. Why is this so hard for MS? The upgrade to 10 is and was successful. I just can't activate it.

I have my original windows 7 install on a different disl still, can I somehow trick the software by finding a hardware file or something?

13. labeeman Win User

If I understand you did a clean install without upgrading is that right? If you did do that you need to reinstall W7 and activate it then do an upgrade after you upgrade then you can do a clean install not before. see this story for more details.
    Microsoft quietly rewrites its activation rules for Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

labeeman, Aug 12, 2015
  14. badrobot Win User
    Sorry but the tech guys are right. You won't be able to do a clean install using win 7 key unless you do an online upgrade first.

• A Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key cannot activate Windows 10. Windows 10 uses its own unique product key.
    • By default, Windows 10 builds are pre-keyed, meaning, you do not have to enter a product key and should not be prompted to enter one as long as you upgraded from an activated Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 license or Windows 10 Preview build.
    • If you perform a clean install on first attempt, you will have to start over from an activated Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 installation.
    • If you are prompted to enter a product key, clickDo this laterand give it a few days, Windows 10 will activate automatically.

badrobot, Aug 12, 2015
  15. THIS IS NOT A CLEAN INSTALL!

Install Windows 7 - ACTIVATE. Its activated. Its mine. I bought it. Its legit.

Then I stick in the Windows 10 disk and install FROM WITHIN WINDOWS 7 THAT IS ALREADY ACTIVATED. How in the world is that considered a clean install?

Please help me understand how I f---ed this up? This is exactly what the first technician told me to do.

Thema:

1. Cannot Activate - Keep waiting? - Similar Threads - Cannot Activate Keep

2. CANNOT ACTIVATE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANNOT ACTIVATE: CANNOT ACTIVATE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-activate/b7402e1b-61e6-48b7-89ec-ea46f33e384c
  3. CANNOT ACTIVATE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CANNOT ACTIVATE: CANNOT ACTIVATE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-activate/b7402e1b-61e6-48b7-89ec-ea46f33e384c
  4. Cannot delete apps Keep saying "Please wait until current program is finished uninstalling...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete apps Keep saying "Please wait until current program is finished uninstalling...: It keep showing the whole day, and, i didn't delete/change any apps, i just want to uninstall an app but it keep saying the same thing, can someone help me?...
  5. Cannot delete apps Keep saying "Please wait until current program is finished uninstalling...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot delete apps Keep saying "Please wait until current program is finished uninstalling...: It keep showing the whole day, and, i didn't delete/change any apps, i just want to uninstall an app but it keep saying the same thing, can someone help me?...
  6. Cannot delete apps Keep saying "Please wait until current program is finished uninstalling...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Cannot activate windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate windows: I was intended to turn dark mode in my laptop. But, when i chose to turn it on, the settings asked me to activate the Windows first but unfortunately i couldn't do so. I don;t know why i couldn't activate windows in my laptop. May i get assistance?...
  8. Cannot activate windows on a new computer, keeps giving error 0x803f8007

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate windows on a new computer, keeps giving error 0x803f8007: I have tried everything to try to get my computer activated but to no avail. There is no information on my error code either. Any help is greatly appreciated....
  9. waiting.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    waiting.....: patiently for 11pm BST when BF1 unlocks in the UK *Biggrin any battlefield players here? 67495
  10. Windows 10 Activation failed even after 24h wait

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation failed even after 24h wait: Hello guys, I installed windows 10 3 days ago via usb because I did not get the Upgrade icon. I made clean install on one of my drives and everything is running. A have a lot of software installed, couple of games and so on. The problem is I cannot activate it. I get this...