Windows 10: Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change Digital Licence

Discus and support Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change Digital Licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I have attempted to install Windows 10 clean install following a hardware change motherboard and CPU. Previous to attempting to get the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ArtVanderlay, May 25, 2020.

1. Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change Digital Licence

Hi,

I have attempted to install Windows 10 clean install following a hardware change motherboard and CPU. Previous to attempting to get the new system, I had Windows 10 Pro, with my account linked to the Digital Licence. Everything I read prior to the upgrade was indicative that I should be able to install Windows 10 to the new system without issue. However when I attempt to 'Activate' Windows 10 on the new system, I receive error code 0xC004C003. I attempted to run the troubleshooter, clicking on the 'I changed hardware on this device recently' option, but get the 'Unable to activate Windows' answer.

I've attempted to reach a Microsoft consultant via tech support, but calling from Australia, I don't seem to be getting much luck in terms of being able too speak to someone to resolve it.

Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Thanks,

Art.

:)

ArtVanderlay, May 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 digital licence activation issues

Good day

My hardware sticker indicates that I have a Windows 10 Pro digital license, I installed Windows 10 Pro accordingly.

Now when I try activate my digital licence it says that I have a Home Single Language licence and must install correct version.

Please advise how this is possible and what could be the cause of this, I have activated many machines without fail in this regard but today suddenly things changed?

Please revert with reasons and a fix to resolve urgently to activate the Pro version which is what I require.

Regards

Michael Cloete, May 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Pro Digital Licence

Activate Windows 10 Pro via a Digital Licence, still shows Windows Home

TeresaMeakins, May 25, 2020
  4. dantandem Win User

Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change Digital Licence

digital licence for windows

Ok following your advice and my nose.

Windows activation

Signed in as admin via hotmail account. Troubleshooting

Tried to select upgraded hardware - motherboard as last one failed shortly after windows upgrade digital licence linked to my account win 10 pro.

Reactivate windows 10

Ive selected desktop listed checked box and clicked activate.

And ratger quickly next box appears.

Unable to activate windows.

Lear more goto store etc.

dantandem, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change Digital Licence

1. Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after hardware change Digital Licence - Similar Threads - Cannot activate Pro

2. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware: i've been attempting to get my digital licence to work on my new computer but isn't working, tried using the slmgr commands and still dont have success, tried to uninstall from the original device and now isn't even showing on the troubleshoot...
  3. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware: i've been attempting to get my digital licence to work on my new computer but isn't working, tried using the slmgr commands and still dont have success, tried to uninstall from the original device and now isn't even showing on the troubleshoot...
  4. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital licence and hardware change: Hi,I have made hardware changes and reinstalled windows. I accidentally removed the previous build/PC from my devices in my microsoft account. Now I cannot activate the new build. How can I fix this?Nic...
  6. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital licence and hardware change: Hi,I have made hardware changes and reinstalled windows. I accidentally removed the previous build/PC from my devices in my microsoft account. Now I cannot activate the new build. How can I fix this?Nic...
  7. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows won't activate after a hardware change with digital licence linked to account

Windows won't activate after a hardware change with digital licence linked to account: I recently made a hardware change to my PC, after which Windows says no product key was found on my device Error code: 0xC004F213. Before I changed my hardware I ensured my digital licence was linked to my Microsoft account, troubleshooting doesn't provide the option to say I...
  9. Digital licence activation post hardware change

Digital licence activation post hardware change: I switched out my hardware on a pc with a digital license and now it wont activate, the old device is still registered in my account devices. also the help is completely useless once I get to the talk to someone section as it refuses to accept my contact number which is...
  10. Re-activating a digital licenced Windows 10 with new hardware changes

Re-activating a digital licenced Windows 10 with new hardware changes: Recently, i my motherboard broke due to my PSU caught on fire. Surprisingly, my hard drive containing all my files are intact and i'm about to buy new components. My concern is, will i be able to activate windows if i login with my Microsoft account that has the key?...