Windows 10: Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) After a Hardware Change

Discus and support Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) After a Hardware Change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I am having an issue where I cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after changing my hardware. The activation server returns the following error;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by taninogi, Apr 7, 2019.

1. taninogi Win User

Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) After a Hardware Change

Hello,

I am having an issue where I cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after changing my hardware.
    The activation server returns the following error;

"Error: 0x803FA067 The last product key (ID: #####-#####-#####-#####) you entered can't be used on this copy of Windows."

I want to specifically mention the following;

• My Microsoft Account has a valid digital key for Windows 10 Pro.
    • It is NOT an OEM Key.
    • The key is NOT an upgrade key from the Windows 7/8/8.1 upgrade to Windows 10.
    • I have used this key to change hardware multiple times in the past without having any issues.
    • I am literally using the same SSD that was on my old system, with the SAME install of Windows 10 Pro. None of the files have been edited or even touched.

What happened is, I had an old PC that was almost 10 years old, the Power Supply gave out on Wednesday night and basically the whole thing fried. I was only able to save the GPU and the SSD alongside with my HDDs.

I slapped my SSD into a spare laptop I had collecting dust so that I could still continue to work and do my daily tasks while I ordered new PC parts.

I don't exactly understand why I can't activate Windows here.
    I've activated Windows with the license on my Microsoft account in the past, 4-5 times easily.

I did however remove all devices from my Microsoft account after my PC died because I know for a fact I can't activate more than one device with my Windows Key.
    Did I screw myself over by doing this? I now notice that I can't actually select a new device when I choose to "I've recently changed hardware on my device" because it can't find any older devices (Because I removed all of them).

So what is the issue at hand here and how can I resolve it?

:)

taninogi, Apr 7, 2019
  2. Maria2015 Win User

Compability of Asus H97-Pro with Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm planning to have Asus H97-Pro & Windows 10 (64-bit) in my new system.

While cross checking compatibilty I landed on Windows Compatible Products List
    and according to that Asus H97-Pro is only comatible with Windows 7 & 8.

Please suggest whether Asus H97-Pro is actually compatible with Windows 10 or not.

Thanks & regards,

Maria.

Maria2015, Apr 7, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit to 32-Bit?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What is the name of the game?
    If the system architect is 32 bit, then you can’t install 64 bit version of windows in it. I suggest you to run “winver” by pressing Windows + R, and check the version and bit.

There are some games that you can install it in 32 bit as well.

Windows 10 is the free upgrade for those users who has genuine key for Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 , normally it doesn't require activation, it's gets activated automatically, in case if you face an issue with activation the you can get back to
    us.

For reference you can refer the link below and check if it helps (32 bit and 64 bit architect applies same to windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/32-bit-and-64-bit-windows#1TC=windows-7

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Apr 7, 2019
  4. pepoluan Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Apr 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) After a Hardware Change - Similar Threads - Cannot Activate Pro

2. Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro activation after hardware change: Hi thereMy motherboard/cpu died and I have installed a new motherboard and cpu, everything else is the same.I have the message now that Windows is not activated. Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211I have tried the Troubleshoot...
  3. Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro FPP after hardware change

Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro FPP after hardware change: Hi,I have legal Windows 10 Pro FPP license, installed on old laptop. I changed this laptop with new desktop pc, but kept hard drive with the installations. I tried to activate my FPP license on new machine, but it is marked as a OEM in my account. I remove my device in my...
  4. Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro FPP after hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro FPP after hardware change: Hi,I have legal Windows 10 Pro FPP license, installed on old laptop. I changed this laptop with new desktop pc, but kept hard drive with the installations. I tried to activate my FPP license on new machine, but it is marked as a OEM in my account. I remove my device in my...
  5. Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro FPP after hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot re-activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change

Cannot re-activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change: I changed hardware motherboard mainly and after that Windows 10 Pro is not activated anymore. I new that this would happen. Before changing hardware I verified and confirmed in the Activation settings that I had a "digital license linked to my Microsoft account", so that I...
  7. Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Activation Problem

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit Activation Problem: I have been using a laptop for about 2 years.From where I bought the laptop ,they might use software for activating windows and I attached my microsoft account after purchasing laptop.Recently I bought an OEM key from a renowned online store(don't want to reveal the name)...
  8. Windows 10 pro 64 bit activation problem

Windows 10 pro 64 bit activation problem: Hello! A few days ago I bought a laptop and put the official Windows on it. However, the laptop was defective at the factory and replaced with another one containing other hardware. So I couldn't activate Windows anymore....
  9. Windows 10 pro activation after hardware change.

Windows 10 pro activation after hardware change.: I cant activate windows after I switched my motherboard. I ran the troubleshooter here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MVjNHYYhTE Also this picture is taken from https://account.microsoft.com/devices/ should I remove my old pc from my devices?[ATTACH]...
  10. for window 10 pro 64 bit activation key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    for window 10 pro 64 bit activation key: I have done window 10 pro in my pc by USB installation but it was need to window activate with a key so please give me a suggestion to activate window in our pc....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot activate windows 10 pro

2. activate windows after change hardware

3. why dla activaion not working in my pc

4. after activation on a hardware change i cant activate win 10 pro,
  5. cannot activate windows 10,
  6. cannot activate windows after hardware change