Windows 10: Cannot activate Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C008

Discus and support Cannot activate Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C008 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently built a Pc and got a defective motherboard, everything was fine until my motherboard started BSOD, so I decided to sent it back and ask for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EmanuelPena, May 19, 2019.

1. Cannot activate Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C008

I recently built a Pc and got a defective motherboard, everything was fine until my motherboard started BSOD, so I decided to sent it back and ask for a refund since I could't access anything including the BIOS, I could not deactivate my Windows 10 Product Key. I got a new motherboard that works great but now it says in the activation option Error code: 0xC004008. I'm wondering if Microsoft support could help with this issue and deactivate the key from the defective motherboard and transfer the key to this one or if they could provide me a new key or any other way to help fix this problem. Thanks in advance.

:)

EmanuelPena, May 19, 2019
  2. Jan Del Win User

Windows 10 activation failed with error Code 0xC004C008

Hi,

The error code 0xC004c008 is associated with the issue of the product key already been used on another computer. For us to get a better understanding of the issue and provide a resolution suitable to your concern, kindly provide the following information:

• When and where did you purchase the installation disk.
    • Is this the first time you're going to activate Windows using the disk?

Meanwhile, you can check this article about common Windows activation errors and how to solve them.

Looking forward to your reply.

Jan Del, May 19, 2019
  3. Error code 0xC004C008

Hi,

The error code 0xC004C008 means that the product key that you are trying to use is already activated on a different device. For us to effectively assist you, can you confirm if you have already activated the product key on another device
    before building a new computer? Or was it purchased brand new the same time that you have built the new computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this link
    Get help with Windows activation errors
    for further details regarding the error code that you are receiving.

Let us know if there are other concerns.

Jomel_Santos, May 19, 2019
  4. linhlz Win User

Cannot activate Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C008

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, May 19, 2019
Thema:

Cannot activate Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C008

1. Cannot activate Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C008 - Similar Threads - Cannot activate Error

2. Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't activate Windows 11 Error code 0xC004C008: I recently bought a new laptop and a Windows 11 Home licence, I entered the activation code and got the error 0xC004C008. I never used this code before, can you please help me?...
  3. Error code 0xC004C008

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0xC004C008: I bought a new DVD of Windows 11 Pro, but it's displaying that the product was used previously on another device! I tried troubleshooting the activation, it keeps giving me the 0xc004c008 and "problem connecting to server" message. I disabled firewall and used cmd to...
  4. Error code 0xC004C008

Error code 0xC004C008: I bought a new DVD of Windows 11 Pro, but it's displaying that the product was used previously on another device! I tried troubleshooting the activation, it keeps giving me the 0xc004c008 and "problem connecting to server" message. I disabled firewall and used cmd to...
  5. Error code 0xC004C008 Windows Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0xC004C008 Windows Activation: i recently changed my motherboard but windows will not activate , ive tried the troubleshoot button but that doesn't work , I've also tried activate by phone however the call doesnt go through so i have not been able to use it , can anyone help me ?...
  6. Error code 0xC004C008 Windows Activation

Error code 0xC004C008 Windows Activation: i recently changed my motherboard but windows will not activate , ive tried the troubleshoot button but that doesn't work , I've also tried activate by phone however the call doesnt go through so i have not been able to use it , can anyone help me ?...
  7. Windows activation error code 0xc004c008

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows activation error code 0xc004c008: I opened virtual agent to help me activate since I never used this code on another device but it asked me for my installation ID which I know because windows script host showed me it, however I can't past it in because the windows script host wont let me copy my installation...
  8. Windows 10 Pro activation error 0xc004c008

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro activation error 0xc004c008: Hello! I have a product key of windows 10 pro. Currently, I have procured a upgraded desktop device and now I want to reinstall my windows 10 pro with activation in the new device, but error code 0xc004c008 is popping up. What can be the probable solution for this?...
  9. Windows activation 0xC004C008

Windows activation 0xC004C008: Hello , i recently update my pc parts (mobo,cpu,ram) and formated my ssd and put windows 10 again to an m.2 nvme and kept the first ssd as a storage one. Once i set windows and log with my microsoft acc as administrator i could see my pc avitvated in the acc but windows were...
  10. Windows 10 No longer Activated Error Code 0xC004C008

Windows 10 No longer Activated Error Code 0xC004C008: The most recent update to Windows 10 has caused my windows to say it is no longer activated. I activated it with my product key when i got my new computer, which was about a couple of months ago. From this time it has been activated with no problems, however after...
Tags: