Windows 10: Cannot activate windows 10 after motherboard change. Code 0x803FABB8. Troubleshoot does...

Discus and support Cannot activate windows 10 after motherboard change. Code 0x803FABB8. Troubleshoot does... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Called the 800-642-7676 number and had 2 people try to help me and then they just said they have to connect me with someone else. I have been on hold... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ShaneBeyers, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Cannot activate windows 10 after motherboard change. Code 0x803FABB8. Troubleshoot does...

Called the 800-642-7676 number and had 2 people try to help me and then they just said they have to connect me with someone else. I have been on hold for more than 30 minutes.

Windows 10 Home, was working and activated fine on old motherboard, had to replace and now it will not activate. Please help

:)

ShaneBeyers, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Graf Dyon Win User

Can't activate windows 10 after changing motherboard

Hello,

I can't activate my windows 10 license after changing my motherboard.

The license I have is a Windows 7 Pro license, that got changed into a Windows 10 license, when the upgrade was free.

Steps I took previous to the motherboard change:

- I linked my Microsoft account with my device, so that my license is registered under my account (it showed up with my mail in the accounts section)

Now, with the new motherboard built in, I can't activate Windows 10 anymore.

I tried the support steps listed by the Microsoft helper (Activation -> Click Troubleshoot), but that did not work.

In the Activitation settings I get the error code: 0xC004F213

Does anybody know a solution for this, as I haven't found one so far.

Graf Dyon, Apr 10, 2020
  3. GDTyron Win User
    Windows reactivation after hardware change - error 0x803FABB8

I've replaced my old motherboard + processor today and since then windows (10) is demanding an activation code. I had already activated windows before on this computer and it tries to activate it with the information it already has but then it fails with
    the error 0x803FABB8. It says that I should try again later or buy a copy in the store. It's been about 6 hours since I first booted my pc into windows with the new hardware. The help pages about reactivation problems couldn't help my case. Any ideas about
    what I can do now?

GDTyron, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Cannot activate windows 10 after motherboard change. Code 0x803FABB8. Troubleshoot does...

Windows Activation

Hello

If you're having trouble activating Windows 10, follow these steps to fix activation errors:

1. Confirm that your device is up to date and running Windows 10, version 1607 or later. In the search box on the taskbar, type winver, and then select Winver from the list of results. You'll see the version and build of Windows.

Not running Windows 10, version 1607 or later? Learn how to update your device at update Windows 10.

2. Use the Activation troubleshooter to resolve simple errors. For more info, see Try the Activation troubleshooter below.

3. If you're still getting an error, check the list of error codes below and follow the suggested steps to resolve it.

Make sure the error hasn't changed. Sometimes when you run the Activation troubleshooter or try to activate, the error code and message will change. If the error code has changed, look up the new code below and follow the recommended steps. (If you're getting
    an error code that isn't listed on this page, contact customer support.)

Try the Activation troubleshooter

1. If you're running Windows 10, version 1607 or later, the Activation troubleshooter might help reactivate Windows if you recently made a significant hardware change (such as replacing the motherboard) or reinstalled Windows.

2. You must be an administrator to use this option. For more info, see Using the Activation troubleshooter.

You Can Also Try:

If you have a valid product key, use it to activate Windows:

Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Activation .

Select Change product key, and then enter the 25-character product key.

Paul_Mykel, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Cannot activate windows 10 after motherboard change. Code 0x803FABB8. Troubleshoot does...

1. Cannot activate windows 10 after motherboard change. Code 0x803FABB8. Troubleshoot does... - Similar Threads - Cannot activate motherboard

2. Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...: Hi so I had to change motherboards on my PC and now my windows won't activate. I didn't have the product key so pulled it from the registry however this also doesn't work. I requested a callback 2 days ago and still nothing. I use this PC for work and it's critical that I can...
  3. Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...: Hi so I had to change motherboards on my PC and now my windows won't activate. I didn't have the product key so pulled it from the registry however this also doesn't work. I requested a callback 2 days ago and still nothing. I use this PC for work and it's critical that I can...
  4. Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot activate Windows 10 after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate Windows 10 after changing motherboard: In late 2018, I bought Windows license at Microsoft Store. This license was not bought with computer.Since that I've been doing sompe upgrades time to time. I bought new CPU, add some RAM. A few days ago I made an upgrade a new motherboard and now I can't activate my copy of...
  6. Cannot activate Windows 10 after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate Windows 10 after changing motherboard: In late 2018, I bought Windows license at Microsoft Store. This license was not bought with computer.Since that I've been doing sompe upgrades time to time. I bought new CPU, add some RAM. A few days ago I made an upgrade a new motherboard and now I can't activate my copy of...
  7. Cannot activate Windows 10 after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot activate Windows after motherboard change

Cannot activate Windows after motherboard change: Dear Community, The motherboard of my Lenovo laptop was just changed due to hardware failure. Now I am getting "Activate Windows" message on my desktop. I have an active Windows 10 Business subscription but I am not able to active Windows. Running the troubleshoot...
  9. Windows cannot activate after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot activate after motherboard change: Split from this thread. hi i am having the revers problem, i got my pc back from the shop with a new motherboard, and my windows wouldent activate, it was a didgital upgtade from win 8 years ago, but now it says its win 10 pro, i bought win home online from windows shop,...
  10. Cannot Activate Windows 10 after Motherboard Change

Cannot Activate Windows 10 after Motherboard Change: Hello, I've read extensively before making a thread here. My motherboard went kaput the other day. I re-installed windows on my hard drive after backup. Unable to activate windows. I tried the "troubleshoot" from Settings menu. After clicking on "I recently changed my...
Tags: