Windows 10: Cannot activate Win 10 with work Microsoft account

Discus and support Cannot activate Win 10 with work Microsoft account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have created a domain on Microsoft and create multiple users with Microsoft 365 business license. Now i want to activate Win 10 and Office 365 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Pawan.Malhi, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Cannot activate Win 10 with work Microsoft account

I have created a domain on Microsoft and create multiple users with Microsoft 365 business license.

Now i want to activate Win 10 and Office 365 on my company's computers. I saw a video in which i have to login into PC as administrator using Microsoft account, but when i try to login, it says " This Microsoft account doesn't exist". However, i can login that account on outlook.com and office.com

What should i do?Currently Computers are running on

Win 10 Pro v1903

Office 365

:)

Pawan.Malhi, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Activation through Microsoft Account Fails

Just for the record, what account you log in with has no effect on activation. The "Linked to your Microsoft account" is just an optional extra. If you switch to a local account it will just say "activated with a digital license". Switch to a Microsoft account and it will say "activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". You could do a clean install using an account you have never used before and it will still activate. As long as there is a digital license for that device on the activation server matching the installed edition, it will activate. The account used has no bearing on that.

And deleting / removing a device from the list won't affect activation. You just won't see it listed. Reinstall Windows 10 again latter on, on that device and it will be back in the list. That list is just another optional extra.

alphanumeric, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Epicfin Win User

Cannot activate Win 10 with work Microsoft account

Microsoft Account Activation Not working

My new computer just arrived and I have installed windows on the new computer and logged in with my Microsoft account. If I go to the Microsoft profile website it shows that my computer is linked to my Hotmail account.

Microsoft Device List (On Website)
    https://i.imgur.com/xb7vFx0.png

When i troubleshoot my windows activation and select changed hardware it only shows my old computer.

https://i.imgur.com/jtPPhaM.png

if i click see other devices it only shows the VMware Compuiter not the new one. In the settings page on my old PC it says that my windows activation is linked to my microsoft account.

This is for Windows 10 Pro edition which is installed on my old and new computer. They "key" was given to me when i upgraded from windows 7 back in 2014-15.

Windows Activation Diagnostic Report
    Windows Diagnostic Report.txt

Epicfin, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Cannot activate Win 10 with work Microsoft account

1. Cannot activate Win 10 with work Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Cannot activate Microsoft

2. Cannot Activate Windows 11 with my Microsoft 365 Work Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Activate Windows 11 with my Microsoft 365 Work Account: Hey, I have just installed Windows 11 on new hardware and want to activate it.My company has a Microsoft 365 org account and we all have licences for 365 Business Standard which include a Windows licence I believe.If I follow the instructions to Activate Windows Settings >...
  3. Cannot Activate Windows 11 with my Microsoft 365 Work Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Activate Windows 11 with my Microsoft 365 Work Account: Hey, I have just installed Windows 11 on new hardware and want to activate it.My company has a Microsoft 365 org account and we all have licences for 365 Business Standard which include a Windows licence I believe.If I follow the instructions to Activate Windows Settings >...
  4. Adding Microsoft account to validate activation Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Adding Microsoft account to validate activation Win 10: Just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7. ... works fine.My desktop hardware also needs to be upgraded Motherboard, CPU and MemoryFollowing Ms advice I must activate the digital key by adding Ms Account in windows SETTINGSOn the SETTINGS/ACTIVATION tab, when choosing "Add a...
  5. Cannot activate windows 10 account

Cannot activate windows 10 account: Hello, I recently upgraded my computer motherboard and am required to reactivate my account I have already tried using the troubleshoot method in which it states my microsoft account does not contain any linked devices even though when i got to my account I can see my pc on...
  6. Cannot activate Win 10 Pro

Cannot activate Win 10 Pro: Product key was from Win 7. Used free upgrade to Win 10 years ago. I had problems with activation on my old PC same version of Windows and using a non-genuine product key solved this. A few months ago I changed everything in my PC except the harddrive with Windows on it. Last...
  7. Cannot activate windows 10 using my Microsoft account

Cannot activate windows 10 using my Microsoft account: I have windows 10 pro running on my older pc which is activated using microsoft account digital license but now I have bought a new laptop but the retailer has installed an non-activated copy of windows 10 pro in it. now am trying to activate using my Microsoft account but...
  8. Microsoft Account Activation Not working

Microsoft Account Activation Not working: My new computer just arrived and I have installed windows on the new computer and logged in with my Microsoft account. If I go to the Microsoft profile website it shows that my computer is linked to my Hotmail account. Microsoft Device List (On Website)...
  9. Win 10, local user, cannot connect to Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win 10, local user, cannot connect to Microsoft Account: Hello everyone. Normally, I am no slouch in trying to find a solution to a problem with searching the net, but so far I haven't found a solution to my problem. Upgraded my Windows 10 from Win 7 Ultimate. So I started Win 10 with a local account. Which is joined to a...
  10. Cannot activate Win 10

Cannot activate Win 10: I just upgraded my win 8.1 installation to Win 10, as released today 7/29. So this isn't a preview. However, it hasn't activated yet. When I click on manually, it tries and just reports that it cannot activate now. This is confusing. I thought there wouldn't be a problem. And...