Windows 10: Cannot activate my Windows 10 upgrading from Windows 7

Discus and support Cannot activate my Windows 10 upgrading from Windows 7 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a refurbished Lenovo PC years ago, and last week I bought a new solid driver for it and changed the old driver to install Windows 10 using a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Weidong1010, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Cannot activate my Windows 10 upgrading from Windows 7

I bought a refurbished Lenovo PC years ago, and last week I bought a new solid driver for it and changed the old driver to install Windows 10 using a DVD with Windows 10 190619. When Windows 10 was ready, I began to download software and today I got the warning "Go to Settings to active Windows." And the activation of settings said "We can't active Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. Error code: 0x800705B4" But I though the system could automatically recognize this PC because it had a Windows 7 home license and I could see the product key in the label. And the Windows version is Windows 7 Home Prem for Refurb PCs.

How could I solve this problem to active my Windows 10? I tried to enter the product key using "Change product key" button but it did not work.

:)

Weidong1010, Jul 5, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 5, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Cannot activate my Windows 10 upgrading from Windows 7

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Cannot activate my Windows 10 upgrading from Windows 7

1. Cannot activate my Windows 10 upgrading from Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Cannot activate upgrading

2. I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...: Hello sir/madams, I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7 for the free from official site of microsoft. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded to windows 10 it asks for activation. I can't even personalize my computer. I try to follow the steps it tells me but I...
  3. I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...: Hello sir/madams, I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7 for the free from official site of microsoft. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded to windows 10 it asks for activation. I can't even personalize my computer. I try to follow the steps it tells me but I...
  4. I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cannot upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10: Hello,I am facing a problem trying to upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10.Please can you Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-upgrade-my-labtop-from-windows-7-to-10/15c33c4d-c8ab-4746-a375-a2676b710bc2
  6. cannot upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10: Hello,I am facing a problem trying to upgrade my labtop from windows 7 to 10.Please can you Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-upgrade-my-labtop-from-windows-7-to-10/15c33c4d-c8ab-4746-a375-a2676b710bc2
  7. Upgraded windows 7 to 10 activation

Upgraded windows 7 to 10 activation: I upgraded my windows 7 home premium to windows 10 and then changed some hardware. Now computer is telling me to activate windows again but my old code won't work. Did i get a new code when i upgraded? I still have the certificate of authenticity....
  8. cannot upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 on my computer: I have been trying to install windows 10 on my laptop which is currently running windows 7 pro i keep getting the error code 0x80070005 - 2000a I am not sure how to get around this if anyone can help that would be great....
  9. Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, but Will not Activate!

Upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, but Will not Activate!: Hi, A couple of months ago I decided to finally upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I didn't do a clean install, I just went through the upgrade process. Everything went smoothly, and I've been loving everything about windows 10 since then, but today it started to...
  10. Cannot upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10!: Hey all, I'm new to the forums and came across here as I was searching for a fix for my issue I am having. I am trying to upgrade to Windows 10, which I have done before on this machine but had to format my SSD and reinstall Win7. Now since doing that for the past 3-4...