Windows 10: Cannot activate W10 after fresh install

Discus and support Cannot activate W10 after fresh install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Went to Microsoft website and downloaded the ISO image of W10. I have a Lenovo D20 that I have performed a fresh OS install onto a new ssd hard drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BobWooden, Apr 2, 2019.

1. BobWooden Win User

Cannot activate W10 after fresh install

Went to Microsoft website and downloaded the ISO image of W10. I have a Lenovo D20 that I have performed a fresh OS install onto a new ssd hard drive. Wanted to make sure W10 ran okay on hardware. After comfortable that W10 was running okay (no device manager complaints, etc.) went to Microsoft store and bought new W10 license. I keep getting a 0xc004f050 error code. Why?

:)

BobWooden, Apr 2, 2019

2. Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Yup! I saw it in there this morning. I really like this new activation route they have gone so far. Super easy to maintain.

TheMailMan78, Apr 2, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Not only that, you can check your M$ account and see what devices are listed there, so you know if you can do a clean install or not. Do the upgrade, get it activated, verify that it is listed in your account, then feel free to do a fresh install without activation issues ever.

cadaveca, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Ubersonic Win User

W10 activation and motherboard failure.

Hey, wasn't sure what section to put this in.

Motherboard died yesterday, managed to source a replacement but I believe I am correct in thinking that once I swap the board W10 will deactivate itself and demand I buy a new copy?

If so, would I be able to get around this by booting the system with a spare HDD, installing W7/8, upgrading to W10, then connecting the original drive (so the MB has been used/activated with W10)?

Thanks.

Ubersonic, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot activate W10 after fresh install - Similar Threads - Cannot activate W10

2. Activate windows after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate windows after fresh install: I had a crash and found faulty hardware, and ended up wiping my main windows drive to do a fresh install. Now when I log in I get the "Activate Windows" after logging into my account. As if my key no longer works. This key is literally less than 2 months old. Any help works,...
  3. Activate windows after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate windows after fresh install: I had a crash and found faulty hardware, and ended up wiping my main windows drive to do a fresh install. Now when I log in I get the "Activate Windows" after logging into my account. As if my key no longer works. This key is literally less than 2 months old. Any help works,...
  4. Issues with Windows activation after fresh install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows activation after fresh install?: So here is the situation: My friend recently gave me his PC system with a valid and activated Windows 10 installation on it. Obviously his Microsoft account is still signed in and connected to this installation. The problem is neither he nor I have access to that account we...
  5. Issues with Windows activation after fresh install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Windows activation after fresh install?: So here is the situation: My friend recently gave me his PC system with a valid and activated Windows 10 installation on it. Obviously his Microsoft account is still signed in and connected to this installation. The problem is neither he nor I have access to that account we...
  6. Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro After Fresh Install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro After Fresh Install: Hello. Last fall I made an upgrade to Windows 10 Home to Pro using the Microsoft store. I bought the Home key over two years ago and I was upgrading it to Pro. I never got my key in an email and I cannot view the key in the invoice online like I can with my Home key. When I...
  7. Low volume after fresh W10 installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low volume after fresh W10 installation: I just installed Windows10 on my computer after facing some problems with Windows Apps, I've noticed low output coming out of my Logitech G633 headset. Earlier, my Spotify volume bar was set at 40% and windows volume set to 60, and it felt loud, now I have to set volume on...
  8. Windows not activating after fresh install

Windows not activating after fresh install: I recently upgraded my motherboard and such, and got a new drive for my computer. Once installing windows onto the new drive, it wouldn't allow me to active it, even though it should be digitally licensed and linked to my account. Is there a fix to let me activate windows?...
  9. Cannot Activate W10 after hardware change.

Cannot Activate W10 after hardware change.: Hi all! So you can understand the whole thing: I bought Win8 years ago, I had a product key, then upgraded it later to Win10. I had a hard time once back in that time, when I reinstalled it on a new HD, about how my Windows was activated; a person from MS support assured me...
  10. BSOD even after fresh W10 1803 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD even after fresh W10 1803 install: I've been having trouble with this Dell laptop for about 8 months now. Every two weeks or so, it either crashes with a BSOD, or simply screen freezes (with audio stuttering) that requires a hard reset. Dell recently replaced the motherboard and memory, which still did not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot active w10 after clean install