Windows 10: Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro - Servers always down

Discus and support Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro - Servers always down in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently built a new PC, and transfer the hard drive from the old one to it. Windows is no longer activated and every time I try to (following the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MarkXM, Oct 19, 2019.

1. MarkXM Win User

Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro - Servers always down

I recently built a new PC, and transfer the hard drive from the old one to it. Windows is no longer activated and every time I try to (following the steps for activating after a hardware change), I keep getting the below message:

Unable to activate Windows

We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes or try adding your Microsoft account again.

It's been 3 days and now seeing a pop up on my desktop asking me to activate windows. The main activation page also shows the error message:

We can't activate windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later, or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. Error code: 0xC004F025

My license is a digital copy (upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from the free program), and it's linked to my windows account. If I move the hard drive back to my old/original PC, it shows up as being activated there. I did this prior to moving the hard drive over, as per the instructions online. Prior it wasn't linked and I used a local admin account to log onto the old PC. Both use the windows account now.

Any way to get this activated on my new PC?

:)

MarkXM, Oct 19, 2019

2. Windows 10 Activation Error: 0xC004F034

Hi Greg,

This error code is usually caused by a problem with the product key. For better assistance, we would like to clarify how you got the Windows 10 Pro? Is it supplied by a company?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Activation troubleshooter and try activating Windows 10 Pro again. To run the Activation troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Select Activation in the left pane of the window.
    • Click Troubleshoot.

If your Windows 10 Pro is supplied by a company, we recommend that you get in touch with your organization's support for assistance with the activation.

We'll be waiting to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 19, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot Activate Windows 10 Pro - Servers always down - Similar Threads - Cannot Activate Pro

2. Windows 10 Activation Servers are always offline?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Activation Servers are always offline?: I recently changed my motherboard and I made sure to be signed in with my microsoft account to link it to my product key and after getting the new hardware running, I'm trying to use the troubleshooter to activate but i keep getting an error that the servers are offline and...
  3. Windows 10 Activation Servers are always offline?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Activation Servers are always offline?: I recently changed my motherboard and I made sure to be signed in with my microsoft account to link it to my product key and after getting the new hardware running, I'm trying to use the troubleshooter to activate but i keep getting an error that the servers are offline and...
  4. Windows 10 Activation Servers are always offline?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Microsoft activation servers down

Microsoft activation servers down: Hello, I have a legit windows Home edition version. I had a motherboard problem, fixed it, now I can't activate Windows. I keep going through the troubleshooter and select, Changed hardware on this device recently, but keep getting this stupid error message. I have also...
  6. Activation problem! Servers are down!

Activation problem! Servers are down!: I just built a new PC and transferred all my SSDs and HDDs. I've been trying to activate Windows and Office but it keeps telling me the servers are down. Keep getting the message below: Unable to activate Windows We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available...
  7. Cannot activate Window 10 Pro

Cannot activate Window 10 Pro: Just purchased a new surface go lap top which came with Windows 10 s. As already posted you cannot dowm load apps outside of the MS Store. Therefore I also purchased windows 10 pro which will allow you to this as well as keep your security etc. Pro was purchased on line...
  8. Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot activate Windows 10 Pro: I'm holding a legal copy of Windows 10 Pro OEM with DVD and product key. However, I can't complete the activation. Error code 0x803fa067 appeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-activate-windows-10-pro/8aa935ae-c274-4299-a89f-533787bfdcc5
  9. Can't activate windows 10 pro , is server really down now??

Can't activate windows 10 pro , is server really down now??: [img] [img] I removed a device from pc recently, and then clean install creator update. It may be the reason that my PC is now not activated. 84694
  10. W10 activation servers down?

W10 activation servers down?: Is it over? I'm getting a server down message when trying to activate W10. Anyone know what time Microsoft is supposed to pull the plug on the free update? Anyone else having this problem? thanks! 57793

Users found this page by searching for:

1. You searched for We can\t activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows Error code: 0xC004F025: No results found.