Windows 10: Cannot Activate Windows 10 after motherboard update

Discus and support Cannot Activate Windows 10 after motherboard update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've just installed a new motherboard and cannot activate windows 10 via the trouble shooter or any of the other methods I've read. I purchased... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ColinParton, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Cannot Activate Windows 10 after motherboard update

I've just installed a new motherboard and cannot activate windows 10 via the trouble shooter or any of the other methods I've read.

I purchased windows 7 and upgraded to windows 10 when that offer was available.

:)

ColinParton, Dec 13, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Dec 13, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Dec 13, 2018
  4. skippy258 Win User

Cannot Activate Windows 10 after motherboard update

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Cannot Activate Windows 10 after motherboard update [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Activate Windows 10 after motherboard update

1. Cannot Activate Windows 10 after motherboard update - Similar Threads - Cannot Activate motherboard

2. Cannot activate after motherboard bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate after motherboard bios update: My motherboard bios had an update specifically related to windows 11. Unfortunately it's now telling me my hardware changed and I am unable to activate windows due to not being able to reach the server. I'm sure it's some other error but that's what windows gives me.Spent...
  3. Cannot activate after motherboard bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot activate after motherboard bios update: My motherboard bios had an update specifically related to windows 11. Unfortunately it's now telling me my hardware changed and I am unable to activate windows due to not being able to reach the server. I'm sure it's some other error but that's what windows gives me.Spent...
  4. Cannot activate Windows 10 after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate Windows 10 after changing motherboard: In late 2018, I bought Windows license at Microsoft Store. This license was not bought with computer.Since that I've been doing sompe upgrades time to time. I bought new CPU, add some RAM. A few days ago I made an upgrade a new motherboard and now I can't activate my copy of...
  5. Cannot activate Windows 10 after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate Windows 10 after changing motherboard: In late 2018, I bought Windows license at Microsoft Store. This license was not bought with computer.Since that I've been doing sompe upgrades time to time. I bought new CPU, add some RAM. A few days ago I made an upgrade a new motherboard and now I can't activate my copy of...
  6. Cannot activate Windows 10 after changing motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot Activate after Motherboard swap.

Cannot Activate after Motherboard swap.: Hello I bought a PC with a fresh install of Windows 10 Home. I set up PC and activated/linked Windows 10 to my Microsoft account. A few moths later I upgraded my Motherboard and I wanted to make sure Windows 10 was activated on new MOBO to avoid any issues, problem is the " I...
  8. Cannot activate Windows 10 after motherboard swap

Cannot activate Windows 10 after motherboard swap: I recently installed a new motherboard and now unable to active my genuine digital copy of Windows 10 Home. I've followed the troubleshooting recommendations all to no avail; it tells me, "We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for...
  9. Windows cannot activate after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows cannot activate after motherboard change: Split from this thread. hi i am having the revers problem, i got my pc back from the shop with a new motherboard, and my windows wouldent activate, it was a didgital upgtade from win 8 years ago, but now it says its win 10 pro, i bought win home online from windows shop,...
  10. Cannot Activate Windows 10 after Motherboard Change

Cannot Activate Windows 10 after Motherboard Change: Hello, I've read extensively before making a thread here. My motherboard went kaput the other day. I re-installed windows on my hard drive after backup. Unable to activate windows. I tried the "troubleshoot" from Settings menu. After clicking on "I recently changed my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot activate windows 10 after update