Windows 10: Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro After Fresh Install

Discus and support Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro After Fresh Install in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. Last fall I made an upgrade to Windows 10 Home to Pro using the Microsoft store. I bought the Home key over two years ago and I was upgrading it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Lucas_Gi, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Lucas_Gi Win User

Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro After Fresh Install

Hello. Last fall I made an upgrade to Windows 10 Home to Pro using the Microsoft store. I bought the Home key over two years ago and I was upgrading it to Pro. I never got my key in an email and I cannot view the key in the invoice online like I can with my Home key. When I tried to upgrade and activate the PC, I had Windows 10 Enterprise install automatically from the Microsoft store. I believe this is now a known issue but I ended up calling Microsoft to see if I can get this resolved. I gave my order number to the person who answered but without any additional verification or explanation, I was given a Windows 10 Pro key and they hung up. I tried it and I was activated and was no longer using Enterprise. Now I swapped my boot drive and installed Pro for a fresh start. My PC did not automatically activate based on my Microsoft account like it did with Home and I'm stuck with an error that says activation servers aren't available right now 0x80072EE7. The troubleshooter also doesn't help. I also cannot use the key given as it gives 0x803FA067 as the key is seen as an invalid key. I'm assuming that it wasn't the actual key associated with my account.

:)

Lucas_Gi, Jan 20, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro After Fresh Install

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro After Fresh Install

1. Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro After Fresh Install - Similar Threads - Cannot Activate Pro

2. Activate windows after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate windows after fresh install: I had a crash and found faulty hardware, and ended up wiping my main windows drive to do a fresh install. Now when I log in I get the "Activate Windows" after logging into my account. As if my key no longer works. This key is literally less than 2 months old. Any help works,...
  3. Activate windows after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate windows after fresh install: I had a crash and found faulty hardware, and ended up wiping my main windows drive to do a fresh install. Now when I log in I get the "Activate Windows" after logging into my account. As if my key no longer works. This key is literally less than 2 months old. Any help works,...
  4. Issues with Windows activation after fresh install?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Windows activation after fresh install?: So here is the situation: My friend recently gave me his PC system with a valid and activated Windows 10 installation on it. Obviously his Microsoft account is still signed in and connected to this installation. The problem is neither he nor I have access to that account we...
  5. Issues with Windows activation after fresh install?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Windows activation after fresh install?: So here is the situation: My friend recently gave me his PC system with a valid and activated Windows 10 installation on it. Obviously his Microsoft account is still signed in and connected to this installation. The problem is neither he nor I have access to that account we...
  6. Activating the Windows 10 Pro Version after a fresh, clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating the Windows 10 Pro Version after a fresh, clean install: Hello, I'm currently downloading windows 10 through media installation tool on an external USB drive, so I can use it to install fresh, authentic windows 10 on my PC. However, I know we're supposed to activate the windows after it's done installing. I was wondering if I...
  7. problem activating windows 10 pro to fresh install on pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problem activating windows 10 pro to fresh install on pc: Hi, I bought windows legitimately in the past and got an upgrade to 10. I recently had hardware problems with my motherboard so upgraded it and moved hard drives around. I had to do a new install. I was told on the site and by support there was a way to bring my license...
  8. Windows not activating after fresh install

Windows not activating after fresh install: I recently upgraded my motherboard and such, and got a new drive for my computer. Once installing windows onto the new drive, it wouldn't allow me to active it, even though it should be digitally licensed and linked to my account. Is there a fix to let me activate windows?...
  9. Cannot activate W10 after fresh install

Cannot activate W10 after fresh install: Went to Microsoft website and downloaded the ISO image of W10. I have a Lenovo D20 that I have performed a fresh OS install onto a new ssd hard drive. Wanted to make sure W10 ran okay on hardware. After comfortable that W10 was running okay (no device manager complaints,...
  10. Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Install of Windows 10 Pro: I received my free upgrade to Windows 10 Home from Windows 8.1. I am highly considering purchasing an upgrade key for Windows 10 Pro for $99. My question is: If I were do perform that upgrade, and later on in the future I have to reinstall a fresh copy of Windows, will I be...