Windows 10: Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license

Discus and support Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; 1. Upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro via the microsoft store 2. Windows now prompts for activation, it was a digital license bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lbrictson, Mar 30, 2020.

1. lbrictson Win User

Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license

1. Upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro via the microsoft store

2. Windows now prompts for activation, it was a digital license bought through my MS account, it should auto activate but it does not

3. I have the windows 10 pro purchase in my order history, however clicking it in the web order history portal and also in the store order history portal both take me to a dead link that looks like this, implying the entire product doesn't exist.

Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license 5007f784-9eb9-4660-b029-5cc80ca5796c?upload=true.png

How am I suppose to activate my copy of windows?

:)

lbrictson, Mar 30, 2020
  2. FredHeine Win User

Can't activate my Purchased Windows 10 Pro License.

have 2 computers, both running Windows 10 Pro.

The first computer was upgraded for free to Windows 10 Pro from Retail Windows 7 (Pro).

I purchase Windows 10 Pro and license from Windows Online Store.

My first computer shows up as activated. I can't activate my purchased license on my second computer.

I purchase a third license so I could register my second computer. Now my Windows Account Devices, my first computer shows up activated once and my second computer shows up activated twice with numbers I don't recognize. I received my second license number
    by email. I never received my third license number but it was activated.

FredHeine, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 license expiring

Windows 10 Enterprise volume license clients are used by large organizations that deploy Windows 10 in bulk to hundreds or thousands of computers. Sometimes, users will copy these organization keys off the Internet and use them to install Windows 10
    Enterprise, but they are blocked from activating because it can't reach appropriate KMS host (Server computer) which handles the activation request.

The copy you have installed is not gonna activate; so you will need to purchase a genuine license, then perform a clean install. It does not have to be Windows 10 Pro, you can also purchase Home too.

Step 1: Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2:

Step 3:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license

License activation issue: Your windows license will expire soon

Windows 10 Activation reports your license will soon expire.

This can happen for a number of reasons:

• You copied a Windows 10 Pro off the Internet (usually a volume license - organization - key) and changed on a Windows 10 Home installation. Windows 10 Pro is not free. If this is what you did, you will need to reinstall the previous edition
      or version you were running. You inadvertently installed the wrong edition.
      • The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core will install Windows 10 Home

• Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro will installWindows 10 Pro

If the edition of Windows 10 installed does not correspond with the edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8 you were previously running, then you need to reinstall the right edition.

Did you purchase the laptop brand new out of the box?

You might want to reinstall Windows 10 Home to resolve the problem.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license

1. Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license - Similar Threads - Cannot activate newly

2. Moving from a non-licensed Windows 10 Pro to a newly-purchased Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving from a non-licensed Windows 10 Pro to a newly-purchased Windows 10 Home: I bought a desktop computer with a non-licensed Windows 10 Pro. This began to cause programs not to update properly, specifically Screenhunter 6:0. So I bought Windows 10 Home, having no specific need for Windows 10 Pro. I installed Windows 10 Home. But when I attempted to...
  3. Moving from a non-licensed Windows 10 Pro to a newly-purchased Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving from a non-licensed Windows 10 Pro to a newly-purchased Windows 10 Home: I bought a desktop computer with a non-licensed Windows 10 Pro. This began to cause programs not to update properly, specifically Screenhunter 6:0. So I bought Windows 10 Home, having no specific need for Windows 10 Pro. I installed Windows 10 Home. But when I attempted to...
  4. Moving from a non-licensed Windows 10 Pro to a newly-purchased Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't activate newly purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 10 Home

Can't activate newly purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 10 Home: I have a brand new HP desktop computer, right out of the box.It came with Windows 10 Home. I am using it for work projects so my tech person told me to upgrade to Windows Pro. I purchased Windows Pro from the Microsoft store and received a confirmation email.I got an error...
  6. Can't activate newly purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate newly purchased Windows 10 Pro upgrade from Windows 10 Home: I have a brand new HP desktop computer, right out of the box.It came with Windows 10 Home. I am using it for work projects so my tech person told me to upgrade to Windows Pro. I purchased Windows Pro from the Microsoft store and received a confirmation email.I got an error...
  7. Unable to Activate a Newly Purchased Windows 10 Home

Unable to Activate a Newly Purchased Windows 10 Home: I cannot activate the Windows 10 Home I purchased yesterday from Office Works. I have entered the product code an Microsoft keeps redirecting me all over the place rather than actually allowing me to activate it....
  8. Unable to Activate a Newly Purchased Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Activate a Newly Purchased Windows 10 Home: I cannot activate the Windows 10 Home I purchased yesterday from Office Works. I have entered the product code an Microsoft keeps redirecting me all over the place rather than actually allowing me to activate it....
  9. Cannot Activate a Windows 10 Pro digital license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Activate a Windows 10 Pro digital license.: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro digital license from the Microsoft website but am unable to do anything with it at all. I installed windows 10 pro on my computer but am unable to activate it. I've logged into my Microsoft account from the settings > account menus on the...
  10. Cannot activate digital license in Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot activate digital license in Windows 10 Pro.: I have a Microsoft account with a Windows 10 digital license and recently I install a new motherboard and re-install a fresh Windows 10. However , once I tried signing and use the troubleshooter , I cannot find my new computer (name) list in the recent devices. I already...