Windows 10: Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home installation

Discus and support Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home installation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had Windows 10 Home installed in my old computer. I moved the hard drive to my new computer and learned that it was only valid once per motherboard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Vincent Incarvite, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home installation

I had Windows 10 Home installed in my old computer. I moved the hard drive to my new computer and learned that it was only valid once per motherboard. I bought a Windows 10 Pro key online and tried to activate it. It didn't work, so I went through the activation troubleshooting. Still didn't work, so clicked "Get Help" on the Activation page. I followed all of the steps from the robot, but it didn't work. I clicked to sign in, but when I clicked "Call me back" to speak to a person, I got a spinner then this error:

An error occurred

Please try your request again later

CV: QUHEysL8dEa7OmXudEaPDQ.0.53

Also, for your reference, when I tried to change the product key via the Activation page, I got this error:

The product key you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one. 0xc004f050

Summary / Specifics:

- The key I'm trying is for Windows 10 Pro.

- Troubleshooting doesn't work.

- I get an error above when trying to change the key.

- I get an error above when trying to contact a human at Microsoft.

- System Information:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name [REDACTED]

System Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.

System Model MS-7B17

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU Default string

Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 8 Logical Processors

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. A.A0, 8/14/2020

SMBIOS Version 2.8

Embedded Controller Version255.255

BIOS Mode Legacy

BaseBoard ManufacturerMicro-Star International Co., Ltd.

BaseBoard Product MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC MS-7B17

:)

Vincent Incarvite, Jan 6, 2021

2. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 6, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home installation

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home installation

1. Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home installation - Similar Threads - Cannot Activate Pro

2. Activating windows 10 pro from windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating windows 10 pro from windows 10 home: I bought a new PC that was sold with preactivated windows 10 home. I have a key for upgrading windows home to pro but the upgrade fails showing the following message: "The product key you entered did not work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one....
  3. Activating windows 10 pro from windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating windows 10 pro from windows 10 home: I bought a new PC that was sold with preactivated windows 10 home. I have a key for upgrading windows home to pro but the upgrade fails showing the following message: "The product key you entered did not work. Check the product key and try again, or enter a different one....
  4. Activating windows 10 pro from windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. activation from windows 10 home to pro

activation from windows 10 home to pro: i have windows 10 pro on my old laptop but i bought a new laptop which only have windows 10 home can i get windows 10 pro which i have in my old laptop...
  6. Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro and Activation

Windows 10 Upgrade from Home to Pro and Activation: Hi, If I upgrade my Windows 10 license from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro will Windows 10 Pro be the version that is activated on machines that I install from then on, like Windows 10 Home is now, or will it only be valid for one machine Windows 10 Pro and the rest will...
  7. Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.

Activate Windows 10 Pro on a Windows 10 Home installation.: Just got a new laptop that came with Windows 10 Home edition. I have a Windows 10 Pro license that I bought back in 2017 appears in order history in my MS account but I can't find a product key anywhere. What do I do?...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro will not activate

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro will not activate: I purchased the Windows 10 Pro upgrade yesterday through the Microsoft Store and installed. I am now getting an activation error: Windows reported that no product key was found on your defice. Error code: OxC004F213. This error seems to be associated with a hardware...
  9. Activating Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home

Activating Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home: Hi, I have installed Windows 10 Home, but i havent activated it yet. If i buy Windows 10 Pro licence, will i be able to activate the Windows to Pro? Or i need to re-install the Pro in order to get licence working? Thanks...
  10. Activating Windows 10 Pro from 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activating Windows 10 Pro from 10 Home: I have just purchased the Windows 10 pro upgrade directly from the Microsoft store. My computer appeared to go through the download/ install process smoothly. When I go to the "About" and "Windows Specifications" section it says Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1803, however I...