Windows 10: Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license

Discus and support Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; 1. Upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro via the microsoft store 2. Windows now prompts for activation, it was a digital license bought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lbrictson, Mar 30, 2020.

1. lbrictson Win User

Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license

1. Upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro via the microsoft store

2. Windows now prompts for activation, it was a digital license bought through my MS account, it should auto activate but it does not

3. I have the windows 10 pro purchase in my order history, however clicking it in the web order history portal and also in the store order history portal both take me to a dead link that looks like this, implying the entire product doesn't exist.

Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license 5007f784-9eb9-4660-b029-5cc80ca5796c?upload=true.png

How am I suppose to activate my copy of windows?

:)

lbrictson, Mar 30, 2020
  2. FredHeine Win User

Can't activate my Purchased Windows 10 Pro License.

have 2 computers, both running Windows 10 Pro.

The first computer was upgraded for free to Windows 10 Pro from Retail Windows 7 (Pro).

I purchase Windows 10 Pro and license from Windows Online Store.

My first computer shows up as activated. I can't activate my purchased license on my second computer.

I purchase a third license so I could register my second computer. Now my Windows Account Devices, my first computer shows up activated once and my second computer shows up activated twice with numbers I don't recognize. I received my second license number
    by email. I never received my third license number but it was activated.

FredHeine, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 license expiring

Windows 10 Enterprise volume license clients are used by large organizations that deploy Windows 10 in bulk to hundreds or thousands of computers. Sometimes, users will copy these organization keys off the Internet and use them to install Windows 10
    Enterprise, but they are blocked from activating because it can't reach appropriate KMS host (Server computer) which handles the activation request.

The copy you have installed is not gonna activate; so you will need to purchase a genuine license, then perform a clean install. It does not have to be Windows 10 Pro, you can also purchase Home too.

Step 1: Buy Windows 10 Home/Pro

Step 2:

Step 3:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license

License activation issue: Your windows license will expire soon

Windows 10 Activation reports your license will soon expire.

This can happen for a number of reasons:

• You copied a Windows 10 Pro off the Internet (usually a volume license - organization - key) and changed on a Windows 10 Home installation. Windows 10 Pro is not free. If this is what you did, you will need to reinstall the previous edition
      or version you were running. You inadvertently installed the wrong edition.
      • The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core will install Windows 10 Home

• Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro will installWindows 10 Pro

If the edition of Windows 10 installed does not correspond with the edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8 you were previously running, then you need to reinstall the right edition.

Did you purchase the laptop brand new out of the box?

You might want to reinstall Windows 10 Home to resolve the problem.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license

1. Cannot activate newly purchased windows 10 pro license - Similar Threads - Cannot activate newly

2. Windows 10 pro activation and license.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro activation and license.: Hi, I am Mahesh from Nepal I have a problem related to the windows 10 pro activation and license which have facing since last 10 months that I have bought new dell 3567 laptop they instelled windows it works in the initial days later 5/6 months from that there is pop up on...
  3. Window 10 PRO License Activation

Window 10 PRO License Activation: Dear MS Community, i purchased VLSC Win10 pro license through a reseller. The issue is when im done with installing it, it prompts me to enter product key. As i enter the the product key, it starts to process and once finished. it says " Windows is activated with a digital...
  4. I purchased a Windows 10 Pro License

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I purchased a Windows 10 Pro License: How do I find this digital license when I get my new PC put together next week. If I select Windows 10 Pro in the install option, will it know that I purchased it already and apply it?...
  5. How to activate newly purchased additional Onedrive space

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to activate newly purchased additional Onedrive space: I recently spent $69.99 to buy 1 TB additional storage space for my OneDrive. I downloaded the space (I think) but I'm still getting messages that I have run out of space. Many of my folders in File Explorer have read X's on them. I have about 400 GB total in files and...
  6. My Windows become not activated after purchasing Windows 10 Pro Upgrade License

My Windows become not activated after purchasing Windows 10 Pro Upgrade License: I hope someone could really help me here as I purchased a Windows 10 Pro upgrade license worth P7,299.00(this is in Philippine Peso). After the purchase, and clicking Install. It didn't go through with error that something went wrong. I retried it to no luck. I used to have...
  7. Windows 10 pro license activation

Windows 10 pro license activation: I am using Dell Vostro which came with Microsoft 10 Home. Now after several update it is showing that the window is not activated. Troubleshooting in activation page did not give any solution. The 25 digit product key is there in mask in the activation page. But in any way I...
  8. Activating Windows 10 Pro License

Activating Windows 10 Pro License: Hi guys. My client bought a new laptop and it came with Windows 10 Home, but Windows 10 Pro was needed so the laptop could be added to Active Directory. The next day the client had managed to upgrade the Windows version to Windows 10 Enterprise - when I asked how they...
  9. Cannot activate digital license in Windows 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot activate digital license in Windows 10 Pro.: I have a Microsoft account with a Windows 10 digital license and recently I install a new motherboard and re-install a fresh Windows 10. However , once I tried signing and use the troubleshooter , I cannot find my new computer (name) list in the recent devices. I already...
  10. Newly purchased Windows 8.1

Newly purchased Windows 8.1: Hello, I plan to purchase Windows 8.1 BOX edition in coming days. Can I still upgrade it to Windows 10 for free? In other words, if purchase and activation of 8.1 happens after release date of 10, can I still get free upgrade? I'm asking for obvious reason - 8.1 is...