Windows 10: Cannot activate Windows 10, neither to change the key

Discus and support Cannot activate Windows 10, neither to change the key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I have an an issue with my Windows 10 activation. My old PC was very old so i decided to build a new one, and so i did. Each time i try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by empathicc, Aug 24, 2019.

1. empathicc Win User

Cannot activate Windows 10, neither to change the key

Hello, I have an an issue with my Windows 10 activation.

My old PC was very old so i decided to build a new one, and so i did.

Each time i try to activate Windows with troubleshoot, only my old PC shows up.

By clicking on it i get the following error:

"Unable to activate Windows

We can't find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you're using right now. Make sure the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device or try again later."

I deleted my old PC from my account in hope that my current machine will show up.

I ran the troubleshoot and the exactly same text appeared.

What can i do to finally activate my Windows?

:)

empathicc, Aug 24, 2019
  2. skippy258 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

this search might help you https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...o+to+get+it+activated+windows+10+blocked+keys

From http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

If you upgraded to Windows 10 for free and ended up in a non-activated state, try following these steps:

• Go to Start
      Cannot activate Windows 10, neither to change the key [​IMG]
      , then select Settings > Update & security > Activation.
    • Select Go to Store, and check to see if a valid license is available for your device. If a license isn't available, you'll need to buy Windows from the Store.

Note
      • This only applies if you haven't made changes to the hardware for your device.

or you could hack it with a crack but please note this is always risky and you don't know what's in the hack

skippy258, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 24, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot activate Windows 10, neither to change the key - Similar Threads - Cannot activate neither

2. Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key: Hello,I just upgraded my hardware including my motherboard and now it shows me that my Windows 10 is not activated due to a hardware change. I tried to enter my original Windows 8.1 key which I buyed a long time ago but it is the transferable not OEM sort of a key I upgraded...
  3. Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key: Hello,I just upgraded my hardware including my motherboard and now it shows me that my Windows 10 is not activated due to a hardware change. I tried to enter my original Windows 8.1 key which I buyed a long time ago but it is the transferable not OEM sort of a key I upgraded...
  4. Cannot activate Windows 10 with Windows 8 key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. cannot activate windows licensed key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot activate windows licensed key: cannot activate windows licensed key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-activate-windows-licensed-key/51203cf8-b91d-4635-863a-e729c98577a3
  6. Windows 10 Activation - Cannot Find Retail Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Activation - Cannot Find Retail Key: I recently had to change motherboards as my old one had died. As expected it is now asking for my windows 10 product key. I purchased a retail key from the Microsoft Store back in August of 2019 but none of my order info is leading me to a 25-digit key neither confirmation...
  7. Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro Key: Hi, So I am in a bit of a complex situation as it pertains to my Windows 10 situation, and I could really use some help sorting through this. When I first reinstalled Windows on this computer, I chose Windows 10 Pro instead of regular Windows 10- I am aware that to...
  8. Hardware change cannot activate windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hardware change cannot activate windows 10: I had win 8.1 installed on asus mobo A88XXplus. Purchased the 8.1 in a retail box with both 32 and 64 bit versions. Free upgrade win10 no problem. that set up died and moved it to a asus cm5779 mobo in an old asus machine. Activated fine Digital license like to microsoft...
  9. I cannot activate Windows 10 after a hardware change with a product key.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot activate Windows 10 after a hardware change with a product key.: I use a product key to activate my Windows 10 that the computer has a hardware change recently. My Windows version is Windows 10 Education and I tried following this article but it don't work. What should I do?...
  10. Cannot change active hours in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change active hours in windows 10: At about 4pm 7/11/18 Windows 10 did a update and restart in the middle of a program, losing all my data. Tried to change the active hours, which were set for 8am to 5pm, but could not change it. I could change the time and save, but when I checked, it back to 8am to 5pm....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows cannot activate windows 10