Windows 10: Cannot activate media streaming.

Discus and support Cannot activate media streaming. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I turn on media streaming it tells me that media streaming is not turned on so when I go into Windows service administration tools and try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anthony riley, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Cannot activate media streaming.

When I turn on media streaming it tells me that media streaming is not turned on so when I go into Windows service administration tools and try to started their windows could not start the window media player network sharing services services on local computer comes up with an error code of 1068 the dependency sevice or group failed to star. Any help trying to resolve this issue would be very much appreciated I want to share stuff from my computer to my TV and I can't do because it will not let me turn it on and I don't know why this is happening so any help be very much appreciated if you want to send me any video files now to resolve this issue can do by sending me an email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I thank you and I wait for the reply to this problem.

:)

anthony riley, Sep 25, 2019
  2. donkey Win User

Media streaming problems

Since I got the upgrade to Windows 10, Media player has been at best quirky at worse totally useless. Originally I could stream media to my televisions but any editing I did in media player was not reflected in the DLNA client on the TV, for example genres that had been deleted or changed still appeared in the list. I tried deleting the media player database with no change, I reinstalled media player and now I cant stream anything at all. The server shows up on my TV with the proper categories but the list is always empty. I have turned on streaming, shared the files and added them to the media player database. Since the primary reason for this PC is to stream media to TVs in my house I am very disappointed, is there anyone who might have another idea that I haven't tried ?

donkey, Sep 25, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    streaming media

It could be that the Flash Player in Edge was disabled after the update. We suggest that you enable it again and see if you are able to stream your media again. Here's how to enable the Flash Player in Edge:

• Open Edge.
    • Click the "..." on the top-right corner of Edge.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click View advanced settings.
    • Toggle the switch for Adobe Flash Player to enable it.
    • Close the Edge browser window and open a new one.

David Haz, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Cannot activate media streaming.

Media Streaming DLNA no longer works after Anniversary edition upgrade

Hello,

Most of the DLNA servers can be fixed by reconfiguring it on your computer. So, I would suggest you to remove the DLNA servers from your computer and reconfigure it again to check if it resolves the issue.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Go to system tray and click on network and sharing
    • Select change advanced sharing settings at the left top of the screen
    • At the bottom select All network
    • Under media streaming, select choose media streaming option
    • Under show devices on select customize from Xbox
    • Uncheck the Use default settings and check mark make all of the media in my library available to this device

Post back if the issue persist. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Cannot activate media streaming.

1. Cannot activate media streaming. - Similar Threads - Cannot activate media

2. media streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    media streaming: Recently I lost the connection between my media server and my Roku Ultra. I've listened to and followed advice as well as read tech "how-To's" All that leads me to conclude that my version of windows [win 10 pro x64 v. 2004 build 19041.329] lacks a way to turn on media...
  3. Media Streaming

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media Streaming: I just installed an internal WiFi adapter in my Windows 10 Pro machine. When I went to enable Media Streaming, I learned that my new local hotspot will allow anyone in range to my PC to see the security password on my WiFi card. I need to know how to hide the security...
  4. media streaming

media streaming: I have a new desktop computer with c and d drives. the c drive has all the programs and d drive has all the data incl music files. my tv does not see the d drive, how do I change this. both are connected to wifi and I am trying to steam files over wifi....
  5. Media streaming

Media streaming: What is needed to stream mp4s from network PC to TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-streaming/51008635-ebc2-45b5-93c8-cf0e66ea51dc
  6. Media Streaming

Media Streaming: I am trying to stream My Pictures from a Windows 10 PC to my Sony TV. The TV can see the folders but not the individual pictures in them. I believe that I have shared the entirety of my pictures folder and subfolders. I cannot turn off the password protection requirement in...
  7. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: what is media streaming? Is it safe to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/media-streaming/bb50cfc2-26b2-439c-affc-b177caa73d28
  8. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: recently I was trying to import photos via a memory card as I always have only to receive the same message over & over. something went wrong-try again. so I attempted to find out why. at that time I discovered that Media Streaming was turned OFF and of course it prompted me...
  9. Media streaming

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Media streaming: How does media streaming work? Are you more or less protected when streaming is turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/media-streaming/3fc4b761-8545-483f-a592-26e90c029a12"
  10. Cannot "Turn on media streaming"

Cannot "Turn on media streaming": After upgrading from Win 8.1 to Win 10 media streaming is off and when the "Turn on media streaming" button is selected there is no effect, no error message, no action. Since this feature was on before the upgrade I'm assuming some dependent services where either turned off...