Windows 10: Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after purchase through the Microsoft Store

Discus and support Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after purchase through the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My desktop has been running Windows 10 Home since 2018. Today, I decided to update to Windows 10 Pro. I purchased a copy through the Microsoft Store,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by nballin, Jun 16, 2021.

1. nballin Win User

Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after purchase through the Microsoft Store

My desktop has been running Windows 10 Home since 2018. Today, I decided to update to Windows 10 Pro. I purchased a copy through the Microsoft Store, and I have received an email receipt. This purchase apparently doesn't come with a Product Key. Rather, it is only supposed to be activated with a digital license according to the following help article:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/upgrade-windows-10-home-to-windows-10-pro-ef34d520-e73f-3198-c525-d1a218cc2818I am logged in as an administrator using the same account that was used to purchase the Windows 10 Pro license. My comp

:)

nballin, Jun 16, 2021

2. Windows 10 Activation - Purchased thru Microsoft Store

I purchased Windows 10 Pro thru the microsoft store in july. It was working great.

A recent windows update caused windows to think its Windows 10 Enterprise - which fails activation.

Since I purchased thru store I don't have a product key to paste in the Activation Window (found in steps to fix documentation).

I cannot get in touch of anyone at Microsoft for less than $499 (Business support no thanks).

When I open the store it says - your not using a valid version of enterprise ( this is super annoying ).. When I goto the windows professional store page - it says "upgrade to legit windows 10 enterprise" (no thanks)... I really just want this nightmare
    to end and have the windows I bought. (Windows 10 Professional)

But seem to be in endless documentation / Activation / other random that leads in circles..

Thanks

RobertEugeneOR, Jun 16, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Jun 16, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows 10 Pro store purchase wont activate

Hi MCas1ID

This is caused by a known bug in the process of activating Windows 10 Pro, click the link below, then follow the steps provided by trusted MVP Sumit Dhiman and your Windows 10 Pro should be activated in a minute . . .

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2019/07/fix-pu...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro after purchase through the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Cannot activate Pro

2. Windows 11 doesnt activate after purchasing it through the store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesnt activate after purchasing it through the store: I bought windows 11 through the store yesterday and after the payment went through I got the message in the store that it couldn't activate with a try again button, clicking this button did nothing. I can see the purchase in my orders list.Today I...
  3. Windows 11 doesnt activate after purchasing it through the store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 doesnt activate after purchasing it through the store: I bought windows 11 through the store yesterday and after the payment went through I got the message in the store that it couldn't activate with a try again button, clicking this button did nothing. I can see the purchase in my orders list.Today I...
  4. Failed Windows Pro activation through Microsoft store

Failed Windows Pro activation through Microsoft store: Goodmorning,I bought a Pro license for a PC from the Microsoft Store.I managed to add the PC to the corporate network domain but now it tells me to activate Windows with error code 0xC004C003What should I do?A thousand thanks...
  5. Unable to activate Windows after purchasing Windows 10 Pro in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to activate Windows after purchasing Windows 10 Pro in Microsoft Store: Hi,I purchased Windows 10 Pro several months ago and I'm now on a new PC trying to activate it. The Windows 10 Pro purchase shows up in my Microsoft Store Order History. I understand that it is a Digital License and that I don't need to enter a product key. On the Activation...
  6. Unable to activate Windows after purchasing Windows 10 Pro in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to activate Windows after purchasing Windows 10 Pro in Microsoft Store: Hi,I purchased Windows 10 Pro several months ago and I'm now on a new PC trying to activate it. The Windows 10 Pro purchase shows up in my Microsoft Store Order History. I understand that it is a Digital License and that I don't need to enter a product key. On the Activation...
  7. Unable to activate Windows after purchasing Windows 10 Pro in Microsoft Store

8. Windows 10 Pro Activation Issues After Purchase in Microsoft Store

Windows 10 Pro Activation Issues After Purchase in Microsoft Store: Hey Microsoft Community! Today, I bought Windows 10 Pro through the online Microsoft Store. I was originally running Windows 10 Home since it came preinstalled on my Lenovo Y545 Legion laptop. When I installed Windows 10 Pro after purchasing it, I am told that Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 Pro purchased through Store Problem with Activation

Windows 10 Pro purchased through Store Problem with Activation: I just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro with my Microsoft Account through the Microsoft Store. I purchased the Pro Version and installed it in my Dell Inspiron 15inch 5000 Series Laptop. I did all the updates all-right, and then I went to use my build. But now Windows System Info...
  10. Activation of a STORE Purchase Windows 10 Pro

Activation of a STORE Purchase Windows 10 Pro: I built a new computer and installed W10 pro via a download. I went to the store and purchased a W10 pro license and paid for it. The window closed and I got nothing. I got an email saying I had made the purchase, still no license. When I go to my order details, I can...